Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding class-missions...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Regarding class-missions...

Oliver_Filo
01.02.2013 , 12:32 PM | #1
I'm a total newbie on this MMORPG, or RP in general...I was waiting for a Knights of The Old Republic III, not that I don't like and even learned to love this game. BUT, the one big problem for me is the fact you can't save, because I've never even played any given games' Multiplayer, only the single player campaigns.
In other words, I'm used to saving and loading when something goes horribly wrong. And now it did...
Well now I'm in a world where every choice can be critical, and though at first I was cool with it, made a mistake here and there, no problem, but now...I feel like tossing the laptop outta the window! I bungled up during my class mission by PRESSING THE WRONG BUTTON in discussion, which gave the EXACT OPPOSITE answer I wanted to give!!!! And an important mission, in my eyes, at least...
And I was somehow so surprised and gobsmacked about it I didn't have time to press ESC to end the discussion and try again. Now I have a situation where I have pissed off some powerful NPC's off, which I didn't want to do, also pissed off (to say the least) an companion of mine, which I didn't want to, and basically bungled the whole mission from my point of view. , which I didn't want to, and got into one hell of a fight, which I didn't want to. (On this particular occasion...)
And since it affects the future, I know it will, I have a situation where I have a (recent) past, present, and future I DIDN'T WANT!
Now, here's the crirtical question I believe I already know the answer to, but here goes: is ther ANY WAY in existence to somehow re-do a class mission? I mean all-over, the whole thing, or part of it, or anything? Like I said I think I know the answer, but...
I'm level 33, I really wouldn't want to ditch the character and start the whole game from the start as essentially the same character just to save this one BIG f***-up...
Oh, woe is me...

LostInReverie
01.02.2013 , 12:41 PM | #2
I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is any way to redo a class mission once you're done. The only option you would have had would have been to ESC while still in the convo, but unfortunately that's no longer an option.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / Drusīlla

JacksonMo
01.02.2013 , 12:43 PM | #3
In any cut scene, you can end the conversation and start over by pressing "Esc".
Other than that, don't panic! I've leveled 5 characters to 50 and I've yet to see a wrong choice have lasting effects. (ie: loss of a companion)
If you make a mistake along the way, just say "oops" and roll on.

JacksonMo
01.02.2013 , 12:45 PM | #4
Oh, and annoying your companions is easy to fix with gifts.

Adric_the_Red
01.02.2013 , 02:31 PM | #5
Also, if your choice gave you DS points when you are trying to be LS, or vice versa, you can easily get enough of the appropriate points to offset it.

Kerensk
01.02.2013 , 03:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Oh, and annoying your companions is easy to fix with gifts.
This.
Companion affection is really just a numeric value, if you pissed them off just give them some gifts and pretend it didn't happen. And as much freedom as you think you have there isn't a lot of bad decision you can make that will follow you for the rest of the game.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

FlippinFlapJack
01.03.2013 , 12:34 PM | #7
As everyone else has pointed out, this is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You can be a smart mouth, lying, thieving, sociopathic Jedi or a caring, compassionate, altruistic Sith and the story will progress exactly the same.

Don't worry about your companions, they aren't going anywhere. They are with you until the end weather you like it or not. The affection score will open up conversations which can grant you XP and if you complete all quests and conversations for a particular companion, you get a +10 presence bonus for all characters in your legacy. If you do something they don't like, get them a present and all will be healed.

So you started a fight with an NPC and killed him/her/it. The story will respond "you did what you had to do" or "don't do that again" and then move on.

You're fine, buddy.

Although I don't recommend running up behind innocent Jawas and stabbing them in the back. They let out this heartbreaking scream that really makes me feel guilty. By the time I had done to more than 50 of them, I was crying because I felt so sorry for them.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Oliver_Filo
01.03.2013 , 07:36 PM | #8
Thanks to all replies, and I am starting to relax about the whole thing, though it does still piss me off, but I guess I'll be doing it again on a different char sometime in the (far?) future, and then I'll see if my initial plan would've worked the way I planned. Oh, and BTW, there was an DS/LS-points issue, too, but I guess I can live with 150 LS points. (Obviously, this char is a Sith), but what relly bugs me are not the points themselves per se, but the way I got'em, which was totally dumb and pointless. Now I'm usually a pretty DS-kinda guy, but on this specific mission, in the beginning of the whole thing, there was given a choice of 2 neutral answers and 1 which gave you light-sidepoints. Now, I was going to pick the lightsidepoints against my usual habits and use Force Persuasion to get these four Siths' to leave without a fight, which would've probably saved me one helluva' fight, and one angry Darth who didn't much appreciate me killing his men when we agreed on a show-fight...(sent me threatening e-mail later on, the sniveling banthaburp...) But then the s*** hit the fan, I pressed the wrong button, panicked, didn't have time to hit ESC,(like I thought I mentioned on my first post) got into a fight, and there on out there was little left to do, the storyline started to roll on the course I accidentally set it. But then, in the very end, there came a chance - once confonted by two Jedi-masters - again, for two neutral answers and one that gave LS-points. I chose the LS-points in THIS conversation in hopes of A: a last ditch attempt to fix what went wrong, and B: to get me out of a fight with the strong two Jedi-Masters. None of which worked, of course it was too little, too late, and I had to fight them and fight them and fight them, then ask for help and fight them and win. So basically I got into a fight i didn't want to, twice, and got useless if not even a tiny bit harmful LS-points for nothing, since the Jedi attacked me anyway. Can't much blame them, though, based on what I did earlier. I'd like to elaborate, but I don't want to be a spoiler. Well, I'll take the hits and roll on... like I really got a choice, right? But thanks again to all answers and cheer-ups and support, this game does have an amazing community. Not that I have ANY experience of other games of this variety, but on a galaxy far, far away, things seem to roll pretty well. May the Force be with You all. Catch ya later.

Lodril
01.03.2013 , 09:06 PM | #9
The speech cues are annoyingly opaque. You get to choose what your character will say, but don't get to know what the choice actually is until you've made it. They may as well make it random given how misleading some of the cues are.

The ESC key is the only solution to this problem at the moment. I've submitted suggestions to the suggestion box asking they at least give us some way to see the actual script for the dialog we're about to choose, but so far all they've given us are LS/DS clues, which doesn't cover weirdly patriotic pronouncements, or suddenly jarring rudeness. At this point, I just hover over ESC and restart the conversation every time my character starts spouting something crazy that is not what I would have selected given a better cue.

Draloch
01.03.2013 , 11:00 PM | #10
You can't abandon class missions, but you can often reset them. Do do this, you open up the mission window and bring up the window for that mission. There's a button on the bottom to reset the mission.

There are some hidden save points as you do a class mission and the reset button will roll back your mission progress to a certain point. If you complete an encounter that gets you to a new save point, then you can't reset your mission to before that point though.

If you find yourself in a fight with a guy that you wanted to try to avoid, your best chance is to let him kill you, then zone out of that phased area and try to reset the mission. There's a good chance it will reset the entire phase to the very start and you'll get another chance at the conversation.

Of course, this is probably too late, but you may be able to put the information to use in the future. Sorry you got onto a path you didn't want to be on. It may slightly alter your ending, but the main light side/dark side path of your class story won't be affected just by 1 decision in act 1 or 2.