Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any hope for Mac Users?

jeremyacrawford
12.30.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
I'm aware of the ways around using a Mac to play SWTOR. But I was just wondering if there was any updated information about a potential OSX client for the game?

P.S. I don't need anyone telling me about Boot Camp and "whyd you get a mac to game?!" etc. I'm aware.

DubFanahtic
12.30.2012 , 08:08 PM | #2
I use boot camp to play on Mac and I'd rather it just stay that way. I'd rather have the developers actually fixing aspects of the game rather than prioritizing a new client. Following the trend lately, wouldn't be surprised if they said "Hey! Mac Users! The client costs 20 USD to buy! GO GO GO".
See you on The Harbinger!
Level 55 : Marauder / Juggernaut / Sorcerer / Assassin / Vanguard / Mercenary / Operative / Gunslinger

jeremyacrawford
12.30.2012 , 08:34 PM | #3
Yeah good point.. or 5000 CC or some BS

AboB
12.30.2012 , 09:03 PM | #4
Any hope for Mac users?
Sometimes I wonder that myself....

Sorry, it was a joke, and I just came from a humor site. I'll even leave quietly. It was just so perfectly set up...I'll just let myself out....

AndasKastor
12.30.2012 , 10:18 PM | #5
Personally I think Apple would have to buy EA

Danbuterx
12.30.2012 , 10:19 PM | #6
I recommend buying a real computer if you want to play games.

bahdasz
12.30.2012 , 10:27 PM | #7
You can hope someone sneaks into your house and leaves you a computer worth having.

jeremyacrawford
12.31.2012 , 09:44 AM | #8
Again, I have a gaming computer it's just not applicable to carry it with me... Leave your opinions out of this. I love my Mac and quite frankly all of your cynical comments don't affect me . So again, is there any new information regarding a Mac client or should i give up hope?

Polebreaker
12.31.2012 , 10:46 AM | #9
You've been given the answer, which is no, there is no new information.

As for hope, well, you bought a mac and want to game on it, so I have to assume you are full of hope...

Fornix
12.31.2012 , 10:56 AM | #10
I won't expect it anytime soon, as Mac isn't exactly DirectX compatible. So they'd be required to rewrite their rendering engine to support OpenGL, which isn't the easiest of tasks to do for a major project such as SWTOR. And considering as to how little the OS X userbase is for gaming thus far, it's quickly not worth the development effort.
Member of <Helix>