Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Monthly CC injection


MouseNoFour's Avatar


MouseNoFour
12.28.2012 , 07:27 AM | #1
In your personal opinion, should the amount of CC received per month differ, according to your subscription chosen?

Since there are 3 different lengths of subscription - 1 month, 3 months and 6 months - do you think the monthly CC injection should differ according to which of the 3 lengths each player chose?

If yes/no, please provide your explanation below.
My time card ends on December 5th. I have no intent to subscribe, let alone play, after i have completed all 9 episodes of KotFE. Likely i will subscribe for a single month to finish off the ''season'', play what remains and then say good bye to SWTOR until the END of the next season. Enjoy Bioware!

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
12.28.2012 , 07:31 AM | #2
I do not wish for there to be an excuse for bioware pushing patches out as expansions for them to turn around and state that that is why we get the cc. The fact we cannot use the cc for anything but the junk on the cartel shop is something i do not wish to engage in.

For me if there is something on the cartel market that i want then i am willing to pay for my own cc coins to purchase it and have my full subscription go towards content that is free for subscribers. I do not wish to prop up the f2p market and think that the f2p players should prop it up themselves.

So for me i dont want free cartel coins no matter how many months i subscribe for. If they cannot do that then i will gladly take the difference value for said cartel coins and have the lower subscription costs per month instead.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

JustARandomGuy's Avatar


JustARandomGuy
12.28.2012 , 07:32 AM | #3
You mean how it's already implemented?

The longer you have a subscription for, the more Cartel Coins you receive.

I'm guessing that you didn't investigate how many Cartel Coins players get for the subscription before posting this thread, or you'd have seen the following:

http://www.swtor.com/free/
‘Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but greater minds rise above them’
Ralph Waldo Emerson

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
12.28.2012 , 07:34 AM | #4
They already differ, I think it's to encourage players to sign up for 6 months instead of 1 month. 600 coins still isn't too much if you look at the prices for all the stuff, but after 5 months, you basically got an extra month worth of coins out of it.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Ifrica's Avatar


Ifrica
12.28.2012 , 07:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
The fact we cannot use the cc for anything but the junk on the cartel shop is something i do not wish to engage in.
I'm happy with the cartel coins, i used them for global unlocks (rocket boost, ship mail/repair/gtn) and species unlocks, and some cargo tabs.. if you decide to use coins for junk on shop then it's your own doing, who knows what will be added to the shop, or which unlocks will come in the future, the fact that YOU use it for junk doesn't mean we all do
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
12.28.2012 , 07:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
I'm happy with the cartel coins, i used them for global unlocks (rocket boost, ship mail/repair/gtn) and species unlocks, and some cargo tabs.. if you decide to use coins for junk on shop then it's your own doing, who knows what will be added to the shop, or which unlocks will come in the future, the fact that YOU use it for junk doesn't mean we all do
You mean those things i paid to unlock with ingame credits before the cartel market.........................................

Also if you had kept my post in context you would see you have defeated yourself but ontop of that you counteract yourself again in your own reply to what i have already stated.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Ifrica's Avatar


Ifrica
12.28.2012 , 07:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
You mean those things i paid to unlock with ingame credits before the cartel market.........................................

Also if you had kept my post in context you would see you have defeated yourself but ontop of that you counteract yourself again in your own reply to what i have already stated.
would you be so kind to rephrase what you are trying to say in people-english? I'm not Sheldon!
you did write that sentence right, so how is it taking it out of context?
i only stated that what you call junk others see as shinies
and if you got the unlocks with credits, good for you, others didn't.

what i also wonder, if you go to the shop and buy x-product and get free y-product with it, are you going to the manager and say 'i don't want y-product, please retract the value from x-product' ?
We pay our sub like before cartel market, nothing changed for us subscribers, so we have 'x-product'.
Now they are adding free 'y-product' because we buy x-product, and you don't want it...
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
12.28.2012 , 07:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
I do not wish for there to be an excuse for bioware pushing patches out as expansions for them to turn around and state that that is why we get the cc. The fact we cannot use the cc for anything but the junk on the cartel shop is something i do not wish to engage in.

For me if there is something on the cartel market that i want then i am willing to pay for my own cc coins to purchase it and have my full subscription go towards content that is free for subscribers. I do not wish to prop up the f2p market and think that the f2p players should prop it up themselves.

So for me i dont want free cartel coins no matter how many months i subscribe for. If they cannot do that then i will gladly take the difference value for said cartel coins and have the lower subscription costs per month instead.
Well, just don't use them and hoard them untill something interresting does come up to buy with them. You aren't forced to use those free Cartel Coins given to you. Just like you aren't forced to use the free fireworks we got a few weeks ago, just like you aren't forced to use the Party Jawa, Founder Title if you have it, Hero Banner, whatever drop you get from some mob, companion customization you get on your class quest, you name it. By all means, feel free to not use it!
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
12.28.2012 , 07:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
would you be so kind to rephrase what you are trying to say in people-english? I'm not Sheldon!
i only stated that what you call junk others see as shinies
and if you got the unlocks with credits, good for you, others didn't.
There is nothing i could type to reply that would prove your fault then your own reply, so i shall leave your reply as the reason your wrong.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Ifrica's Avatar


Ifrica
12.28.2012 , 07:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
There is nothing i could type to reply that would prove your fault then your own reply, so i shall leave your reply as the reason your wrong.
how can 'an opinion' be wrong, it is 'my' opinion, if 'I' state what 'I' did with it, how can I be wrong then?
the referral to 'you' was an implication i made due to the way you posted your reply, and more so a generalisation towards many posters here. so once again, please tell me 'how' I'm wrong. I didn't know giving an opinion could be so offensive, you seem to take it pretty serious seeing your reply can almost be read insultive
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD