Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What would make the expansion worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What would make the expansion worth it?

skiibyrd
12.28.2012 , 12:31 PM | #1
So many threads out there right now saying this expansion pack is an outrage because its $10 one time fee, that us subscribers have to pay in addition to our monthly sub. What I want to know, for everyone who is complaining about it, is what would, REALISTICALLY, make the expansion worth $10 in your opinion (Please keep them to things that the Dev's add, or include in this expansion in the time they have until its release)

Lets Hope they see this thread, and lets try to give some constructive feedback!

Shingara
12.28.2012 , 12:34 PM | #2
Nothing will ever again, they have broken there word so from this day forth nothing they say can be trusted tobe how the originally stated it. Golden rule of customer service, never lie to your paying customers.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

LUCASCASADEIS
12.28.2012 , 12:34 PM | #3
legacy level 55

macumba
12.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #4
until more is known what would make it worth it
(I don't think BW did themselves a favor by stating that few features plus the fact that it will not be on the cartel market)

my main concern is content (as always) so now after a year swtor finally hat just about enough content to give you something to do. now the 5 extra levels come.

with the information given I see the following happening
either they:

-put in no additional content.
-scale the existing content for you to be 5 levels stronger but just not notice it, because karagga also did some quests in the meantime

I would gladly pay for a proper expansion that comes with a proper end game, meaning 2-3 operations 6+ new flashpoints. with the price and scale of the miniexpansion I there might also be option 3

put in 30% new content because its a 30% xpack

I don't know what's the worst solution but they all suck and end up in me leveling those 5 levels in a day and find myself with nothing new to do except 10 new daily quests that would also have been included in a regular update.

if however they put in new level 55 operations (2-3 or one really really big one black temple style with 10+ bosses) and flashpoints (about 6) I am glad.
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

mothear
12.28.2012 , 12:49 PM | #5
Allowing professions to expand to make items usuable for level 55 characters. These items should be available without group play i.e. either from trainers or daily comms and require re-engineering to create their best stats.

Not re-grading (new NM is ok) existing FP's to the new level.

DarthOvertone
12.28.2012 , 12:58 PM | #6
Regular, spontaneous organic OPvP. PvP Gear progression beyond just WZs.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

skiibyrd
12.28.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Allowing professions to expand to make items usuable for level 55 characters. These items should be available without group play i.e. either from trainers or daily comms and require re-engineering to create their best stats.

Not re-grading (new NM is ok) existing FP's to the new level.
Im all for this, I love the crafting for some reason in this game, and would really like some cool, new stuff to craft, and maybe some fun craftable items for vanity, even if they were BOP.

UltimateKrucible
12.28.2012 , 01:00 PM | #8
/clubdancing companions

(I don't actually expect this - and have pre-ordered)
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

BalphoWan
12.28.2012 , 01:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
if however they put in new level 55 operations (2-3 or one really really big one black temple style with 10+ bosses) and flashpoints (about 6) I am glad.
This.

zElmTree
12.28.2012 , 01:01 PM | #10
Two things:

Meaningful PvP Swoop and Pod Racing
Pazaak

I will be 100% satisfied if they put that into the game
THE STARGOD LEGACY
Captain Apollo, Gunslinger I Lyte, Sentinel I Nova, Commando
Rain, Powertech