What faction wins in the end? (star wars timeline)

Onyxus

I was looking at the Star Wars timeline on Wookipedia and I was wondering, who actually wins in the end? does anyone know? Looking at the last few dates it looks confusing as it seems you have to read quite a lot into it before getting a decent understanding. I don't have time to read in depth right now and probably wouldn't' understand it anyway. Just curious if anyone already has.

These are the last few dates, by reading these and nothing else you get the impression the Empire triumphs.

"130 ABY

The Galactic Alliance is defeated at Coruscant and its remaining territories are absorbed by the Empire which becomes the new galactic government. The Jedi Order is nearly destroyed during a massacre at Ossus, with Kol Skywalker as one of the casualties.

The new Sith Order turns against Emperor Roan Fel and his Imperial Knights. Darth Krayt usurps the Imperial throne, though some parts of the Empire remain loyal to Fel.

137 ABY

Cade Skywalker, bounty hunter and descendant of Luke Skywalker, lives in self-imposed exile from the Jedi. He begins to rediscover his destiny as a Jedi Knight and as a member of the Skywalker family, and rises to fight the new Sith. He embarks on a series of adventures aboard his starship Mynock.

Darth Krayt is killed by Darth Wyyrlok (III) after the Battle on Had Abbadon.

138 ABY

The Galactic Federation Triumvirate is formed.

The One Sith decide on the new strategy of taking over governments planet by planet.

Darth Krayt is killed for a final time by Cade Skywalker."

this is just my opinion. as long as there are living beings in the galaxy, no one "wins." just temporarily puts a stop to things. there will always be psychopathic lunatics like there will always be people looking out for the best interest of the galaxy.

Sure the lunatic might get killed, but there are plenty of others beings to replace him. same goes for the good guy.

I have written a lot of fan fiction that answers your question. As far as cannon goes, we do not know. I think the answer is it will never end. In my writings its a bitter struggle to the end. Its called The Restoration Era, and deals with 140 ABY to about 1000 ABY. In many ways a throw back to a more "Old Republic" like era, but with a legacy era skin... if that made any sense to you? Lol

this is just my opinion. as long as there are living beings in the galaxy, no one "wins." just temporarily puts a stop to things. there will always be psychopathic lunatics like there will always be people looking out for the best interest of the galaxy.

Sure the lunatic might get killed, but there are plenty of others beings to replace him. same goes for the good guy.

He has a point. For a time Luke Skywalker was the last jedi in the galaxy. Fighting two siths, one his father, the other was proclaimed the most powerful sith lord of all time, with a whole empire behind them, using nothing but a small rebel force, a small rebel fleet, and some ewoks, he won. Later made a new jedi order. Pretty good considering the odds.

In Star Wars as I see it no side every truly wins.Star Wars is locked in an eternal battle of good vs evil,jedi vs sith,Republic vs whatever other faction,galactic power, or threat that arises to seek control or destruction of the galaxy.I don't think there was ever an intention to ever have a faction win over the other and then the whole story ends.It is how it is,eternal struggle,eternal battle.It's called Star WARS for a reason,there's always a war going on somewhere in the galaxy far, far away.And that's the way it's gonna stay Edited by Lavariusstar