Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Trooper Armor

Grazzt
12.23.2012 , 10:42 AM | #1
Hi there !

I'd really like to get a nice Imperial Soldier Armor for my Imperial Agent

If i remember correctly, the Collector's Edition gave access to the Imperial Trooper Armor, but is this the only way to get this kind of armor ?
Is there maybe a Mission or a Flashpoint where you can get some nice-looking Imperial Armor (with the Sith emblem on it) ?

And if the Collector's Edition is the only way to get it, is it still available somehow, or was it only available in limited quantities at launch ?

Thanx for your help

Jagrattlehead
12.23.2012 , 11:17 AM | #2
I don't know about the armor dropping anywhere, but you can still get the CE. I got mine on Amazon a couple of months ago.

Grazzt
12.23.2012 , 11:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagrattlehead View Post
I don't know about the armor dropping anywhere, but you can still get the CE. I got mine on Amazon a couple of months ago.
Oh ok nice, and did it give access to the Imperial Trooper Armor ?

I already have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so how do you think it would work ? Would i have to apply a code somewhere to get the benefits from the Collector's Edition ?

Jagrattlehead
12.23.2012 , 11:40 AM | #4
The armor is sold in the VIP section on fleet. It's above the central cantina. I'm not sure about upgrading with a code or if you have to buy the physical item.

JacksonMo
12.23.2012 , 11:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Grazzt View Post
Oh ok nice, and did it give access to the Imperial Trooper Armor ?

I already have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so how do you think it would work ? Would i have to apply a code somewhere to get the benefits from the Collector's Edition ?
as far as I know, that look is unique. It doesn't drop anywhere, certainly not for medium or light armor users.
It's adaptive, so anyone can use it.
Once you have the collectors edition, go into you account info to enter the code.
Cartel gear is adaptive, I believe. If something looks like what you want, you and always swap the mods out to match your stats.

Grazzt
12.23.2012 , 11:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Cartel gear is adaptive, I believe. If something looks like what you want, you and always swap the mods out to match your stats.
Yes, Cartel Gear is adaptative indeed, but as this Armor was released way before the switch to F2P and Cartel Market, i'm not sure if i'd be able to wear it as a Medium Armor guy ?

I think it's Social Armor though, so it should be ok, if anyone can confirm that ?

DanteDeLaRocha
12.23.2012 , 03:51 PM | #7
Yep all social armor should be Adaptive by now. But if your armor has a definite armor class (i.e. Heavy) you might be out of luck.
The Cookiemonster Legacy, The Shadowlands

Grazzt
12.23.2012 , 04:02 PM | #8
Well, anyway, i just saw the Collector Edition on Amazon listed at about 100
That's a bit expensive just to get an Imperial Armor i think

So, do any of you know any Armor (even crafted) that kinda looks like an Imperial Soldier or Trooper ?

JacksonMo
12.23.2012 , 04:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Grazzt View Post
Yes, Cartel Gear is adaptative indeed, but as this Armor was released way before the switch to F2P and Cartel Market, i'm not sure if i'd be able to wear it as a Medium Armor guy ?

I think it's Social Armor though, so it should be ok, if anyone can confirm that ?
Adaptive means anyone can wear it, and it becomes whatever your tune can use. So you can put on armor as a sith inquisitor (light) and when you don't like the look of it, put it on your tank companion (heavy)
I have a set on both my bounty hunter (heavy) and marauder (medium)

The imperial trooper gear is social armor, as well, but if you can't afford the price of a CE version, the cartel has lots of good choices. A tad expensive, I think, but cheaper than buying the CE version.

Grazzt
12.24.2012 , 02:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
The imperial trooper gear is social armor, as well, but if you can't afford the price of a CE version, the cartel has lots of good choices. A tad expensive, I think, but cheaper than buying the CE version.
Well, it's not so much that i cant afford it, it's just that i think it's too expensive for the actual value you get from it ... If they would include a lifetime sub with it i'd buy it instantly though

Anyway, i've looked into the Cartel gear, but did not find any "Imperial Soldier Armor", the only thing that kinda looks like it would be the Pilot Suit, but it lacks the Sith emblem on the shoulders

So, you're sure that there's no Imperial Armor-looking ingame ? Maybe from a Mission or a Flashpoint or PvP gear or something ?