Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding class-missions...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Regarding class-missions...

redfurry
01.04.2013 , 11:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Oliver_Filo View Post
Now I'm usually a pretty DS-kinda guy, but on this specific mission, in the beginning of the whole thing, there was given a choice of 2 neutral answers and 1 which gave you light-sidepoints. Now, I was going to pick the lightsidepoints against my usual habits and use Force Persuasion to get these four Siths' to leave without a fight, which would've probably saved me one helluva' fight, and one angry Darth who didn't much appreciate me killing his men when we agreed on a show-fight...(sent me threatening e-mail later on, the sniveling banthaburp...)
I think I know what mission you mean.
Spoiler

I did want to take a full DS path, but I struggled with this particular decision... until they said something really rude. That was how I justified myself for killing them.

Oliver_Filo
01.04.2013 , 10:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by redfurry View Post
I think I know what mission you mean.
Spoiler

I did want to take a full DS path, but I struggled with this particular decision... until they said something really rude. That was how I justified myself for killing them.
You're spot on with your "educated guess"...
Spoiler

So all in all, I felt the whole mission just couldnt've possibly went ANY worse, as I got both LS and DS-points but for all the wrong answers and reasons, and acted in a way which was totally against my forethought of how it was to be, but I'm getting over it now... Funny though how important this little episode became to me, like it was something that REALLY happened, in my RL. I even asked Tech support is there any way to go back on a Class-mission... And no, there is not.
May the Force be with You,
Oliver

redfurry
01.05.2013 , 06:39 AM | #13
Heh, I totally know what you mean.
For all the criticism the game gets, I think it's a testament to how good it is that we get so emotionally invested in the mission choices.

Memo-
01.05.2013 , 08:26 AM | #14
As Draloch said - you can reset most class missions from the mission log. If you havent "turned in" the quest yet (no reward-window) you should be able to reset it to it's starting point, which would be right after the last rewards you received.
Sakkó | Faris | Maliris | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Bas'so | Väli | Rai'chu | Jauhe
Delarah | Stilva | Luccia | Ethawn<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Baritoni | Weimar | Altto
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

DarthMat
01.05.2013 , 09:53 AM | #15
I have played that class quest both ways and there weren't any real repercussions later on that I can remember.

Kerensk
01.05.2013 , 12:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by redfurry View Post
Heh, I totally know what you mean.
For all the criticism the game gets, I think it's a testament to how good it is that we get so emotionally invested in the mission choices.
So true.
I hate when on my smuggler I choose a response that looks like it will be a snide sarcastic comment in charater with how I play him, but then it turns out to have been the sincere option and almost groveling.
ESC! Even through no points or consequences were on the line my guy does not sound like some whipped dog when the man is criticising him!
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

Oliver_Filo
01.05.2013 , 01:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
So true.
I hate when on my smuggler I choose a response that looks like it will be a snide sarcastic comment in charater with how I play him, but then it turns out to have been the sincere option and almost groveling.
ESC! Even through no points or consequences were on the line my guy does not sound like some whipped dog when the man is criticising him!
My feelings exactly! Nevermind the points and whatnot, but my Sith Pureblood-Sorcerer doesn't beg for mercy or apologize with a tail between his legs, we are talking about - after all- one of the most strongest Force-wielders in generations.Or so I'm told... One must act accordingly... ;-) I usually am also pretty quick with the ESC-option, even in conversations like briefings where nothing dramatic happens - usually... But I like to act the part. And when something goes sideways like the aforementioned fiasco, where I got so stupified by the events that the chance to play the ESC-card had come and gone. And I was deeply depressed about it for like two days! Then kinda' decided "Hey! Snap out of it, it is a GAME, supposed to have FUN, remember...?" And though the lag is at times horrible even with min specs (my laptop ain't no powerhouse neither, so...) and people disappear from the screen spontaneusly, this game still has it hooks deep in me! If I miss one day not doing something SWTOR-related, I'm starting almost to go into withdrawal! Gotta play the next day AT THE LATEST! X-D

Peace, Love, and Harmony to the Galaxy (whether it be the Sith or the Jedi-vision),
Oliver

DemonicPenguin
01.06.2013 , 11:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Although I don't recommend running up behind innocent Jawas and stabbing them in the back. They let out this heartbreaking scream that really makes me feel guilty. By the time I had done to more than 50 of them, I was crying because I felt so sorry for them.
*In the vain of the 3rd world boy meme*

Wait, you're telling me you can stab jawas in the back?

Coinspinner
01.06.2013 , 06:32 PM | #19
I've done the same thing before & it's a bit annoying at first. The nice part is, there is so much story that in time, you'll forget about this minor piece of the puzzle & be focused on the task & story at hand.

Good luck, mate.
Serenity Consular