Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question About Flashpoints (Specifically "The Essesles")

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Question About Flashpoints (Specifically "The Essesles")

theforceofmatt
12.28.2012 , 06:31 PM | #1
I've been playing for almost a week now and currently have a level 13 Jedi Sentinel. I've played a few Heroics now and would like to go back and attempt The Essesles as I've not played any Flashpoints. Now, I'm aware that the number of people who have attempted this Flashpoint far outweighs the number of people who haven't, and those people are going to want to spacebar through all of the stuff I'll want to see on my first go. Is it therefore best to solo Flashpoints like this first? If so, how many levels above should I be? I understand (from the Wiki) that The Essesles is for 7 - 10 characters, so could I solo it when I get to level 15?

Also, is it still the case (as was written in an old forum post I discovered) that I can get jedi robes from The Essesles? Everyone else seems to have some and it's a bit depressing being the odd one out.

_Luthais_
12.28.2012 , 07:05 PM | #2
on my server mostly the people ask if everybody is okay with spacebar through. i don't think anybody would be mad at you for wanting to listen to the story.

ScarletBlaze
12.28.2012 , 07:08 PM | #3
I would suggest when you make the group you let them know you would like to watch the story. Most should be understanding and in doing so you may actully get people who want to watach the story. Even though some have seen it some actually enjoy it no matter how many times they seen it.

And yes there are some jedi robes that can drop from this flashpoint.

Another suggestion is maybe try to find a guild you will find for the most part guild members are more patient with this.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the game .
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Nythain
12.28.2012 , 09:22 PM | #4
I'm not the typical internet a-hole, but my personal opinion on the matter is... If I'm not specifically advertising/joining a social run group, I tend to expect at least one member of the group to refuse to spacebar. And that's cool if they want to enjoy the story. What really irks me is people who join a social run group and refuse to spacebar, they just wanted in the group. Esseles and Black Talon are sooooo long and boring when you're forced to look at Waiting on Other Players every 2 minutes.

Draloch
12.28.2012 , 10:19 PM | #5
You'll probably have more fun running flashpoints at your level, plus you'll get gear that is better and helps you more on the planets.

Just tell people that you are new to the game and want to watch the story. Anyone who gives you a hard time is a jerk. Let them be mad or leave if they want. I doubt you'll run into much resistance though. I've never been in a group where someone spoke up about wanting to watch the cut scenes and someone had a problem with it.

theforceofmatt
12.29.2012 , 05:24 AM | #6
Thanks for all of your responses, guys. I'll see if I can find a group who will be happy not spacebaring through the cutscenes and will also look into getting into a guild. Thanks again!

Rooff
12.29.2012 , 10:34 AM | #7
I just dont like to wait for other players. Give me a heads up that you are watching the story line and I have no problems watching along with you.

Slightrider
12.31.2012 , 11:32 AM | #8
I went back at lvl 40 and did it solo . LOL

got a whole +6 ex Points!

didn't spacebar anything
¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

Sinapus
12.31.2012 , 05:55 PM | #9
Just mention that you want to hear the dialog and I'm sure there are other players out there who will accept that.

My first run was a pure social run so I skipped through the dialog, though I may want to take some lower level characters through.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

amaresch
12.31.2012 , 10:32 PM | #10
Based on how well you can play your Sentinel, and what you and your comapnions stats are- you may be able to solo this flashpoint. Emphasis on may. It's been my experience that advertising for this Flashpoint in fleet may not be as good as advertising for it in Coruscant. In fleet, the vast majority of players are doing this flashpoint primarily for social and alignment points- it's one of the better ways to increase both. In Coruscant, you'll have more chances to match up with a player who still needs to do the story, and will be less adverse to watching the dialogue play out.

But, if you start out from fleet, and this may be different by server- but usually there is a group of people congregated outside the start point looking for groups. A lot of times there are very high levels waiting to do this, and they may be ok with not space-barring- but they'll have their advanced capabilities and hp's jumping in and slaughtering everything before you even get a chance to run in and give a few whacks. Gets to be pretty boring when that happens.

Also, the Black Talon flashpoint will be exactly the same, and for pretty much the same reasons when/if you ever roll an Imperial character.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger