Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Nemisis
12.24.2012 , 03:25 AM | #41
How about a option like The Secret World has, that rewards people who actually bought the game? I mean a player can download the game for free and get the same benefits I do when I bought the digital collector's edition which was around 70 dollars. Focus on keeping your Cartel Market stocked with nice cosmetic items and a new pack a month, and you won't have to worry about charging 15 dollars a month, when people are spending 100 dollars a month on packs and what not. Thats my 2 cents worth anyhow...
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...

Sleprock
12.24.2012 , 05:05 AM | #42
We don't care......spend your time and money doing something useful. And I don't mean having your employees reskin armors over the holidays to have them plastered all over your dismal cartel market....

Goretzu
12.24.2012 , 05:32 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
You'd think they would be trying to draw attention away from all their fail so far this holiday season. Merry Christmas Star Wars fan bioware and ea have a big lump of coal for you in the form of an mmo.
"Merry Christamas Star Wars fans, you can buy a lump of coal for just $18.00 on the Cashshop!!"
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

darklordpotter
12.24.2012 , 05:39 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by willathlon View Post
sometimes, saying sorry is better than no reply...
You expect Bioware to apologise for something? Oh man that's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Bioware doesn't apologise for anything. Ever.

Introduce a patch that causes the game to crash? Must be the fault of the user's computer
Introduce a patch that causes unplayable lag? User's computer needs upgrading
Break features they have advertised? They are "investigating" or they are "aware"
Point out that they have been promising to do hood down Jedi robes for a year but it proved too "technically challenging" until of course they could charge for it? Be excited about the new content!

It's not a bug it's a feature!

And of course never forget they're not gouging...but they're charging.

gibmachine
12.24.2012 , 07:43 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
Yes please. About time I stopped looking like a cartoon reject and started sporting proper marauder look WHICH WAS ADVERTISED IN ALL THE PROMO MATERIAL.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

AlyxDinas
12.24.2012 , 04:46 PM | #46
What do I think? I think your prices are inflated and I think your preferred customer program is still too stringent. And I say this as a subscriber. I understand a desire to meet a bottom line but some items, if you convert them to their value in USD or other currency, are just...wow....

The Cartel Market is exciting and microtransations are going to bolster your revenue in a major way but there's a responsible way to go about it and an irresponsible way. You're tilted far more to the latter end of the scale, both in terms of your store and your actual FTP/'Preferred Status' options. The balance has not been struck.

Also, three words: Live Events Team.

There was a person giving out free Life Day gifts on the Fleet of my server, in character. All that took was one person and it made things feel alive! And one person who couldn't, say, just add items randomly to inventories to hand out.

I hosted a swoop race on my server. Big cash rewards, people using Imp/Rep banners as checkpoint markers. Three tiers of racing. And it took barely five people to run! I understand the desire to allocate resources to new content and (insultingly) new cartel packs but your game world is DEAD without the efforts of players.

Look at your competition! Other games have legitimate holiday events. We get things to BUY. Other games celebrate their first year with aplomb. You gave out fireworks.

Heck, I will volunteer to be on your events team, if it exists, free of charge. Because if people are doing their work for them, you might as well just admit that we're on your staff.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Sleprock
12.24.2012 , 11:07 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
What do I think? I think your prices are inflated and I think your preferred customer program is still too stringent. And I say this as a subscriber. I understand a desire to meet a bottom line but some items, if you convert them to their value in USD or other currency, are just...wow....

The Cartel Market is exciting and microtransations are going to bolster your revenue in a major way but there's a responsible way to go about it and an irresponsible way. You're tilted far more to the latter end of the scale, both in terms of your store and your actual FTP/'Preferred Status' options. The balance has not been struck.

Also, three words: Live Events Team.

There was a person giving out free Life Day gifts on the Fleet of my server, in character. All that took was one person and it made things feel alive! And one person who couldn't, say, just add items randomly to inventories to hand out.

I hosted a swoop race on my server. Big cash rewards, people using Imp/Rep banners as checkpoint markers. Three tiers of racing. And it took barely five people to run! I understand the desire to allocate resources to new content and (insultingly) new cartel packs but your game world is DEAD without the efforts of players.

Look at your competition! Other games have legitimate holiday events. We get things to BUY. Other games celebrate their first year with aplomb. You gave out fireworks.

Heck, I will volunteer to be on your events team, if it exists, free of charge. Because if people are doing their work for them, you might as well just admit that we're on your staff.
best post yet.

linktoheaven
12.25.2012 , 03:26 PM | #48
They only listen to one type of feedback, the amount of money they are getting.

This is the worst F2P model, even tho it was one of first to give whole story content it does not stand out by any part other then being insulting.

Thumb up for all people that gave constructive feedback on how bad they are doing but i dont have time to waste for that since they are not listening.

As i said they only listen to feedback about money they are getting. They might listen if they stop getting money or they might shut it down. EA should really think about their relationship to their customers because they are going to lose them.

They ruined Mass Effect 3, they ruined SWTOR, maybe they ruined another game that i havent played yet, and now im not holding my thumbs for any of their new games.

darklordpotter
12.26.2012 , 07:12 AM | #49
DA2 wrecked purely because it was released way too early

republicrookie
12.26.2012 , 01:19 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
good video. i liked it
I would've liked to if my computer would load the video
Why do I always feel like the Trooper isn't loved. What's not to like about awesome armor (besides the BH armor) and massive assault cannons?