Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP [Rep] is Dead


DarthNofu's Avatar


DarthNofu
01.02.2013 , 12:14 AM | #1
You know, I have been on The Ebon Hawk since the game first came out. I joined with a guild and then went on a 6 month hiatus. When I was first in SWTOR, everyone communicated. Everyone tried to win, knowing that winning granted you more XP, Valor, and Comms. Plus people liked to win. I played both Republic and Empire.

Now I come back. It is 1.6. The Empire still has some good PvP teams. People are shouting and hollering strategy and incoming battles. It reminds me of the old times. I then come back to the Republic side. Words cannot express the idiocracy, arrogance, and lack of respect the PvP aspect on this side has become.

First off, I cannot count the amount of times players who are lvl 40+ are not even trying to do the objective, which in turn gives you Medals which equal more commendations. They are just walking around, standing still in fights, and telling me to get over it and the best of all: "Who cares." When did The Ebon Hawk become so disrespectful? I also get a lot of people telling me that they only do PvP for farming of Comms for other things and that once they get what they want, they won't go near PvP. They also tell me that The Ebon Hawk is a RP-PvE server and that I should go to a PvP server if I care so much... Personally, when I quest, I don't want to be ganked. If I want PvP, I also want structure. Which is what a warzone gives me. In case I go on a rant, here is where that logic is completely illogical:

The server type does not have any influence on a warzone. The server type only applies to the open world. Normally, when I quest I am in a very lax mood or are trying to complete a story arc I am interested in. I do not want to be jumped, ganked, or leveled unexpectedly while doing so, just like most people on the server. However, I do not hate competing against other players. Warzones are the exact same per server and are there for others to test their mettle against each other. PvE or PvP, your attitude to open world fighting does not belong in Warzones.

And no, don't even start on how I should do Ranked. Ranked PvP is for 2.5% of all eligible character levels. Your logic is that if I want competition, I need to do Ranked, because that means something and unranked is not a competitive arena( Wat.)... No. PvP is competitive if it is unranked or not. You have an objective; complete it.

I understand people have their own playstyle. No one wants to be told how to play a game that they bought. But I never in my mind would want to go into a HM Op with greens because 1) I would be ravaged and severely detrimental to my task. 2) My team would be very upset and would want me removed. I am not taking their Op seriously and need to min/max better and become more familiar with the Op. Out of respect, I would go and learn more before I ruin their fun as well.

Sounds like us WZ to me.

I will deal with the honest lack of respect and dignity from half of this PvP community, but once I get the chance, I am transferring servers. I know some of you say good riddance. Yeah, I guess so.

Xienive's Avatar


Xienive
01.02.2013 , 12:31 AM | #2
I must ask when I see 40+, have you been in lvl 50 WZ's since your return much?
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

NadirPalo's Avatar


NadirPalo
01.02.2013 , 12:32 AM | #3
Your concerns are all valid. But I can guarantee you, its an issue on both sides and both brackets.
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- NadÝr marauder -- JÚnny operative -- BŃd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian

DarthNofu's Avatar


DarthNofu
01.02.2013 , 12:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
I must ask when I see 40+, have you been in lvl 50 WZ's since your return much?
My time in 50 WZ has nothing to do with the matter. If it was the only thing needed to make my points valid, then you need to realize that there is also a second warzone for 10-49. For Alts... which you know... I use...

I mean just now, we got 3 capped on Alderaan for 50% of the match. No one was communicating properly, and the guy defending the turret never yelling incoming or payed attention to a stealth cap. It doesn't help that at the end he tells us we can still win if we 3 cap, but when we inform him we can barely hold one, we won't 3 cap, he proceeds to start saying horrible things to others.

Of course, he will be allowed to do so because the Developers left us a long, long time ago.

Xienive's Avatar


Xienive
01.02.2013 , 12:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNofu View Post
My time in 50 WZ has nothing to do with the matter. If it was the only thing needed to make my points valid, then you need to realize that there is also a second warzone for 10-49. For Alts... which you know... I use...

