Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor fight - ***?

longinoch
01.23.2013 , 08:11 PM | #21
Funny I had to try three times to win.

First time I died because I lost track of him for to long
Second time I got swarmed by his clones and my knight was to busy tiring to block to actually attack
Third time still lost T7 but was able to interrupt him and not get swarmed

I have seen everything from he is unbeatable to he was super easy, I thought he was appropriate for my knights final boss.

Also I knew about T7 being my only choice so I took all companion armor and weapon quest awards on Correlia for him. Thus he was well equipped and I did need the equipment in the chest.

Kaarruu
01.29.2013 , 01:29 AM | #22
Lamest boss fight ever. Much like the IA chapter 1 end fight, it pits the character against an entity they should never be able to beat in anything resembling a fair fight... and then the opponent is just another boss, scaled to a manageable level of power for the character's level. Maybe this wasn't quite as bad as the IA example, seeing how the JK is the awesomest Force user ever to pick up a lightsaber, but still.

One-hit kills must be the dumbest excuse for challenge in games. I went into this fight without any knowledge of what was to come (I enjoy stories more with minimal spoilers), so getting paired with seriously undergeared T7 didn't help. Then there was much knockback, swatting illusions and occasionally receiving 42k+ damage. A couple of faceplants later I had figured out what to target and what to interrupt and it was smooth enough from there.

Nothing breaks the flow of a story quite like getting spanked by a boss with shifty mechanics; I certainly understand the frustration of people losing to the Emperor repeatedly. That said, this fight is winnable without too much trouble if the correct tactics are used.

ATAMIANM
02.17.2013 , 01:27 PM | #23
I finally beat the Emperor as level 49 Guardian. The hardest part for me was keeping track of the "real" Emperor. I failed the first4 or 5 times because I lost track of who was who. In the end I just never switched focus by tabbing and kept waling on him till he turned green, and interrupted as often as I could. After that it was easy.

Story-line wise, it made no sense to "require" T7. The mods in the floor really weren't much better than what I had on him (I had transferred all my pre-50 HK-51 gear to T7) and he still went down quickly.

I think it would have made more sense story-wise to have required either Kira (after all she was a fallen Sith) or Scourge.

DarthMat
02.19.2013 , 11:14 AM | #24
It only took me 1 try.....but then again, I used all 6 of my legacy abilities lol. That got him down to like 25-30%

Wilca
02.21.2013 , 12:56 AM | #25
Well I've been going though the jedi knight story at the lowest level I could, I just beat him on my first attempt at level 46, guardian vigilance spec. I never switched targets and t3 also survived with one hp lol.

Kieranjames
07.12.2013 , 06:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by longinoch View Post
Funny I had to try three times to win.

First time I died because I lost track of him for to long
Second time I got swarmed by his clones and my knight was to busy tiring to block to actually attack
Third time still lost T7 but was able to interrupt him and not get swarmed

I have seen everything from he is unbeatable to he was super easy, I thought he was appropriate for my knights final boss.

Also I knew about T7 being my only choice so I took all companion armor and weapon quest awards on Correlia for him. Thus he was well equipped and I did need the equipment in the chest.
what chest?
if they hit us we are dead if they miss us we are dead what great is the odds?

AidanLightwalker
07.14.2013 , 10:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kieranjames View Post
what chest?
There's a chest before the fight, I believe there is a puzzle associated with it. Inside, gear for T7. I personally missed it but didn't have any real issues with the boss, and that was before they nerfed it.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Demothrin
07.28.2013 , 10:58 AM | #28
i just completely focused on the emporer and did fine he was easy lord argos was much harder to beat

Markuslig
07.29.2013 , 02:07 PM | #29
Even i who complain about my sentinel is being weak as **** had absolutely no problem with the emperor... that guy was so disappointing, wasn't even a challenge... they talked him up all through the story and then Wow, what a letdown

zejaie
07.30.2013 , 06:30 AM | #30
I heard a lot of people complain about how hard it was to kill him, I was sorely disappointed. Baras was harder to kill than the emperor was. Did he get nerfed?
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!