Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What part of the game matters most to you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What part of the game matters most to you?

Ashlockheart
01.01.2013 , 11:52 PM | #1
1. Class story?

2. Planet Missions?

3. Flash points?

4. Pvp Missions?

5. Over all look of gear, and invirerment?

6. Companion conversions, storys, and Missions?

7. Space Missions?

Every thing else is pritty much going to stay in the game as time moves on, but what I put above with each one take alot of work and time. I want to know witch one out of the 7 matters most to each player. Keep it simple, and pick only one. I am interested to see what matters most to people.

Mine is class story out of every thing in the game.

GalacticKegger
01.02.2013 , 01:21 AM | #2
Probably the questgiving system: voice animations (they aren't cut scenes because you can see other player's live characters moving around in the scene's background) plus player decision interactions with the NPCs.
Peace out . . .

Bhemont
01.02.2013 , 01:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Probably the questgiving system: voice animations (they aren't cut scenes because you can see other player's live characters moving around in the scene's background) with player decision interactions with the NPCs.
Voice animation?
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

GalacticKegger
01.02.2013 , 01:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhemont View Post
Voice animation?
Yes ... voice-acted avatar animations.
Peace out . . .

Bhemont
01.02.2013 , 01:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Yes ... closeup voice-acted avatar animations.
Each to their own I guess, imo they are so ugly especially in closeup.
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

GalacticKegger
01.02.2013 , 01:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhemont View Post
Each to their own I guess, imo they are so ugly especially in closeup.
That's because the scenes themselves are live, thus low res (bandwidth considerations.) The avatar movements, their expressions and voiceovers are preprogrammed. But most camera angles while stationary are rolling in real time. Next time you play through (not skip through) a questgiver interaction in a crowded area look for other player characters moving around in the scene's background. Or simply look for your playing partner and their companion. That is the essence of voice animation as opposed to cutscenes which consist entirely of canned playback video. Pretty cool stuff.
Peace out . . .

Revanchis
01.02.2013 , 02:40 AM | #7
Companion conversations, stories, depth, etc.

The companion seem to have a lot less to them compared to say Mass Effect. Just by having a couple repeatable dialogue lines it would help with this. Like how when you were done talking to say Liara you could still talk to her and get her to talk about a few things she had already said.

ConradLionhart
01.02.2013 , 02:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashlockheart View Post
1. Class story?

2. Planet Missions?

3. Flash points?

4. Pvp Missions?

5. Over all look of gear, and invirerment?

Fornix
01.02.2013 , 02:55 AM | #9
Personally I'd say the following two are equally important, with a good tie-in to each other:

2. Planet Missions
3. Flash points

Currently many flashpoints feel to be a bit of a story on themselves, with little relation to the planetary missions. I'd like to see that change in a fashion where flashpoints and planetary missions have related stories. Essentially letting flashpoints be an extended heroic mission.

In a similar fashion, although not in your list, I believe operations should be handled as well. As as it stands, operations feel even further out of touch with the game world.

I believe a good integration of story in terms of planetary missions, flashpoints and operations is definitely something an MMO needs to help unify story, and make it feel less like a lobby based game with a singleplayer campaign on the side.
Member of <Helix>

Duck_of_Death
01.02.2013 , 03:11 AM | #10
Class story and Companion conversions, storys, Missions and outfits.
Everything else is " been there, done that".
Things BW should copy: dynamic events like rifts from Rifts and skirmishes from Lotro.
...und keine weiteren Fragen.