Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Community as a whole. discuss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Begeren Colony
The Community as a whole. discuss

hyjaxxx
12.21.2012 , 03:53 PM | #1
Salutations folks. Something that ive noticed during my Time on Begeren is that the chat channels are dead regardless if there are 150 people on a planet. For the health of the server and community as a whole i think everyone needs to make it a point to converse with people outside your immediate circle (guild ect) .

This is more far reaching then just saying hello. from my experience servers that interact as a whole seem to thrive. People want to log on and be active. So the next time you are on. dont hesitate to jump into a conversation and meet some new folks!

what are some other ideas you have to bring our community closer together? lets make it happen!

PoliteAssasin
12.21.2012 , 05:52 PM | #2
Where do you usually frequent? Because while leveling alts or sitting on the fleet, the chat goes by faster than I can keep up with.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

MelliMelon
12.21.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by hyjaxxx View Post
Salutations folks. Something that ive noticed during my Time on Begeren is that the chat channels are dead regardless if there are 150 people on a planet. For the health of the server and community as a whole i think everyone needs to make it a point to converse with people outside your immediate circle (guild ect) .

This is more far reaching then just saying hello. from my experience servers that interact as a whole seem to thrive. People want to log on and be active. So the next time you are on. dont hesitate to jump into a conversation and meet some new folks!

what are some other ideas you have to bring our community closer together? lets make it happen!

Haha, just the other day I was going through class quests on Nar Shadaa, and general was silent, so I typed "NAR SHADAA IS MINE!" which started a fun little discussion in general.

PoliteAssasin
12.21.2012 , 06:20 PM | #4
Lol maybe its different on pub side. Imp side seems fine.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

hyjaxxx
12.21.2012 , 07:15 PM | #5
in fleet you are correct it moves fast and looks something like this

-Buy credits now at www.credz4farm.com
-Geez , all these gold farmerz
-can someone give me some credits
- RePoRtEd!
-OMG "name here" is a Ninja!

Im speaking more in regards to positive community interaction. I really enjoy this game and id love to make more friends while im on. So dont be bashful

( that isnt a real website...dont know why it did a link...lol)

MagnysDarksong
12.21.2012 , 07:34 PM | #6
I play empire and republic both. Have high level and low level toons on both sides. Most of the time I prefer empire, but as far as general conversation and feeling like part of a community, I haven't felt that since I left my first 50 assassin on an old PvE server that's now shadowlands. Republic side, there are always convos going. Just a few nights ago we were discussing dragon age: origins vs. dragon age 2, mass effect trilogy, and other MMOs... There are almost always people willing to help you out with things, Consular in particular. I've had random players offer to run me through a flashpoint if I ask for a group more than twice and they expect nothing in return.

The community itself is thriving, and most of the players here are socializing by making enemies in warzones that turn into friends.

Different kinda of people respond to random conversation starters in most zones, but something silly, or making a comment about something you're frustrated with gets most people talking.

Also, if you're on late, people are mostly half asleep and focusing on not getting squished and not paying much attention to the chat log. Anyway, I hope this was helpful in some small way.
The Revas Order
Atarith, Aethan, Syn'syr, Broxx
Magnys, Sevyn, Chasz, Xerys
The Darksong Legacy

Desiirea
12.22.2012 , 07:44 AM | #7
Cookies are a good way to get people talking on the fleet. But some folks don't understand that. Almost everyone loves cookies and has something to say about them. :P Cookies are a community builder. *nods hard*

(I'll give you all a hint... I barely ever eat cookies IRL. )
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

SweetMegan
12.22.2012 , 11:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Desiirea View Post
(I'll give you all a hint... I barely ever eat cookies IRL. )
I feel sort of ... betrayed. :x
Megan Issues Nicole
Begeren Colony

Desiirea
12.22.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetMegan View Post
I feel sort of ... betrayed. :x
Haha oh I love cookies... i just can't eat them all the time Imaginary ones are a good sub for that *chuckles*
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

hyjaxxx
12.22.2012 , 02:57 PM | #10
Cookies are great! (V^-^)>O

lol its nice to see people interacting! if im online " Lojaxx" dont be afraid to shoot the breeze!