Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as a female character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Playing as a female character

Sinapus
12.31.2012 , 07:52 PM | #21
I will mention I'm a guy from time to time. If I do get hit on, I'll definitely mention it.

I'm not cruel enough to string some poor kid along.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

ebado
12.31.2012 , 08:58 PM | #22
Of my characters, I have six males and two females, with my female Operative being my main. I've never had an issue with how I was treated in-game based on my avatar's gender, in this game or others. My viewpoint might be different based on my prior experience, but there's no issue in this game. Every once in a while or so, somebody might make a comment with the implication that my real life gender matches the gender of my avatar, but it's never been an issue to correct them or wave it off if appropriate. I

I don't really assume specific characters are played by male or females but do realize most players will be male. I generally avoid certain pronouns unless I know specifically. It doesn't really make a difference.

There will always be the horror stories of female characters getting stalked by creeps or people who assume your avatar must be a reflection of yourself (something I don't understand, but whatever floats your boat), but these are a drop in a bucket compared to the experiences of most.

wolfganonon
03.27.2013 , 03:42 PM | #23
alot alot

Salacious_Dumb
03.27.2013 , 04:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BeToo View Post
I have a mix of male/female characters and have never really been bugged by playing either. However, I must admit, overall, so far, I feel the character story lines for flirting and such seem to work better when playing the male toons. But I imagine that's more a societal thing (men probably mostly drove development).
It's more like, I have no interest in romancing a fellow male (fictional or otherwise).

I'm a guy with 3 male & 4 fem characters (although 2 are just getting started). One reason is the voice actors:

The male consular's voice is downright awful. He sounds like a bored Sesame Street character.

Both trooper voices are good, but the girl is just a bit better and, of course, is Lady Shepard., ergo great as a b****.

The Inquisitor actress does a very good job, too, as a purring, sarcastic, cynical succubus.

I'm not happy with the lady knight's voice, but I'm not changing it now since the male isn't much of an improvement.

The other reason is, yeah, they're easier on the eyes.

Sometimes I get dumb messages, like one that was "how much?" (I guess in reference to my character being dressed like a prostitute). A few random group & guild invites (it also happens to my male char's, albeit less often), and maybe a "hot" comment or two. These turkeys usually go on ignore.

For the most part it's not a big deal playing a girl character. And same-sex romance will make it all the better

sumuji
03.27.2013 , 07:01 PM | #25
I'm a male that's played female chars for the last decade. In this game I don't notice any snarky comments. Occasionally I'll get someone to compliment the way my avatar looks. The only downside I've seen is that sometimes one of your male companions might be flirty with you. For my inquisitor one of my male companions is always talking sexy to me when I send him on crew missions. "Sounds fun" in a seductive voice. "I got what you need" in an affirmative tone.

MidichIorian
03.27.2013 , 07:20 PM | #26
I'm always playing female characters on behalf of there being a better selection of outfits. The girls can wear anything but some of the stuff looks silly on male characters. I have never been bugged by someone who mistook me for actually being a girl. I'm open to the possibility that me being a total *** 100 % of the time has something to do with it. Real girls are only trouble 25 % of the time

I get a lot of comments on my outifts but I don't think that has much to do with me playing a female character. Possibly that it looks better on a smaller female model but not because they think I'm a chick per se.

Rooff
03.27.2013 , 07:21 PM | #27
My imperial characters are male
My republic characters are female

I get a few comments with the females and once in awhile I will get a little random help killing a mob.

AxeGaijin
03.28.2013 , 06:56 AM | #28
For me it's easy, I'm an Altoholic so I have al the combos.

I like creating characters and roleplay their way through the game making decisions based on what I believe they would do in that situation, over 64 char I think I'm pretty much down the middle when it comes male/female ratio of chars I think in favour of the men, but not by much.

Also as a side note, my guildmaster in WoW was a female, and she played exclusively with male chars
Altoholic:100%, Explorer: 80%, Socializer: 73%, Achiever: 33%, Killer: 13%
~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you´re enjoying it, you choke on it.

ImmortalLowlife
03.28.2013 , 07:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Normally, I assume all toons are played by guys on the other end. When it turns out to be a woman it's a pleasant surprise.
My thoughts exactly.... I play as both male & female characters too. Considering how much time I invest in each storyline, sometimes I just wanna look at somethin sexy knowhatumtalmbout....
Besides....what's tha point in trying to spit game to a female( u hope) on a mmo? If that's tha only contact u have wit a female, u seriously need to step ya game up and get out tha house more lol.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

scarlet_magpie
03.28.2013 , 09:02 AM | #30
In all te games i play, I play as a female. They look cooler and sound cooler (my Merc is a joy to listen to, and my Agent sounds great!!)