Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ??????????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ??????????
 

sir-rob's Avatar


sir-rob
12.14.2012 , 09:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by azzhealy View Post
I was just showing you rob, the same consideration you showed us when you walked around in warzones or sat in the corner refusing to play or even contribute to your team because of your views on people pvping as a 4 man team. You have been nothing but a disadvantage to any team you were on and now suddenly you have found the forums and have a place to raise your views and now we are meant to care or listen? I think of you as nothing better than a **** in the bed.

I don't know what your talking about in "giving me crap" for having people level my toons. I really don't remember speaking to you other then your rants and raves about you deserve ranked warzones and we shouldn't go out on weekends. But if you did don't stress I didn't remember this conversation, but in my defense I haven't been unemployed for 2 years from breaking my back at the pillow factory, I have been employed by the Australian Army for the last 5 years and had only gotten back from an 8 month deployment to Afghanistan at the start of this year, so cut me some slack.
ok mate first of all. the only time i sat down/walked around was because i was geting pissed and angery at always playing mvp and other pre made and get my kicked as all you guy when off to gw2 then i agro quit your guild so i didn't give it a bad name i thought i was doing the right thing i then maned up said i was sorry got on chat server and you guys were telling me i had to play the game your way even if i was qued solo i pay to play this my way not your way in a normal war zone when i solo que. i was more then happy to play porper when grouped or in ranked . I only did what your saying that one weekend since then i always give 100% even if its ppl i don;t get along with . also iam a stay at home dad so sametime i have to stop during a wz to deal with my kids iam sorry if you don't like that but my kids came first . well i don't know what i have done to piss you guys off but iam sorry i have never given anyone crap about how they play the game each to there own i only give **** to geared groups and i mean it in a fun way iam just venting. and i only start when ppl in premade laugh at us for smashing us hello your a premade you should win. all i was asking in this thread was why ppl don't play ranked now i know why so bioware need to fix it .
thank you once again sorry that i pissed you off.

Greggo's Avatar


Greggo
12.14.2012 , 09:51 PM | #22
I've had to afk from time to time in warzones too, although when I do, I don't /sit in the middle and make a point of not doing anything because i'm in a wz with certain guilds...

Don't blame your kids for your mistakes or bad decisions.
Evewyns - Ootini Knights
Martian - Ootini Rage
Harbinger
Ex-Dalborra

Didy_Kush's Avatar


Didy_Kush
12.14.2012 , 10:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sir-rob View Post
all i was asking in this thread was why ppl don't play ranked now i know why so bioware need to fix it .
Server merges or transfers

/Thread!

Toxicsox's Avatar


Toxicsox
12.15.2012 , 03:24 AM | #24
You say people farm normal warzones. I am sorry but I do believe that this is a game. When I pvp I am not farming coms, I mean sure, they slowly pile up and i am getting the new gear but with a +1 stat upgrade on most items, I'm not missing out on sleep in order to quickly get it.
I don't do pve, I pvp, I do warzones because I enjoy having a few chilled games. I also like to play with my guildies. Just so we are clear on the issue, MVP don't form a 8 man ops group and all time our games to pop together. In face, if there is more than one group playing we normally play MVP vrs MVP rather than 8 man MVP against pugs. To the people who complain about facing pre-mades, I only play solo on my sorc, and I still manage to win games.
(BTW I would do more ranked games but most people won't play more than 1 or 2 games against MVP, Big shout out to terra for having the balls to keep going)
Toknchik Legacy

sir-rob's Avatar


sir-rob
12.15.2012 , 07:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
I've had to afk from time to time in warzones too, although when I do, I don't /sit in the middle and make a point of not doing anything because i'm in a wz with certain guilds...

Don't blame your kids for your mistakes or bad decisions.
yes same time i have given up and sit down in a wz but it only when i have been playing againt the same premade team all day and over being smashed and it usely only once i know it a white wash why waste my time feeding same ones ego

Penang's Avatar


Penang
12.15.2012 , 10:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by sir-rob View Post
yes same time i have given up and sit down in a wz but it only when i have been playing againt the same premade team all day and over being smashed and it usely only once i know it a white wash why waste my time feeding same ones ego
If the game can be won why even do this? I understand your frustration. Just 3 days ago, SnX + you ran a powertech heavy group that absolutely smashed us over and over again. Was it frustrating? You bet it was. But we kept going back for more and guess what? we lost so many times but that 1 civil war game was won by us simply because we did not give up and used carefully timed interrupts to stop cappers.
Rhalkirr - Dalborra - Vanguard
Ar'kael - Dalborra - Scoundrel Healer
A Little Bit Gimp

Greggo's Avatar


Greggo
12.15.2012 , 03:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by sir-rob View Post
yes same time i have given up and sit down in a wz but it only when i have been playing againt the same premade team all day and over being smashed and it usely only once i know it a white wash why waste my time feeding same ones ego
If you don't want to get smashed, quit. Let someone else into the wz who will actually keep trying until the end.
Evewyns - Ootini Knights
Martian - Ootini Rage
Harbinger
Ex-Dalborra

Timbohh's Avatar


Timbohh
12.15.2012 , 05:09 PM | #28
Ok i think this has gone on long enough.

