Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People are amazing

Kalfear
12.31.2012 , 07:02 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by nartiuslightlord View Post
Nice Stuff. made a friend a month ago. we ran everything we could with 2 comps and I was having a blast. A week ago I tell him..."BRB my kid needs something" I come back he/she is like, "how old are you bro?" I tell them and he/she is like "that's cool, I respect really old people at your age playing kids games like this" 5 mins later this person un-freinds me and then go's to general making fun of me for be 25 years old and being a perv for playing the game with a teenager.

I'm still dumfounded by that one but meh it happens.
ROFLMAO!

now thats funny

And a VERY GOOD REASON teen agers and below (incoming "but im mature for my age" responses in 3-2-1....) shouldnt be allowed to play MMORPGs! heh
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 07:06 AM | #42
Nice Stuff. made a friend a month ago. we ran everything we could with 2 comps and I was having a blast. A week ago I tell him..."BRB my kid needs something" I come back he/she is like, "how old are you bro?" I tell them and he/she is like "that's cool, I respect really old people at your age playing kids games like this" 5 mins later this person un-freinds me and then go's to general making fun of me for be 25 years old and being a perv for playing the game with a teenager.

Lol I play with 40 year olds, Vets and parents. I am always respectful and do not insult people for doing what they enjoy
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 07:07 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
ROFLMAO!

now thats funny

And a VERY GOOD REASON teen agers and below (incoming "but im mature for my age" responses in 3-2-1....) shouldnt be allowed to play MMORPGs! heh
But I'm mature for my age...
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Macheath
12.31.2012 , 07:19 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
Really spliting hairs and reaching

What you describe are class abilities we all hope people know how to use successfully.

I been playing MMORPGs for 20+ years now and CC has ALWAYS been a term used exclusively on longer duration mez/stun/root type spells, not short duration.

Whens the last time you heard someone say

"Hey you go CC that Mob while I CC this mob"
and then you both go and knock Back said mobs
if you say more then zero time, I think your telling untrue stories

CC means long duration movement imparing abilities

Probably always will mean such.
Well, actually, Guild Wars 2 doesn't have any long duration CC. When a character "CC's" a mob, they are really interrupting the mob, or stringing together multiple short-duration CC to provide a longer overall effect, and/or applying debuffs to the mob to help mitigate damage done to the group.

In ToR, CC generally means what you say it does. That's not necessarily the way it is in other games, though. I could name others. "Long duration" CC in TERA is only 10-15 seconds, and only a select few classes have access to those abilities. Most CC is stunning mobs for only a few seconds at most, knocking them down, or interrupting their abilities with taunts and interrupts. WAR also features no long duration CC. And if I remember right, Age of Conan did not have the standard "Sap" type abilities which can mez for 60 seconds, either. Then there are non-MMOs, like HoN and LoL, which use the term "CC" for shorter duration effects.

The list goes on for many other, lesser known, titles, but you get the idea. There are many games you could come from and not know that "CC" means "60 second mez." In fact, there are only 4 MMOs where I've actually used such tactics; Everquest, WoW, Rift, and ToR.

CC has always meant any form of movement or action impairing effect, including the standard stun, mez, knockdown, but also snare, silence/disarm, charm, and fear. The term has also evolved to include certain types of taunts, teleports, levitations, pulls, and even debuffs (depending on their nature) in games which offer such things. It's hardly "always" been used "exclusively" to mean long duration stuns. In fact, in a game like WoW you'd specifically refer to that type of stun as either "Sheep" or "Sap," because those were the two specific abilities in the game that had that effect. I was never asked to CC anything as a Rogue, but I was repeatedly asked to Sap.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Galbatorrix
12.31.2012 , 07:43 AM | #45
I'm DPSing Colicoid War Games on my Guardian. The only person in the group with CC is the healer sage. We get past the first part (where you just have to shoot the hordes of bugs) and get to the first pack of droids. I mark the champ droid for CC and then as the sage is casting lift, the tank charges in and I jump to the unmarked gold. Right as I leap in, the unmarked gets lifted.... I immediately break the CC of course and we wipe due to too many mobs.

I ask the healer why he CCed an unmarked mob and he claims that the one marked was unCCable. Which is clearly not the case. So, we try again and this time, the healer doesn't CC at all and we end up barely defeating the pack. One of our DPS leaves at this point because they died (for like the third time).

As we're waiting for a replacement, we move on to the next group, which only consists of 2 golds and a champ. I mark the champ and ask the healer to CC. The tank then charges in to one of the golds and I leap. The healer (as the tank's charging in) yells "WAIITTT!!", and of course never CCs the champ. We wipe and the healer leaves. I then whisper to the healer "No offense, but you should really learn to properly CC.". The person then responds that they're in a top raiding guild and know perfectly well how to CC." They then tell me to **** off and /ignores me.

I feel sorry for that top raiding guild, lol.

aylee
12.31.2012 , 08:05 AM | #46

Bwahaha that is too good. i'm curious what the rest of the Gen pop had to say about it.

Thylbanus
12.31.2012 , 09:54 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by amaresch View Post
Not all are elitist, some are just reluctant to group yet again with people who do not know what they are doing AND refuse to be helped. It's a big waste of time and very frustrating. But, I play to have fun also, and now fun means treating this game as a solo player game- with some guild action thrown in.

Overall, it has to be the luck of the draw. The post you quoted to reply to had me shaking my head in disbelief. I wish that poster had included what server that was because I want to roll a character on it just to see if it was true.
Well I'll tell you mine. Jedi Covenant. It is about 1% of the time I get a difficult or unteachable PUG.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

PetFish
12.31.2012 , 02:22 PM | #48
^^

Jedi Covenant has definitely been a great server. Not a lot of morons there, at least in my experience, very few awful PUG GF issues.
D'alari'ia - Sage | Balthaza'ar - Gunslinger | V'alexi'ia - Guardian
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
T'alari'ia - Marauder | Xalava'ar - PowerTech | F'alconi'ia - Assassin
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut

Razot
12.31.2012 , 02:37 PM | #49
Group finder is like speed dating.. Nothing good is going come out of it so why bother!

dacentabaal
12.31.2012 , 04:18 PM | #50
who likes pie
Tamworth - England (I don't like or drink Tea)
The Progenitor RP English Server
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8