Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forget about new classes . . .

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Forget about new classes . . .

nocaps
12.31.2012 , 12:58 AM | #1
All "New Classes" threads eventually concede that getting new classes in the game is a pipe dream because of the monumental amount of work it would take to script and voice entirely new Class Stories, but there is still a chance to see new "classes" . . . Advanced Classes!

New Advanced Classes added to the current 8 classes wouldn't need new Class Stories, they'd go through the same ones the other 2 Advanced Classes share.

So, here's my ideas . . .

Jedi Avenger - a Double Bladed Sabre using Jedi Knight ... Medium Armor tank and dps trees.
Sith Destroyer - a Double Bladed Sabre using Sith Warrior ... Medium Armor tank and dps trees.
Jedi Archon - a Dual Wielding Jedi Consular ... Light Armor heal and dps trees.
Sith Harbinger - a Dual Wielding Sith Inquisitor ... Light Armor heal and dps trees.
Squad Leader - a pistol using Trooper ... Heavy Armor heal and dps trees.
Ranger - a rifle using Bounty Hunter ... Heavy Armor tank and dps trees.
Scout - a rifle using Smuggler ... Medium Armor tank and dps trees.
Fixer - a pistol using Imperial Agent ... Medium Armor heal and dps trees.

EDIT: my post isn't so much about actual new advanced class ideas so much as it's about "how do we get new classes introduced" . . . anyways made a couple tweaks to my ideas.

BrianEvol
12.31.2012 , 01:14 AM | #2
I approve of all these ideas. I'd love to see it happen. Good post.
The Virilius Legacy
Thraxx
Hyperspace Cannon/Early Access Veteran

Cleet_Xia
12.31.2012 , 01:20 AM | #3
<---MIND BLOWN

This is like the ..... the most intelligent thing I've seen on this forum ever.....

It's that simple.... They add new mechanics around the existing abilities using the AC class skills, the tech tree talents, & the new active abilities...

SWEEEEEET IDEA!!!

May I sugggest.......
Jedi Harbinger
Sith Avenger
Squad Leader - a pistol weilding Trooper with group buffing abilities.
Ranger - a autocannon using Bounty Hunter with various CC options.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Machine-Elf
12.31.2012 , 01:41 AM | #4
What would entice me to play another class is not a collection of new abilities and invisible stats, but the story.
New classes aren't a pipe-dream. Not quite yet at least. However, if we want to even dream of ever being able to see them, Bioware HAS to stop churning out additional content and start focusing on the existing one. That's why the post I have linked on my sig. is so brilliant, that guy understood this (among other things) about the game.

Aelther
12.31.2012 , 01:45 AM | #5
Well the idea's not bad, but I see some problems:
Naming:
Quote: Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
Jedi Avenger - a Double Bladed Sabre using Jedi Knight.
You could use it for a Sith maybe, but not for a Jedi. There is no "vengeance" in the Jedi Order
Ranger - a melee weapon using Bounty Hunter
If he's using melee weapons then how come he's a ranger?

Gameplay balancing:
Squad Leader - a melee weapon using Trooper with group buffing abilities.
Ranger - a melee weapon using Bounty Hunter with various CC options.
Don't buffs already affect everyone in the group?
Also trooper and bounty hunter are mirrors, so either they both are "group buffers" or they both are "ccers".

Alec_Fortescue
12.31.2012 , 04:58 AM | #6
No Makashi? Go away.

Want it for either warriors or sages I want to see a Dooku-like class which is utilizing Makashi and single lightsaber for melee combat.

AsheraII
12.31.2012 , 05:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
<---MIND BLOWN

This is like the ..... the most intelligent thing I've seen on this forum ever.....

It's that simple.... They add new mechanics around the existing abilities using the AC class skills, the tech tree talents, & the new active abilities...

SWEEEEEET IDEA!!!

May I sugggest.......
Jedi Harbinger
Sith Avenger
Squad Leader - a pistol weilding Trooper with group buffing abilities.
Ranger - a autocannon using Bounty Hunter with various CC options.
I'd actually suggest giving the Squad Leader a sniper rifle, which would make some sense, so he could be a few meters behind his troops giving orders and have a better overview of what's happening.
I'd like to see an Imperial autocannon user as well, so I agree on the Ranger.
These two weapons are simply too much under-used by players. It's even pointless for Armstechers to make them, unless they are of the specific class that uses them.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

kijthae
12.31.2012 , 06:47 AM | #8
Advaced classes now gives a unique feeling with every little detail from equipment they use ( light/medium armor , double bladed light saber ) to their shared skill tree use between 2 different concept ( madness assasin/sorc ). If they add one more advance class to each classes there is goning to be 1 more adv. class using a shared tree. Therefore they should prefer to create a brand new class with 2 brand new advanced class each.

Couver
12.31.2012 , 06:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
I'd actually suggest giving the Squad Leader a sniper rifle, which would make some sense, so he could be a few meters behind his troops giving orders and have a better overview of what's happening.
Squad leaders aren't commanders and are WITH their squad fighting. Using a sniper rifle (realistically) puts you more than just a few meters away. The only communication you'd have with your unit would be via comms.

I actually like the idea of a BH using an assault rifle. I can't stand the heavy armor and only pistol use.

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 06:58 AM | #10
Squad leader should have a scattergun primary.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!