Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel new packs error

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mattycutts
12.18.2012 , 06:48 AM | #1
Hi

I recently purchased a few of the new packs available, and one of the things i received i am not happy about,

I got a new droid customazation making it a training dummy or something, the problem is its for the droid that is avaialble to republic only chars and i am a empire player. Alos its bound on pickup from the pack so i cant even send it to a republic char or sell it.

Please advice if i will get a refund / exchange for new pack or will alter this item asap to bound on equip?

Thanks for any reply.

Biosheep
12.18.2012 , 06:53 AM | #2
I have the same problem opposite you and just posted in this forum a few mins ago. When I opened a ticket in game, i was told that the report was forwarded to some other department, that I would not receive any more answers about it, and just check the patch every time to see if it was changed/fixed.

Himeji_Endless
12.18.2012 , 06:55 AM | #3
This just shows poor thought and planning on the dev side for usability - they just like screwing w/ us ya!

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

mattycutts
12.18.2012 , 07:24 AM | #4
Actually liked look of it when i first saw it, something to perhaps make my normal ship droid look a little different to rest so would be happy if they added the empire droid onto it also. and it should never have been bind on pickup since that limits which of my chars gets it and basically means ive wasted money so i hope i havnt bioware. I love this game but i will never except having my money ripped off...

Tiggy
12.18.2012 , 07:35 AM | #5
Most of the pack items start bound and are so for a day and a half and then become unbound.
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

Biosheep
12.18.2012 , 07:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
Most of the pack items start bound and are so for a day and a half and then become unbound.
Most are, but for some reason the ship droid and a few other adaptive armor pieces are not acting this way. They are binding immediately without being equipped/bound manually.

Tiggy
12.18.2012 , 07:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Biosheep View Post
Most are, but for some reason the ship droid and a few other adaptive armor pieces are not acting this way. They are binding immediately without being equipped/bound manually.
So they have no "this item is bound for blah number of hours"? If so then yes, I agree it needs to be fixed asap.
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

Dreamkeeper
12.18.2012 , 07:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
This. If you look carefully, you will see it saying something like:
"This item is bound to you for 1d 8 hours."

...Simply a "waiting period" before you can sell it at GTN or mail to an alt or anything.
( Remember, you can also mail to your alts even if they are at the opposite faction. )
"TOR is not designed for hardcore gamers, but for Star Wars, RPG and BioWare -Fans." -Bioware
"Collector's Edition Elitism": Makes you a VIP, better person, and "more right" than anyone else? Why else would you boast about it so?

Dreamkeeper
12.18.2012 , 07:43 AM | #9
(( Double post, deleted. ))

Biosheep
12.18.2012 , 07:44 AM | #10
There is no timer. it just goes straight to bound. It does not unlock after the day and a half like everything else.

*edit. I waited to see if it would unbind with the other items in the pack and that it was just a tooltip error not showing the timer. Many days later, the item is still bound.