Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.02.2013 , 12:40 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Read SWTOR Executive Producer Jeff Hickman's latest State of the Game update here:

READ MORE
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Glzmo
01.02.2013 , 12:51 PM | #2
All I wanted to hear was that chat bubbles for spatial chat are actively being worked on coming in the next month or two. Yet no mention of them whatsoever. Very disappointing, Hickman!

By the way, the discuss this article link on the blog isn't working.

darthgroond
01.02.2013 , 12:51 PM | #3
Good stuff.
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel

irishfino
01.02.2013 , 12:52 PM | #4
Quote:
Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!

...continue.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

SithVeritas
01.02.2013 , 12:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
All I wanted to hear was that chat bubbles for spatial chat are actively being worked on coming in the next month or two. Yet no mention of them whatsoever. Very disappointing, Hickman!

By the way, the discuss this article link on the blog isn't working.
Yeah. He left out one minor feature but talked about a dozen major ones, and addressed SGRAs, which is a huge deal to some people. You have every right and reason to be disappointed. /sarcasm

On a more serious note, sounds great BioWare. I'm looking forward to it.

AlrikFassbauer
01.02.2013 , 12:56 PM | #6
Thank you for this update, but personally, I would have preferred any definitive statement regrding the fixing of bugs.

Each time I see a new update, I do not see many fixed bugs in the list.

And that bugs me (pun intended ).

Edit : What does SGR mean ?

Mavery
01.02.2013 , 12:56 PM | #7
Good blog.

It would be nice to see more concrete details on what's coming for elder game (instead of more stuff omg!). But this is a nice start.

DarkkChaos
01.02.2013 , 12:57 PM | #8
Sounds good! Looking forward too the updates...hopefully fixing a few annoying bugs too...

II
II
II
II
V
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Korusus
01.02.2013 , 12:58 PM | #9
Once again Hickman ignores the question of future class story content.

"I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character."

That sentence makes no sense and can only be logically interpreted in one way -- no SGR companion romances. Which makes sense, because that would involve investing in voice actor talent and producing future class story content and we all kind of get that that won't be happening.

(Fine for me, my sub is already lapsed anyway... no class/companion story = no sub)

Wrthlessnoob
01.02.2013 , 12:59 PM | #10
Interesting...but come on people, what's more important? Fixing bugs and adding new and exciting content or having the option of SGR. This should not be a high priority at all, hell I would even rather have them focus on "chat bubbles" and "hood toggle" both of which would not affect me much, but would be better for the game itself.

I understand this is something that was "promised" but why do we even need it in this game? Go play Mass effect if you want that, I don't think it belongs in Star Wars.
Jedi Covenant
Bedin, Auf, Csillian, Genericjeditwat, Ex-imperial
Exacerbated, Genericsithtwat, Mandomerc, Erg, Sub-rosa