Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pooks
01.03.2013 , 01:23 PM | #331
#1 issue should be free or inexpensive character transfers.

We need to be able to play where we want. Many of us were caught by your server population mismanagement (ie: The Fatman as an example).

Please expedite this. And allow us to transfer from pve to pvp or pvp to pve or to a different time zone.
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

lordtwig
01.03.2013 , 01:32 PM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
#1 issue should be free or inexpensive character transfers.

We need to be able to play where we want. Many of us were caught by your server population mismanagement (ie: The Fatman as an example).

Please expedite this. And allow us to transfer from pve to pvp or pvp to pve or to a different time zone.
I keep seeing people ask for things that has been stated that they will be getting. Case in point:

Quote:
Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.
I want to transfer some characters from a West Coast RP server to an East Coast PVE server. So I hope the transfers will allow that (and aren't TOO expensive).

Draylo_Cral
01.03.2013 , 01:37 PM | #333
Where is a bug sweep on that list? How about you fix the current issues before adding new ones?
Draylo Cral - Hired Gun

VLAHD
01.03.2013 , 01:49 PM | #334
Are your next updates going to address the sad state of affairs in pvp? like bubble poppers, smash monkies, premades ruining pug wzs, est? If not, you really dont understand what the pvp crowds are complaining about. Roll a lvl 50 toon and play a bit and you will see.
Vlahd
If you see me running, you had better catch up !!!

Shoogli
01.03.2013 , 01:55 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Unless the artist (whose job should be designing the armor/scenery etc.) is also directly coding that information, no, that's an issue with the coding and how the helm interacts with its surroundings.
Eeeeer no, not at all. Clipping is an issue that relates most of the time with how the character is animated and how the influences are "painted" on the mesh, that is the weights that the bone structure has an how it applies it to the mesh, and how hard it applies it : and this is tipically an art issue.

Most of the time it's a rigging issue, sometimes it's an animation issue, sometimes a mesh issue, and yes sometimes the coding of the physics can make stuff clip BUT this is because the art department made a mistake somewhere and didn't test properly.

That said, I do think the art department is doing a very good job all accross the board, the only thing i'm bothered with is the management that don't give them enough time allowance to fix those UNLESS it's for a cartel item model...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Twolightsabers
01.03.2013 , 01:55 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Devinia-Hex View Post
Class Balance is a big issue and should be at the forefront as we Sorceror's have been nerfed since 1.2 our damage is a joke and we have to spec into cc that other classes get baseline, we need a fix. If you intend to make these changes in the expansion to fix those like the Inquisitor/Sage then please let us know as I'm sure it would go a long way with keeping sub's
New content levels and everything else is great.
Roflmfao, are you seriously complaining that sorcs are UNDERPOWERED? For real? You have the most cc of any class, the most ***-savers on the lowest cds, oh and bubble spec (the most op thing in pvp now). Hiding behind a wall of melee spamming lightning and then running is hard I hear... Seriously not trying to insult or troll you, but if you think sorcs need a buff of any kind you're delusional.

Now faceroll jugg/guardian smash spec and pyrotech pwrtcs need balancing, that I'll agree with.

anakedcowboy
01.03.2013 , 01:56 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by lordtwig View Post
I keep seeing people ask for things that has been stated that they will be getting. Case in point:
They have claimed to be working on character transfers for 9 months now. It is now going to be in the second half of 2013 based on that letter. Theoretically, yes, they're probably coming at some point, but the issue is priority. The list of things they've been "working on" since the guild summit is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. That doesn't mean we should stop asking.

The squeaky wheel and all - why do you think he had to address SGRs?

VLAHD
01.03.2013 , 02:03 PM | #338
Quote:
Class Balance is a big issue and should be at the forefront as we Sorceror's have been nerfed since 1.2 our damage is a joke and we have to spec into cc that other classes get baseline, we need a fix. If you intend to make these changes in the expansion to fix those like the Inquisitor/Sage then please let us know as I'm sure it would go a long way with keeping sub's
New content levels and everything else is great.
I think this may be the funniest thing i have ever read on the boards...Thankyou for the laugh.
Vlahd
If you see me running, you had better catch up !!!

Caon
01.03.2013 , 02:14 PM | #339
Well it's good to see the SGR people are getting some attention. They've only been asking for the option since beta.

I have to agree with the lack of class updates though. It's a killer. My character is basically in limbo right now. If you are never going to expand the class stories could you at least let us redo them.

JediKnightLeneer
01.03.2013 , 02:51 PM | #340
Please, please, please Bioware, Lucasarts, and EA do not allow SGR in Star Wars The Old Republic. It will ruin the game and make a lot of people leave it. I'm only suggesting my opinion because I love this game so much and I don't want to see it go down the drain. As a subscriber, I'm asking all of you to change your mind. Star Wars is a family based story with nothing to do with SGR.