I mean just now, we got 3 capped on Alderaan for 50% of the match. No one was communicating properly, and the guy defending the turret never yelling incoming or payed attention to a stealth cap. It doesn't help that at the end he tells us we can still win if we 3 cap, but when we inform him we can barely hold one, we won't 3 cap, he proceeds to start saying horrible things to others.

Of course, he will be allowed to do so because the Developers left us a long, long time ago.
Yeah it has something to do with the matter. You see typically, when in a 10-49 bracket you will find many new players and people learning about the game, how it works and how to play it. This is especially true since the launch of Free to play.

I play in both brackets (both factions in lower brackets) every single day and every issue happens on both sides, I promise. Also I asked about brackets because Republic PVP is really far from dead at lvl 50. In fact there are more competetive PVP guilds and more competetive players and more premades on Republic.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

DarthNofu's Avatar


DarthNofu
01.02.2013 , 12:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Yeah it has something to do with the matter. You see typically, when in a 10-49 bracket you will find many new players and people learning about the game, how it works and how to play it. This is especially true since the launch of Free to play.

I play in both brackets (both factions in lower brackets) every single day and every issue happens on both sides, I promise. Also I asked about brackets because Republic PVP is really far from dead at lvl 50. In fact there are more competetive PVP guilds and more competetive players and more premades on Republic.
Well I can see your point, but hopefully a lvl 45 knows how to do combat somewhat and doesn't have the attitude I described. I have played 50 on the Empire, which like I stated, I believed was fine. I could be wrong like someone else said. But I have only started building my Republic side so no 50's yet. I guess I have something to look forward to, no?

However, if the thread about people going in with no expertise is true and as bad as he says, I could just be sorely mistaken and expect the same things.

Xienive's Avatar


Xienive
01.02.2013 , 12:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNofu View Post
Well I can see your point, but hopefully a lvl 45 knows how to do combat somewhat and doesn't have the attitude I described. I have played 50 on the Empire, which like I stated, I believed was fine. I could be wrong like someone else said. But I have only started building my Republic side so no 50's yet. I guess I have something to look forward to, no?

However, if the thread about people going in with no expertise is true and as bad as he says, I could just be sorely mistaken and expect the same things.
Honestly it happens pretty much no matter what faction or bracket you are in. Sometimes when all the same people are que'ing you will get on either a really bad losing streak or a great winning streak.

As far as the expertise, you do see it occasionally...even when the gear is free. I guess the old saying applies that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

DarthNofu's Avatar


DarthNofu
01.02.2013 , 12:58 AM | #8
I might just be stuck in the old ways. Too much disrespect of other players and "Trolling" is now so much fun for some, its not even annoying, its just lame.

silvershadows's Avatar


silvershadows
01.02.2013 , 11:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNofu View Post
I might just be stuck in the old ways. Too much disrespect of other players and "Trolling" is now so much fun for some, its not even annoying, its just lame.

Just ignore everyone else. The only person's performance you should be concerned with is your own. If the other people who've been forced upon you as part of your 'team' don't want to play for the objectives, screw 'em. You do what YOU do and then YOU know YOU were doing right. That's all that matters.

It'll be different at 50, trust me - Republic tends to do far better, even though the problems you mention continue on both sides, Republic and Empire both. Sometimes you just can't help it, and sometimes you beat Guerilla premades in a pug
IllusiaApocalypsaAraidia
The Cadera Legacy
Project Mayhem

ML_DoubleTap's Avatar


ML_DoubleTap
01.02.2013 , 11:28 AM | #10
I play both sides regularly as well and I'd say I run up against stronger Imp groups than Pub groups for the most part. I get my weekly done on my Imp much quicker than my Pub toons generally. Usually can get Imp side done in a day w/ 15 games or less..pub side can take a few days and several more games on my pub toons. Although, I almost exclusively solo queue which is probably part of my problem. Sub 50 is generally a complete crapshoot on what you get matched up with...but, in sub 50 one or two players can win a match a lot easier than they can at lvl 50.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills