Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So. Ninjas yea?

seven_deadlies
12.25.2012 , 03:00 PM | #11
I make sure to cover a few things when I start a new group, almost out of habit.

First we cover if everyone knows what their stats are. As in, is there a Guardian in party wearing Aim gear just because he saw "heavy" and put it on. Once I know the players are wearing what they're supposed to be wearing...

We cover the Need vs Greed on rolls. As many have already stated, "Need" is only for your class, and if its an upgrade to what you already have. Greed on pretty much everything else. When it comes to Companion gear, I don't mind if they Need sometimes, so long as they ask first. The thing people don't realize, is you have plenty of time to make a decision. Nobody should be looting at all until after the mobs are dead. Then when you see something you might want to Need on... ask about it. The keyboard does more than move your toon, it makes words too!

If anyone has a problem with either of those rules, then one of two things will happen. Either that person will leave and be replaced. Or I will switch to Master Loot and nobody gets to ninja anything from anyone.

RikuvonDrake
12.25.2012 , 03:39 PM | #12
Make a server blacklist, help other players by listing their names as well as provide proof of what they have done, then put everyone on ignore and bam, it becomes much more simple.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

seven_deadlies
12.25.2012 , 04:55 PM | #13
I kinda liked it better when Legacy names were specific.

As in, once someone chose "Skywalker" then no one else could use that same one.

That way, once you identified a ninja, you could write down their Legacy name and avoid their alts too.

Rivenwind
12.25.2012 , 05:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Android View Post
i mostly group up with my lvl 17 Sorcerer or lvl19 Juggernaut and i notice this alot at those levels, does it get more or less common at higher levels? I ran BT with a Lvl 50 player who basically just ran through BT like it wasn't there and passed on pretty much everything. I asked if he wanted anything to let me know, and he said he didn't need anything you could get outside of pvp these days. Thoughts? Stuff like this hammers home how little i know of SWTOR and mmos and how much more i have to learn.
A bit less common IMO. People at low levels are happy to irritate others, but ignoring tanks and healers at higher levels tends to add tremendously to your time chilling in a queu. It DOES happen but more often than not its negligible.

zXBurntToastXz
12.25.2012 , 07:29 PM | #15
Worst I've seen was a guy who said he was in the game to win it and didn't give two ***** about anyone else. he wanted it for his comp because it looked cool thus he needed it and said the above and that, since he hates doing stuff with other people he should be ALLOWED to need on gear not for him on the off chance it will give him an advantage.../kick /whisperwhyheisanidiot /ignore

ChroniKill
12.25.2012 , 07:34 PM | #16
Happened to me on a couple of occasions. I've occasionally been guilty of misreading something - seeing a stat and going need, then realising its medium. If that happens then all you can do is apologise and hope nobody else needed.

However, I've noticed an increasing number of people on my server (Red Eclipse) using need on everything. So much so that the majority of flashpoints I run end up in at least one person in the group shouting at another member for taking kit they shouldn't.

Projawa
12.25.2012 , 08:15 PM | #17
Maybe I've been fortunate but I haven't seen anything ninja'ed in a long time until recently, a warrior needed on a willpower piece only because he was a new player and didn't know any better until we politely explained roll etiquette to him. When I started MMOs years ago I did the same thing until folks clued me in.

Otherwise yeah just /ignore them and move on.

Danylia
12.26.2012 , 04:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
a warrior needed on a willpower piece only because he was a new player and didn't know any better until we politely explained roll etiquette to him.
This. I was doing a Heroic on Coruscant and a Sentinel Needed on a Cunning Implant. When I asked why, the answer was "I don't have anything in my Implant slots yet, so I need it, don't I?". It was a F2Per and obviously not very experienced one, so I explained and we moved on. Sometimes people are really just unaware, and thus there should be a place for the benefit of the doubt - especially on low level planets.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Reaver View Post
the mando whispered me " dude I think he wants is to ERP" so then me and the mando /data pad and /map to check the galactic Internet for pokemon cards. It was nice he found a cheap charizard for only 50c I told him to buy it.

wetslampigduex
12.26.2012 , 08:11 AM | #19
that sucks, i pass on hm fp drops most of the time cause i cant stand that cr@p sitting in my bags for 2 hours

and tbh sometimes people just don't get it, another officer invited a Merc to the guild a few weeks back so we carried him through HM EC to get some gear. On the puzzle we figured out hes specced arsenal but using combustible gas cylinder. While waiting to pull kephess i inspected him and he was wearing Strength Implants... i can only imagine what his skill tree looks like

Petnil
12.26.2012 , 08:29 AM | #20
For some people this is their first MMO. At low levels try explaining how this need and greed thing works. In the first couple of FP the ninjas are alot more common than in the later FP, so some of the ninjas probably do so because they dont know better.