Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

johnxtreeme
12.19.2012 , 06:46 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

Like I said it's possible since the expansion revolves around the Hutts and Varl was intended for 1.4. If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.
You have to realise that their team size has been drastically cut since launch. Of course things will take longer to release now.

weapon_x
12.19.2012 , 07:47 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
SWTOR: 1 new planet, 5 new levels

WoW: 1 new continent, 5 new levels

Umm... You were saying?
When you can fit multiple TOR "planets" into one WoW continent, it kind of invalidates your argument.
Veteran Bria player

Vlacke
12.19.2012 , 08:06 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
lol optimistic are you

my money is one Quesh size

Id actually be over joyed if its Tattoine or Hoth size

but deep down in gut I know its Quesh size planet
Quesh size, seriously?
You haters need to come up with more quality troll ammo.
Telcontar Legacy

Larity
12.19.2012 , 08:15 AM | #114
Heres where I chime in and mention galaxies.

Heres Kashyyk. Welp, there ya go.

oh and

Heres Mustafar. Welp, there ya go.

AllisonBerryman
12.19.2012 , 12:08 PM | #115 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Orlesian
12.19.2012 , 12:09 PM | #116
Oooh, new Datacrons! I wonder if there is going to be hidden pets to aquire as well?
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

darklordpotter
12.19.2012 , 12:12 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
So its Belsavis except with no class story then.

Lord_Karsk
12.19.2012 , 12:13 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
That does sound nice indeed. And i am most exited if there is actually some sandbox elements.
Also we really need a social area on Makeb with all the vendors we needso we can get away from fleet.

miglor
12.19.2012 , 12:19 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
Especially since it was suppose to be FREE anyway.

BW, if anything, are amazing LIARS.

miglor
12.19.2012 , 12:20 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
True, in most MMO's, an expansion covers at most an eighth of a planet.
Because each planet is so large right? Not composed of 4-5 small zones at all. Like all the other MMOS.

/sarcasm