Rob: im glad you got your question answered. As for in warzones, personally the most annoying and frustrating part for me is that i know you can play to objectives and hold your own. Ive seen you do it. The fact that so frequently you give up, or say things like "im not even going to call if they come to my node" and then just sit there and watch them cap it, is probably why there is such a sour attitude towards you by most people.

If you would just pull your head in and keep trying and playing properly no matter the score, youd probably find people would invite you to things like ranked, instead of dismissing you. Because lets face it, all warzones can be won by either team until the scoreboard pops up, and as a geared assassin you can change games if played right.

Tl;dr: think of normal warzones of a test of character. And who knows, you could become a game changer and be wanted for ranked.

/thread
Timboh, Timbohh, Idzol, Lozdi, Werthless
The Wins Legacy
"I'm a lover AND a fighter... simultaneously"

sir-rob's Avatar


sir-rob
12.15.2012 , 05:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Timbohh View Post
Ok i think this has gone on long enough.

Rob: im glad you got your question answered. As for in warzones, personally the most annoying and frustrating part for me is that i know you can play to objectives and hold your own. Ive seen you do it. The fact that so frequently you give up, or say things like "im not even going to call if they come to my node" and then just sit there and watch them cap it, is probably why there is such a sour attitude towards you by most people.

If you would just pull your head in and keep trying and playing properly no matter the score, youd probably find people would invite you to things like ranked, instead of dismissing you. Because lets face it, all warzones can be won by either team until the scoreboard pops up, and as a geared assassin you can change games if played right.

Tl;dr: think of normal warzones of a test of character. And who knows, you could become a game changer and be wanted for ranked.

/thread
ok i have stoped doing that **** now anyways so why are we goin on about it i give 100% and the only time i said iam not going to call for my nod was when same one in your quild said i was a crap pvper and to not leave me at the nod alone .also i stoped helping yous there for a bit because members in your kept saying i was a crap pvp player and buying the wrong gear whispering me saying i was **** and to stop queing iam sorry but that kinda pissed me off for a bit there . iam over it now and i play properly now i don't know if iam good or not iam new to mmos and i belive i do damn well in warzones and have fun is that not what a games about .

so can we all move on from this i don't do that **** any more and i now give 110 % if you ever see me siting down it is because i need to deal with real life **** and still want my coms so i don't want to leave wz.

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
12.15.2012 , 07:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sir-rob View Post
Ok iam not here to start crap but i just want to understand it. i don't get why people who are more then able to play ranked would choose to group up and play normal war zone. when i would much rather play ranked if i could. don't say it because there are no pops because if every one that made premade in normal joined up ans played ranked there would be plenty of pops. i just don't get how smashing a team is fun for me a fun game is one that is a close win like a hutt ball game that is right down to the last sec as anyones game or a denova coast that is like 0 to 2 % not a three cap win all a 6 socre in like 5 min in huttball. also how is exchanceing 30 normal coms for 10 ranked coms is worth it. when if you just played ranked you get all ranked coms and if for same reason you did need normal coms you can exchance 10 ranked for 10 normal. so my question is WHY FARM NORMAL WAR ZONES WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM DOING SO??????????????????????????

P.s iam not talking about people trying to gear up iam talking about people who are in war hero gear or better and when there are 3 or more of the same guild in the warzone in other words a premade team .

pup toons farrob (sent) , farkir (sage), robpaul (gunslinger), lillymae (smuggler), phoebemaree (vangarad)

imp toons rprat (marauder), mr'rat (sniper) lm'rat(operative), dirtyrat(mercenary), mjrat(assassin)
mrmjrat(powertech)

maybe i have pissed of same people and said same thing i shouldn't have and iam sorry for that.
Hi Farrob remember me? It's Jiirn the guy who removed you from the guild. Guess what the the fact is it takes time to get War Hero gear and now even more so now that their is Elite War Hero. People HAVE to farm normal warzones and to be honest ranked is not actually that fun. I have almost full War Hero on my guardian and I prefer doing normal warzones because I feel they are more fun and you get the occasional randoms. But with ranked you get the same premade and it is simply not fun.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche