Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What would make the expansion worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What would make the expansion worth it?

skiibyrd
12.28.2012 , 01:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
First of all, im the oldfasion guy and i like to get a boxed version of the expansion. Id pay extra for that.
This sounds like something small, but honestly its something big to me, I really dont care about the 'convience' factor of the digital download personally, what I do like is my big collection of game box's/games, and looking back on them... Its also have every issue of game informer since the gamecube was released, and to me, it would be like if they started going digital only... I like the physical product, something I can keep, and the case and disk (or cartridge) for a game is almost a Souvenir of the game itself. I personally hope that (although i know its the imminent fate of video games, much like the instruction manual which is almost now extinct, since its so much cheaper for the devs to release the games this way, which is probably why SWTOR is doing this) they do continue releasing the boxed version of games, even at a higher price.

Vlacke
12.28.2012 , 02:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
James ohlen said it, you go find it. it was at E3. its been linked here more times then is neccessary so no point me linking again for it tobe ignored..... again. On that note show me where they said it would cost subscribers ontop of subscription. cos you cant and hmm hmm er well dont count.
Clearly Ohlen and his statement from like six months ago gave you a lot of stress and sleepless nights, to the extent that you just can't let it go.
Telcontar Legacy

fungihoujo
12.28.2012 , 02:18 PM | #23
PvP class balance being fixed, a world pvp zone with some actual thought put into it. An ELO system and xfaction pvp for rated.... things that should have been in long ago.

I'd also like to see chat bubbles at last- though a smaller thing.

Add in 1 or 2 new ops, 2 or 3 new FPs, have the planet be large- large enough to have 5 levels worth of questing on it.

I'd love to see the super secret space project be part of this too.

Glorthox
12.28.2012 , 02:52 PM | #24
The expansion would be worth it, if subscribers also seen 1000 cartel coins or something that added more incentive to buy their content patch. I'm calling it a patch because calling one planet an expansion is garbage...

Jacen_Starsolo
12.28.2012 , 02:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
So many threads out there right now saying this expansion pack is an outrage because its $10 one time fee, that us subscribers have to pay in addition to our monthly sub. What I want to know, for everyone who is complaining about it, is what would, REALISTICALLY, make the expansion worth $10 in your opinion (Please keep them to things that the Dev's add, or include in this expansion in the time they have until its release)

Lets Hope they see this thread, and lets try to give some constructive feedback!
I'm on the fence with it. If Bioware could just give a little more details, I'd press buy. I need that extra push they refuse to give.

Costello
12.28.2012 , 02:59 PM | #26
More Hutt Cartel species i.e. Rodians and Trandoshian.
3D space combat
Revamped combat/talents/abilities to make it slightly less of a WoW clone.

skiibyrd
12.28.2012 , 03:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorthox View Post
The expansion would be worth it, if subscribers also seen 1000 cartel coins or something that added more incentive to buy their content patch. I'm calling it a patch because calling one planet an expansion is garbage...
It all depends on the content that planet holds though, if makeb offers 10+ hours to level through, and reach level 55, then it may be worth it. It really seems the majority of people DO NOT put having additional Story, SGR, and 1 new planet at the tops of the list.... which is funny considering that has been what the majority of threads have been asking for over the past 5 or so months.

I personally would like more crafting options and oppertunites, more options for guilds (Guild Gear, acheivements, increased XP for leveling toons in the guild, guild buff, guild level, a guild search engine, a guild ship... just to name a few), I would love open world PvP in this game (I'm sick of never actually having a fear of being attacked ANYWHERE I go, and spending over half my time on fleet), BOA cargo hold access, and remote cargo hold access (You could be on a planet and send/recieve items in your Cargo hold anywhere, and have them arrive, and leave kind of like when you buy something off the cartel market), 1 new class, or AT LEAST come up with a cooler race than the cathar, and optimize the Hero engine for large scale battles.

AND.... The #1 thing I would love to actually have happen in this game is.... HAVE THE REPUBLIC BLOW UP THE IMPERIAL FLEET, AND HAVE THE EMPIRE BLOW UP THE RUPUBLIC FLEET!!!!

I personally feel that the fleets absolutely destroy this games experience of having the ability to travel to so many different planets.... it would be nice if each of the capital planets where what the fleets are now... or maybe they could be on a planet where both factions are so you get some PvP action sometimes, or you could be in danger while even going to get a piece of gear... somewhere that we could defend and call our own. the fleet is one of the worst ideas for an MMO IMO because over half your time (when not running dailies for 2 or so hours) is strickly on the fleet... you literally have almost no reason to go anywhere else.

Prettyevilish
12.28.2012 , 07:11 PM | #28
Cathar (instead of this nonsense about them being cartel market purchases we got in the Livestream), mini-games such as pazaak, swoop racing, etc (anything to do besides quest and PVP, basically), same gender romances (it was hinted it might come with Makeb and if it did, I would find $10 to be perfectly fine), continuation of existing romance story.

However, even with these things, I wouldn't buy it with real money. We were told our free cartel coins would be able to be used for things like this, and yet they specifically stated this would not be in the cartel shop. That was a very bad move on their part. They want MONEY, not that fake money they made up, that many people were saving specifically for something like this.

So if they don't want the fake money they pushed on me, they can't have any of my money.

ckoneful
12.28.2012 , 07:17 PM | #29
A new planet and new story.

OH WAIT WE'RE GETTING THOSE.

Grondar
12.28.2012 , 07:41 PM | #30
No need for a new planet and levels. If they fix just a third of the items on this list and the insistent memory leak I will gladly pay 20 bucks for an expansion. I'm afraid it has come to that.

Spoiler