Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A answer from Bioware would be nice(( spoiler alert))

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
A answer from Bioware would be nice(( spoiler alert))

CrazyOldMystic
12.14.2012 , 03:04 AM | #1
I have posted this question/point twice already, and each time I get a different answer. Before I decided on just sticking to two troopers. I experienced the sith story line. My impressions was that the sith, as well as the republic were being played by the Emperor. By being played I mean fighting a fake war, well the Emperor has his plans for something far more destructive then a conventional war with the republic. If this is true I can not believe he would allow himself to be found by the Jedi and killed.

Explanations ive heard on this range from the one the JKs kill was a decoy, to he really was killed, to tonight's he just keeps getting revived. I haven't heard nor seen any official word about this from bioware. Personally I hope he is not dead, just would be so wrong for the star wars universe to have the emperor dead, especially in the old republic.

AlexDougherty
12.14.2012 , 04:54 AM | #2
As I understand it, nobody gets to kill the emperor, both the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior look like they kill him, but actually don't. However I could be wrong.

As for getting an answer from bioware, not going to happen, they want some mystery involved. You might get an answer on a minor plot point, but definately not about the overall arc.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

_Darkstar
12.14.2012 , 05:18 AM | #3
If F2P brings enough money to continue the story properly then you didn't kill the Emperor. If the game dies then you did and it is all your fault
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

CrazyOldMystic
12.14.2012 , 11:08 AM | #4
Doh I hate not knowing the ending. So from what I understand the question is up in the air, and I should just let JKs keep on believing they killed the emperor.

georgethomtas
12.14.2012 , 02:24 PM | #5
Eh... having played the JK and the SW to 50 I know that the JK kills one of the voices, the Emperor plays every side (Technically making the SW wanted by both the Empire and Republic if the Emperor's plan comes to light)
'The force was with me as usual'
Gotta love the jedi knight

Athena-Nike
12.14.2012 , 04:11 PM | #6
I believe the JK does kill the emperor physically but he has his Voice/Wrath/Hands and children all of whom he's imbued with his essence. So the JK kills the physical manifestation of the Emperor but his power and spirit live on in those vessels and can/do later get reborn in a new body.

CondemnedMarine
12.14.2012 , 04:42 PM | #7
Spoiler

CrazyOldMystic
12.15.2012 , 02:37 AM | #8
I can go with this. So pretty much he is a parasite of the darkside, no real physical body, and takes control of anyone he chooses. Although I still think that the sith was being played, by the emperor, the one that had the vision of the Emperor destroying the entire galaxy. Though I think the Emperor has plans for the galaxy, I do not think his ultimate goal is to destroy everything, or become the only immortal being. I just get the feeling its something more sinister. Its defiantly clear he is playing the Jedi order, sith order, the empires military, and the republic military.

Trixdope
12.15.2012 , 03:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
I believe the JK does kill the emperor physically but he has his Voice/Wrath/Hands and children all of whom he's imbued with his essence. So the JK kills the physical manifestation of the Emperor but his power and spirit live on in those vessels and can/do later get reborn in a new body.
No. He just killed one of the emperors voices's. The real emperor has black eyes...did the dude you killed look like he has black eyes?

Mawduce
12.17.2012 , 01:16 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
As I understand it, nobody gets to kill the emperor, both the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior look like they kill him, but actually don't. However I could be wrong.

As for getting an answer from bioware, not going to happen, they want some mystery involved. You might get an answer on a minor plot point, but definately not about the overall arc.
yea you couldn't be more wrong.
Spoiler
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...