Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions you NEVER use

AelixVII
12.30.2012 , 08:33 PM | #11
Trooper
Yuun
Tanno Vik

Smuggler
Akaavi Spar

Jedi Consular
Zenith
Iresso

Bounty Hunter
Skadge

Sith Warrior
Broonmark
Pierce

Imperial Agent

Ensign Raina Temple
Scorpio

jedimasterjac
12.30.2012 , 08:33 PM | #12
Skadge and Pierce.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

MouseNoFour
12.30.2012 , 09:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
I disagree.
Sorry little one. I created the thread, i am pretty sure i know when someone has missed the point of the thread.

If you cannot understand what was written in the first post - that is your own fault.

Alec_Fortescue
12.30.2012 , 09:48 PM | #14
I don't recall using Broonie on my Jugger... He's one useless bunch of fur. I am using Jaesa only because she's good lookin' and I am nearky best in slot... Otherwise - it's always a healer for my dps specs.

I am tellin' ya, every Warrior will claim that they've never used Broonmark!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

SithInitiate
12.30.2012 , 09:49 PM | #15
anyone that is not a healer.
McSidious: Gotta go with uno pistola for myself. Remember that Han Solo saved Lando, killed Boba Fett and escaped the sarlaac with only one pistol... and he was BLIND. Give a smuggler two pistols and eyesight and I'm fairly certain they would solo the Death Star while hitting on your sister and balancing the federal budget.. CE VIP

Aelther
12.30.2012 , 09:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
Every single companion that cannot heal.

i don't see the fuss about hk-51....he can't heal or tank. i guess i just play too many dps characters, /shrug
As a tank I love him. I only use dps companions. I would throw all my tank companions out the airlock if I could.

Andronicos
12.30.2012 , 10:07 PM | #17
Broonmark, I don't even bother to give him my hand-me-downs while on my Agent I think I only used Doctor Lokin once, but at least Lokin is good for conversation.
Darth Securos - Dark Lord of the Sith
Captain Galen Sunlighter - Just a simple man making his way on the galaxy
Agent Keldran Reus - "Corellian ale, shaken not stirred"

bahdasz
12.30.2012 , 10:10 PM | #18
Blizz- stupid character / makes annoying sounds / thankfully I don't need a tank
Skadge- stupid character / hate the personality / fugly as sin / thankfully I don't need a tank
Khem Val- Hate this character / looks like giant walking cow patty / thankfully I am a tank so I don't need him
Boonmark- stupid character
Lt Pierce- Never bothered gearing him, guess I don't need a tank
Bowdaar- Just don't like him / prefer Corso for tanking
Akaavi- Just annoys me

Favorites:
Gault- Personality / acting
Mako- Incredible solo healing
Vette- well, she's a blue twi'lek, how can you not like her?

SentinelDranoel
12.30.2012 , 10:12 PM | #19
Jedi Knight- The trooper companion, do not even know his name. Don't like Doc either, but I have used him.
Jedi Consular- Zenith, Theran, Iresso. Rather have all jedi companions.
Trooper- Elara. Why is she a smuggler like toon in trooper armor. She should use a rifle BTW.
Smuggler- Used them all, this is one of my favorite squads.
Sith Warrior- Broonmark, Quinn. Did not like Quinn from the start and even less after chapter 2.
Sith Inquisitor- Talos. Not a fan actually. He does fitthe story of my toon but not worthy to leave the ship.
Bounty Hunter- Gault, has not grown on me yet. Skadge is annoying.
Imperial Agent- have not finished this one yet.

Biggest complaints. We need Jedi healers BW, really lazy having all healers being smuggler types. Would not mine for some of the Aim melee companions to use guns instead. Tanno Vik being a big example. All my soldiers should use rifles.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Marb
12.30.2012 , 10:12 PM | #20
Pretty much any of the tank companions. The melee dps companions and the healer companions are the only ones worth using. The ranged dps companions have crappy aoe moves and worse damage, and the tanking companions are just hopeless at everything.

The easiest way to remedy this problem would be to let you set your companions move set. For example If I could set Blizz to a tech healer loadout (like Mako and Malavai) I would use him all the time. As long as the moves distinguish between the companion as a force or tech user, it wouldn't feel out of place or compromise the characters in any way. It would let you use the companion you felt like using purely because you like that companion.

Unfortunately Bioware feel differently and see the companions combat role as a part of the characters backstory and personality. I hope they change their mind on this at some point.
Harbinger