Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Path-x
01.21.2013 , 12:46 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Mucklavee View Post
oh and i absolutely love kaliyo because she's interesting and also a freak plus i don't play my IA as a empire boot licking drone so she fits my character very well
Well to have an IA character which shares similar traits and views as Kaliyo (anti-imperial attitude, dislike of authority, unreliability) is just plain dumb from the storyline perspective. Why would your IA character join the "Gestapo of the Sith Empire" in the first place? And how does one expect him to come through the training process with that kind of traits?

It intrigues me how do you guys even play IA with that kind of mentality. If you refuse to be an imperial drone (for the sake of storyline) I would assume are stuck on Hutta telling the Keeper to f*** off when he is giving you the first mission.

I am not found of Jedi either but when I played Knight and JC I adapted to their mentality otherwise the whole experience would feel stupid and pointless. A Jedi who despise the Jedi and at the same time follows orders given by the Jedi makes no sense. Same applies for IA.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Icebergy
01.21.2013 , 01:56 PM | #52
Doc
Tharan Cedrax
Tanno Vik
Andronikos
Skadge
Vector
Lokinn
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Calimero
01.21.2013 , 10:43 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Well to have an IA character which shares similar traits and views as Kaliyo (anti-imperial attitude, dislike of authority, unreliability) is just plain dumb from the storyline perspective. Why would your IA character join the "Gestapo of the Sith Empire" in the first place? And how does one expect him to come through the training process with that kind of traits?

It intrigues me how do you guys even play IA with that kind of mentality. If you refuse to be an imperial drone (for the sake of storyline) I would assume are stuck on Hutta telling the Keeper to f*** off when he is giving you the first mission.

I am not found of Jedi either but when I played Knight and JC I adapted to their mentality otherwise the whole experience would feel stupid and pointless. A Jedi who despise the Jedi and at the same time follows orders given by the Jedi makes no sense. Same applies for IA.
I find it fun to play my agent like that. I mean undermining the authorities, doing the exact opposite thing that I was asked and generally speaking, being a loose cannon. Kaliyo just fits perfectly for me.

I've figured, that my agent has become disillusioned to Empire and is considering a future as a smuggler or bounty hunter.

Can't really see any problem story wise.

BrianDavion
01.22.2013 , 12:00 AM | #54
re people on ships you guys realize you can clear your ship of companions by typing /dismiss right?

Aries_cz
01.22.2013 , 05:28 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
Its also pretty silly how we get her. I mean we've known her for the best part of 5 minutes and Imperial Intelligence are suddenly all like "Hey I just met you, and this is crazy....but join our top secret Agency which totally no one should know about but for whatever reason were going to trust a psychopathic anarachist like you aboard, and make you well aware of our top secret objectives and dossier" I mean really??
Actually, everyone in the Empire knows what the Intelligence is, and they know to fear them. It is sort of like KGB in USSR, the secret state police with basically unlimited authorization to make enemies of the Empire "disappear".

I think I might give Kaliyo a a bit more chance on my next Agent playthrough, as I found Temple to be a bit crazy with her "all-hail-our-Sith-overlords" views.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Celesten
01.22.2013 , 06:30 AM | #56
Only one that really rubbed me the wrong way was "Dr Mengele" Lokin.

I didnt like "Patricide" Temple and Jaesa much either.
Skadge was just dumb and rude, but not that annoying.

Vette, Kaliyo, Gault were hilarious! So many good laughs with them.

My favorites are the adorable Blizz and Scorpio!
I wish I could have married that robot, sexiest voice in the game, lol

Shoge
01.22.2013 , 07:15 AM | #57
I loved Kaliyo as well, awesome companion. Liked all the agent characters, they're all a little crazy.

The smuggler companions are okay as well. I can see that someone thinks Corso/Bowdaar might be a little boring but I like them. The smuggler has the most awesome companion of all, in Guss Tuno. I think Akavi might be the companion I've liked the least, she didn't really fit in on my smuggler operation.

Path-x
01.22.2013 , 11:42 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Calimero View Post
I find it fun to play my agent like that. I mean undermining the authorities, doing the exact opposite thing that I was asked and generally speaking, being a loose cannon. Kaliyo just fits perfectly for me.

I've figured, that my agent has become disillusioned to Empire and is considering a future as a smuggler or bounty hunter.

Can't really see any problem story wise.
It might be fun from individual gameplay perspective but it just does not make sense story-wise. No matter how hard you try to do the "opposite thing that you are asked", if you wish to progress the storyline you first have accept and then complete the missions your imperial superiors are giving you. One does not risk his/her neck to perform highly dangerous missions for the fun of it. Especially when doing it for the benefit of someone or something he/she opposes. Better off being bounty hunter or smuggler from the beginning and at least do the missions for the personal gain.

Okay if the character gets disillusioned with Empire at the end of the storyline and then quits that is fine. But opposing Empire from the start and doing countless of missions for them before quitting is ridiculous and plain stupid.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

darklordpotter
01.22.2013 , 12:10 PM | #59
IA) Kaliyo - your whole job is to hunt threats to the Empire and eliminate them why is someone selling information still on my ship rather than a hole in the ground? I found Temple a bit disturbing but at least she's loyal to the Empire so I can live with her I just tend to leave her monitoring comms.

SI) Xalek - does he actually do anything other than be a bad knock off of Khem? I'd much prefer to get
Spoiler
on Belsavis given what the class quest there involves.

SW) Broonmark - much like Xalek I just can't see the point in him. Quinn of course for the usual reasons

BH) Skadge - just go die in a fire you sadist. He's not even competent in his introductory cutscenes!

JK) Rusk - There's get the job done and there's being incompetent guess which you are.

happysister
01.22.2013 , 06:04 PM | #60
i kinda cringed a bit when Kaliyo joined my IA. i was really mad when i had to take Gault and Skadge as my companions. i'm starting to warm up to Gault a bit, but Skadge? no. Rusk and Iresso also seemed a bit out of place on my Jedi. Broonmark made absolutely no sense to me.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire