Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I actually thought advanced classes were trees

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I actually thought advanced classes were trees

Lazengan
12.29.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1
I've always wanted to be an end-game vanguard because I preferred the mobility and play style I saw on the trailers

I assumed that the two "Advanced" classes were simply talent trees like in WoW. I chose commando because I assumed it would be the most efficient at grinding and leveling, and it was

But then I hit 47 and decided to "Respec", and then that was when I finally realized that you could not switch advanced classes.

so, kind of stuck here. I'd really hate to replay the entire story all over again and lose my progress. Any news on if we can respec advanced classes?

Kitru
12.29.2012 , 10:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazengan View Post
Any news on if we can respec advanced classes?
The developers flip-flop from interview to interview as to whether they support or deny Advanced Class switching. Before release, the developers mentioned that they planned on having AC swapping at some point. After release, they categorically denied it. Now, with the Cartel Shop out and the developers sending mixed signals once again (I've heard tell saying yes and no from people that spoke to developers at cons), it's even fuzzier though it's pretty much guaranteed that, if it does come out, it's almost guaranteed to be a cartel coin option: implementing it as a quest or standard option isn't gonna be likely since it involves a lot more work (in the case of the quest) with less fiscal payout.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

MantorokTwelve
12.30.2012 , 01:24 AM | #3
God it would be chaos if they did that. Even though you would think it would be simple code, I could easily see them completely screwing the pooch and messing something completely unrelated up. Not to mention how much worse the QQing about FOTW would get.

MikeFL
12.30.2012 , 03:02 PM | #4
OP, I know in your situation it would be helpful, but I hope that BioWare never allows for AC changes.

The AC choice is one that really matters...it determines what roles you can fulfill, your play style, etc. Its arguably even more important than your base class choice. Its also one of the more unique aspects to this game. TOR has a lot of good things going for it but if an AC change is implemented it would really ruin the entire aspect of choosing classes. It would invalidate any real importance to that choice.
The Shadowlands - The Arterius Legacy
Praxys - 50 Sith Sorcerer Kilaeon - 32 Jedi Guardian
Nylost - 27 Sniper Rexxal - 25 Powertech

Ratham
12.31.2012 , 12:51 AM | #5
Out of curiosity, what did you think it meant when it said "Are you sure? This choice is permanent" ?

I'd say you should roll a powertech bounty hunter since its the same exact class as a vanguard, but with a different story.
1/18/12 - Fail Day - Ilum

Darth-Rammstein
12.31.2012 , 01:11 AM | #6
I hope they never offer AC swaps...can you imagine how much re rolling would be going on after a new "fotm" class appears? Classes that are weak or have been nerfed will all be dropped for the other AC.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five