Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as a female character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Playing as a female character

Huez
12.29.2012 , 03:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMalice View Post
As a female who plays as female characters and sometimes male, I haven't noticed any difference between the two in terms of how you are treated by other players. People still usually presume that I am a dude regardless of my character's gender.
I pretend everyone is a dude lol
Mercenary: 60 Powertech:60
Assassin:60

roySWTOR
12.29.2012 , 10:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Huez View Post
Aren't they?!
The Red Eclipse<Empire of Tweakers>
Pemah - PowertechSha'ye - Sentinel

ScarletBlaze
12.29.2012 , 10:25 AM | #13
I'm a lady in real life and all my characters are ladies. I don't get bother that much but that might be because my charcters are actually with someone and I don't wear the slave outfits. I have worn the tops I just don't particulary like the shorts on them.

My guild knows I'm a lady.

I also assume when I see a female toon they are female and if male a male until proven otherwise as I know both play the game.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

GymQuirk
12.29.2012 , 11:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Huez View Post
MMORPG == Many Males Online Role-Playing Girls
As if I have anything worth putting in a signature...

AussieAlan
12.29.2012 , 12:03 PM | #15
Well I haven't been bugged yet, but was level 2 when I was asked to join a group, suppose I shouldn't have went with blue eyed freckled red head imperial agent.

I suppose the good thing is there seems to be very few on the Asia RP PVE sever.

MsMalice
12.30.2012 , 07:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by roySWTOR View Post
Aren't they?!
Excluding myself there are two other people in my guild that are female that I know of. I don't really make it a habbit to go around asking everyone's gender, but there you go. But yes, the majority of female characters are probably played by an adult male.

Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I also assume when I see a female toon they are female and if male a male until proven otherwise as I know both play the game.
I do the same thing. If someone's character is female, I will refer to them as a "she" unless they correct me or I found out otherwise and vice versa.
RAYE
R.I.P. JIRAYA

AussieAlan
12.31.2012 , 01:05 AM | #17
So flirting as a male evil sith warrior got me no where, but flirting as a good female agent gives a fade to black?.

Sinapus
12.31.2012 , 05:50 PM | #18
I haven't noticed anything odd when playing a female character. Not been hit on yet, at least...

Generally, I don't see the characters I play as "me" so it's no real problem playing female characters. Just like a character in a book, I guess.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

BeToo
12.31.2012 , 06:12 PM | #19
I have a mix of male/female characters and have never really been bugged by playing either. However, I must admit, overall, so far, I feel the character story lines for flirting and such seem to work better when playing the male toons. But I imagine that's more a societal thing (men probably mostly drove development).

VigDiath
12.31.2012 , 06:33 PM | #20
My female Smuggler got hit hit on a few times in pvp matches lol. But when I start typing...I think they realize I'm a guy.

Normally, I assume all toons are played by guys on the other end. When it turns out to be a woman it's a pleasant surprise.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)