Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People are amazing

Gwence
12.31.2012 , 05:10 PM | #51
these nightmare stories are one of the best parts of this game heh

Gwence
12.31.2012 , 05:12 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
I thought Champs had the same ability as the bigger bosses... you know the one where incapacitating/stunning effects dont work? I know ive come across some before, so the "WAAAIIIIT" from the healer was proberbly them about to say they cant CC the champ, just a guess :-/
just a guess but if you look on top of the mobs avatar it tells you if they have boss immunity or not

L2P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dacentabaal
12.31.2012 , 06:59 PM | #53
who likes pie
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8
Apparently I'm a 'Dev Troll' and shouldn't be taken seriously on anything I say...

MillionsKNives
12.31.2012 , 07:06 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
Learn to play? urm... I play quite well thanks... and your only repeating what I said in MY post which was "I thought Champs had the same ability as the bigger bosses... you know the one where incapacitating/stunning effects dont work, I know ive come across some before" meaning I have checked the champs and they HAVE had the boss immunity before but not all of the champs do

LTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I thought Champs had the same ability as the bigger bosses", implies that you don't know about the icon on the buff bar that tells you that, and simply figure that it's a champion thing. "I know ive come across some before", is written as more of an afterthought than anything else, as though someone had let you know that a champion was able to be cc'd and you went "oh".

Your post does not read in a way that anyone could derive what you say it says.

LTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ansalem
12.31.2012 , 07:12 PM | #55
this is why I solo all the 4 man heroic daily quests...don't like dealing with tardos. Usually end up kicking folks from group and finishing with companion in HM fps too for my daily. I have low tolerance for stupid.

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 07:13 PM | #56
Doing Athiss. You know how it is with noob tanks.

We get to the Alchemical Beast or whatever (The giant lizard).
ON the first try, we are wiped by adds (My fault, which I apolagize for not killing the adds as a DPS)
Second, The tank cannot keep aggro, the lizard is aggroed by me (A Sentinel DPS) and knocks me over the ledge, where I aggro a group of Elites. Yet again, a wipe. But the tanks fault.
Two more times we wipe due to the tank not keeping aggro and being knocked over.
Finally, after a lengthy chat, he understands and we beat him-- easy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 07:21 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
this is why I solo all the 4 man heroic daily quests...don't like dealing with tardos. Usually end up kicking folks from group and finishing with companion in HM fps too for my daily. I have low tolerance for stupid.
Yeah. One time this noob tank was having trouble on HM BP so he left we cleared it with my Khem and then we let him back for the final convo so he could get credit. I may not be willing to put up with idiots but I'm overly generous
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Rothie
12.31.2012 , 08:31 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by mokkh View Post
Not really, don't know what games you've played but in ye olde days of Everquest, CC to a shdowknight also meant non-damage aggro abilities ("hate" spells). In its simplest terms, Crowd control is anything that controls the behavior of one or more NPCs. People may commonly use it to refer to a 60 sec duration stun nowadays, but given how many people misuse acronyms like PST I don't put much credence into modern usage.
In general, in an MMO setting the differences are:
CC: any ability that lasts longer than 15 seconds and removes a mob from activity (broken by damage).
Stun: any short term ability that removes a mob from activity (not broken by damage)
Mez: any short term ability that removes a mob from activity (broken by damage)

All these can be termed crowd control in the general meaning of control throughout a fight, but in MMO’s it’s accepted that the term CC means a long term disable of a mob.

I’m sure you can go any number of ways to disprove those meanings by posting names of games that use the terminology in a different way. But that’s only good if you want to argue semantics, which I really don’t
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 21, 2011 and now are registered for the following items:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
AΩE
*** Rattataki, Bounty Hunter***

Kalfear
01.01.2013 , 01:14 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Razot View Post
Group finder is like speed dating.. Nothing good is going come out of it so why bother!
ROFLMAO!!!!

Thats actually quite the statement

Have to agree after this last night!

Final run (been a long day for only 6 hardmodes) I get FE on imp side

Im healer and grouped with a tank that doesnt taunt, a merc DPS that doesnt cc, and a assassin

We get to 2nd boss (the bombing shuttle you use turret on while healer and tank and spare DPS fight BOSS)
Well DPS dont wanna do turret (dont laugh, this is the THIRD FE PUG I been in (in last 2 weeks) that the DPS dont work the turret and its left to me, the healer to do or wipe)
Then we get to HK and tank tells DPS to NOT KILL TURRETS (which makes my job 1000% harder considering the tank seemed to have NO damage reductions going. 20khealth but dropped faster then most 17k health tanks ive seen).
We get through the HK run and DPS goes, "hey you dont mind if I go AFK to bring in the new year (eastern time on a west coast server)

I stayed quiet through it all and just shoke my head and dropped, enough was enough.
If DPS didnt have time for FP, should not have queued up for FP.

I swear to god almighty, the Pugs have gotten REALLY BAD these last 2 weeks, TERRIBLE.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Prysha
01.01.2013 , 03:39 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post
Meanwhile whilst leveling my Marauder from 45-46 on the planet Voss.

LFG [Random H4 Heroic]
Merc: invite
You have invited Merc
Merc: lets go
Me: we only have 2
Merc: i am 50

You have entered a Heroic area
Merc: where is talos?
Me: that is Sith Inquisitor
Me: I am a Sith Marauder
Merc: ok get quinn out
Merc: do you have any cc?
Me: are you new?
Merc: are you an äss?

You have left the Heroic area
You have left the group

/chuckle
lol thats awesome
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!