Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What part of the game matters most to you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What part of the game matters most to you?

Arkerus
01.02.2013 , 06:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
That's because the scenes themselves are live, thus low res (bandwidth considerations.) The avatar movements, their expressions and voiceovers are preprogrammed. But most camera angles while stationary are rolling in real time. Next time you play through (not skip through) a questgiver interaction in a crowded area look for other player characters moving around in the scene's background. Or simply look for your playing partner and their companion. That is the essence of voice animation as opposed to cutscenes which consist entirely of canned playback video. Pretty cool stuff.
A lot of people on this forum simplify and dumb down the enormous amount if work that went into this game. Now work doesn't always mean a great product but at least someone here understands all if this is not just cut and dry computer work.

Anyway...

My favorite part of the game is the small, PUG content. I wish we had more FPs.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Damask_Rose
01.02.2013 , 06:59 PM | #22
I'm another class stories - companion conversations person!
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z9xhHv

DorkTrooper
01.02.2013 , 07:04 PM | #23
Class stories/convos.

Ashlockheart
01.05.2013 , 07:07 PM | #24
For all of you posting what is most importen to you from the list. Thank you. And to those that didn't see space missions on the list. I'm sorry. I forgot about that. I will add that one to the list. And if you are wondering why I numbered them in that order. I wasn't really trying to number them. I was just trying to make the list easyer for people to post there comments. Like insted of type every thing out. People can just post the number of witch one they think is most importen to them.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

annabethchase
01.05.2013 , 07:17 PM | #25
class story, obviously
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

annabethchase
01.05.2013 , 07:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
Why do people always forget SPACE, this is Star Wars afterall. Arguably it is the part of the game in most need of some serious attention. I don't want it to be a mini-game it should be a fully integrated part of the story and quests.
Also full 3D PvP space warzones would be great fun.
Star wars has always been about the class missions first. That was what the movies were, with space being a mini-game. Space was never central to Star wars, it's simply the background.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

xorcist
01.05.2013 , 07:37 PM | #27
I would have to say class story.

However there are others I find almost equally important such as the look of my character and character creation.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Esproc
01.05.2013 , 07:46 PM | #28
1) and 6) being most important to me.

3) and 2) next.

7) for a little diversion.

5) meh.

4) I don't care a whit.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!