Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deserter debuff for leaving warzone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deserter debuff for leaving warzone

TonyDragonflame
12.30.2012 , 06:48 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Couver View Post
I've won plenty of games where people have quit before it even started.
I think, you lose more games, than win in that case, if there was bad setup of mates in recruit/pve gear on start
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Sindistical
01.20.2013 , 03:17 PM | #22
Flashpoints have debuffs and it's long over due for wz's. If a player can just rage quit then turn right around, que up and wind up on the other team they haven't learned a thing.

Keadil
01.20.2013 , 03:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
It's coming as soon as I can choose not to play huttball and when having one retard doesn't decimate your chances at a win.
Yes, just give us all a do not ever queue for huttball option and we won't have a deserter problem.

Glower
01.20.2013 , 04:36 PM | #24
With these things in game?
Quote:
Is RE WH gear ruining PVP for us?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=588515

NO, hell no!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Varkantos
01.20.2013 , 04:51 PM | #25
Stop being terrible, and I'll stop leaving. The game has been out a year. The terrible aren't getting any better.

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 05:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimbo View Post
Can you please give us an update on when a Deserter debuff for leaving warzone is coming? People leave the match early in a game because a team goes down 1-0 in Huttball or get 2 capped in Alderaan. People leaving with no penalty sets the others in the group behind and IMO is a form of griefing. Can you please give the community an update on this and make it a Priority. You have it for group finder why not warzones?
Separate pre-mades and pugs and you will see less people bail. Simple simple simple.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

aurellian
01.20.2013 , 05:51 PM | #27
I have a legitimate question, what do you do about people who are in the queue and they land in a wz that someone has just bailed on and the team they "join" is getting murdered? Should they have to stay in that wz? I have been placed into many voidstars and huttballs where my I wake up to discover my team is either defending the datacore door or down 4-0. It would suck for me that I have to stay in that wz in order to avoid a deserter debuff.

Kerensk
01.20.2013 , 07:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Varkantos View Post
Stop being terrible, and I'll stop leaving. The game has been out a year. The terrible aren't getting any better.
The deserters are the terrible.
If you don't have the ability to still pullout a win when a team member has 14k you're not as good as you think.
The problem probably comes from the fact that you keep quitting till you find a match where there is no true opposition.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

Quendishir
01.20.2013 , 09:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
The system can tell the difference between a person dropping from the server and a person deliberately hitting a "Leave Warzone" Button.
One should be ignored. The other is a coward that is penalizing the rest of the PvP community.
No, it cannot.

Blizzard has been working on this concept for years now, and they've admitted that there's a problem with how the servers see people who leave warzones (or battlegrounds) early. The problem is software. I'm not saying it can't be fixed, but I'll be honest: if Blizzard can't figure it out, I don't have much faith in anyone else to do so.

DariusCalera
01.20.2013 , 09:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
The deserters are the terrible.
If you don't have the ability to still pullout a win when a team member has 14k you're not as good as you think.
The problem probably comes from the fact that you keep quitting till you find a match where there is no true opposition.
It's not the person with 14K health that bothers me, we were all there once. What bothers me is the person with 14K health, or the person with 19K health, that thinks that they're Superman and can both guard the West and cap the East. Problem is compounded when you have 4, 5, or 6 of these individuals that have no idea how to play to the objectives of the WZ. Padding their kill score is primary with actually winning the WZ as secondary.

I've quit WZs out of sheer frustration of seeing people chase kills off the node/door only to see it ninja capped behind them and the defenders not listening to what people are telling them.