Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel coin + Expansion error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cartel coin + Expansion error
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jarshr
01.01.2013 , 11:56 PM | #1
I just wanted to say that I and a lot of other people have been getting this error when trying to buy the expansion or cartel coins "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0} "

the weird thing is I never get to input my credit card choice, it simply skips step 2 after clicking which cartel or pre-order option i want and goes right to this error, i have never seen it before so i reported it to Customer service over the phone but have heard nothing back i just want confirmation that it is been worked on ASAP as I want to pre order and buy coins but I cant!

CaliVenom
01.02.2013 , 12:00 AM | #2
got the error too, started a few days ago.... annoying.

KippleMaster
01.02.2013 , 04:24 AM | #3
Add me to the list. Experiencing this exact issue. I can change my subscription length with no problems at all. But if I try and buy Cartel Coins or the Expansion I get the error message.

I have a CC and a PayPal account in my profile but I don't get to choose my payment method. Even if direct CC charging by EA is blocked by a bank, PayPal should work fine.

Theeko
01.02.2013 , 04:26 AM | #4
Having nearly the same problem as well, except mines a bit different not sure, but it says Cannot load this card please use a different one. Tried mine, moms, and my brothers card not working for all 3 and I really would like to get the expansion before the 7th, I really do hope they can get this fixed cause my friends already bought theirs somehow and im Sol for now.

Death-Bane
01.02.2013 , 06:22 AM | #5
Yeah same error for me when i try to buy cartel coins "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0} "

lollie
01.02.2013 , 06:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jarshr View Post
I just wanted to say that I and a lot of other people have been getting this error when trying to buy the expansion or cartel coins "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0} "

the weird thing is I never get to input my credit card choice, it simply skips step 2 after clicking which cartel or pre-order option i want and goes right to this error, i have never seen it before so i reported it to Customer service over the phone but have heard nothing back i just want confirmation that it is been worked on ASAP as I want to pre order and buy coins but I cant!

Ahh you're right - it skips step 2 (Payment Options) and goes straight to step 3 (Verify and Complete). This must be why it's giving us the error. Nice catch.

Yeah this is happening to me as well.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

Angry_luxon
01.02.2013 , 06:33 AM | #7
im still gettin this...........An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0}
When are they going to fix this so i can buy expansion and more cartel coins?

lollie
01.02.2013 , 06:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_luxon View Post
When are they going to fix this so i can buy expansion and more cartel coins?
Dunno, but OP noticing how it skips step 2 might speed the process up a bit. This might be just a website error and not all our accounts getting frozen and whatnot.

jarshr
01.02.2013 , 06:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Dunno, but OP noticing how it skips step 2 might speed the process up a bit. This might be just a website error and not all our accounts getting frozen and whatnot.
when i reported it last night, the customer service agent said he believed it was a new website scripting error and wouldn't take long to fix, still waiting tho with no info, so im a little worried.

lollie
01.02.2013 , 06:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jarshr View Post
when i reported it last night, the customer service agent said he believed it was a new website scripting error and wouldn't take long to fix, still waiting tho with no info, so im a little worried.
Well surely they want our money - can't see them taking too long to get some guy in to fix the website when they're losing money every hour it's broken.

It's good you noticed this is skipping the Payment Options step. Now just have to hope some customer service guy actually tells that someone who can make decisions and get the ball rolling.