Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as a female character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Playing as a female character

CetanSZ
04.01.2013 , 03:33 PM | #41
I'm a male player who plays exclusively female characters in SWTOR. I find it hard to play a male in SWTOR for two main reasons, both relating to the visuals.

1. Hairstyles for men are atrocious outside of the military-style cuts. Too many Bieber/Jersey Shore/salon styles.

2. Body types. In order, we have: An anorexic, a body with pecs that jut out as far as the women's breasts, Andre the Giant, and the fat man. There's no "normal."

Which really sucks, as some of the more awesome voice actors are PC males. David Hayter, Nolan North...

iEuthanasia
04.01.2013 , 05:07 PM | #42
I find it most amusing that in nearly every post in this thread in which a male player is playing a female avatar they list rationalizations for why as if they will be looked down upon unless they provide a good reason.

Skodan
04.01.2013 , 07:20 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by iEuthanasia View Post
I find it most amusing that in nearly every post in this thread in which a male player is playing a female avatar they list rationalizations for why as if they will be looked down upon unless they provide a good reason.
im sure the aliens in the universe feel peeved when they they see humans playing as another species, we should stick to playing humans only
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Sinapus
04.02.2013 , 12:12 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
Once I had a guy start bugging me because my female character was in a dancing girl outfit, he kept saying I looked hot and how it was distracting for him.
Hm. I got some... persistent comments for my female scoundrel from one player and she's not scantily-clad. So you don't have to use the sexier outfits to attract attention.

(IIRC, he said he thought she was cute, and she is in all her snarky awesomeness, so I thanked him. Pointed out after the umpteenth compliment that I was a guy, and he went away eventually. *eyebrow*)

"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

phfph
04.02.2013 , 08:19 AM | #45
Not so much nowdays!
But a year ago or so when i was level my female shadow, she was at mid 30 and a level 50 shadow was hanging around me and helping me whit quests and Datacrones, I also got her real mail, and when she find out that i was a guy she stop respond!!

AlixMV
04.02.2013 , 06:00 PM | #46
Huh. I'm a female player running about 2:1 female:male toons and the /only/ time gender was an issue (either my toons or me as a player) was running the HEROIC/AREA-4s in the final zone of Hoth, when the guy I was running with asked if I was a man or a woman. I play endgame with two female toon tanks, and if ever I would expect some kind of sexism, it'd be then.

The one issue I do see may be as a result of an assumption I saw while reading the thread: that the players behind the toons are male. I've had to /ignore quite a few players while playing with a couple of friends of mine who were also women playing female toons because the guy (and I'm pretty sure they were guys) were casually using sexist or mysoginistic language in Group chat. It was nothing directed at us, but it made us uncomfortable nonetheless.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

scottberg
04.02.2013 , 06:18 PM | #47
I'm a guy and the latest toon I'm leveling is a female Jedi Guardian (my first female character), and I do seem to be getting a lot more random group invites while questing.

Lord_Arn
04.02.2013 , 08:46 PM | #48
I'm a man and my main is a male marauder. He's the only one I really think of as a reflection of myself. Got him to 50 and started playing a female inquistor, had a couple strange encounters so far, not like she's wearing the slave outfit either, just saber marshal robes. On Korriban some guy was following me around "helping", he kept taking his clothes off, dancing, and trying to get me to join his guild. It was funny at first but got old quick, he went on ignore and eventually went away. Had another person whisper "nice ***" I just replied "I've got a dick under these robes".

Today on Taris I had another random guy start following me and healing me, he followed me around for a good half hour, seems to happen alot, random people stopping what they're doing and trying to "help", never happened on my marauder.

AussieAlan
04.03.2013 , 01:24 AM | #49
Yeah I ended up with currently 1 male trooper and the rest female.

slafko
04.03.2013 , 02:51 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
How do you guys find playing as a female character?.
Do you get bugged allot by idiots?.
1) I play female characters exclusively.
2) I don't get bugged at all.