Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So now people can get the Longspur STAP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So now people can get the Longspur STAP

Zem_
12.11.2012 , 01:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Panthian View Post
Maybe its just me.. but I really cant tell if the OP is serious or trolling.
I hope he is trolling...
Considering his follow-ups are just the usual complaints implying anyone who disagrees are merely fanboys... yeah, I'd go with troll. The fact that STAPs have always been real money purchases of one kind or another is a valid point.

It's quite common for special edition exclusives NOT to be exclusive forever. You get to have them and enjoy them for a decent period of time before anyone else can, and that ought to be good enough. This is hardly the first game to do this. If this bothers anyone it should probably serve as a lesson for future collector's edition game purchases in general.

AboB
12.11.2012 , 01:50 PM | #22
Horray! Now I, a valued paying member of the community, can purchase and flaunt an item that is relatively exclusive!
I won't ride it past the OP.

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 02:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post
I dont even know why i bothered posting in here. I should have known better.....

shame on me for buying the collector's edition. shame on me.
Really? I bought the CE cause of all the cool stuff that came included in the price - exclusivity means squat to me. If someone spent an extra $5 for a STAP, then so be it. I got mine with the price of purchase. Check your Epeen at the door - in the end, most people don't care about yours.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Valethar
12.11.2012 , 02:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post

I posted several times before the game launched not to buy the CE version just for in game items because those items will become available later down the road to all players, usually as a different color.... Standard MMO practice..
I think what pisses off most of them is that BioWare whored out the CE 'exclusives' as a $5 purchase for anyone to get. They didn't even have the grace to recolor them, just straight up merced the CE players.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Sleprock
12.11.2012 , 05:21 PM | #25
Just a matter of time before the imperial trooper and republic officer uniforms are pay2wear.

I want updates to the collector's vendor also and not just to the cartel market. Show those who bought into your "collector's edition" that we meant something. We deserve something special to tell us apart from the usual crowd running and trolling around fleet. I'm just saying it would be nice since we took the extra step in supporting your great game early on. I am not trolling and ************( to an extend , maybe). I am just sick of items that I either worked my *** off for, or payed for are being passed out like smarties. I am not hating on people who disagree, it's just simple minds are hard to widen I guess.

But whatever. The fact is I'm still here after some many whiners left.

Listerman
12.11.2012 , 05:33 PM | #26
I dont even know why i bothered posting in here. I should have known better.....

shame on me for buying the collector's edition. shame on me.
...I think it would help if your kind stopped thinking you were so special.

The Three Tiers of SWTOR--

1- Those who bought the Collectors Edition- Looks down on tiers 2 and 3, and think they are owed something for their "investment".
2- Regular Subscribers- A unique division that either just wants to play the game and enjoy it, and those that detest Tier 1, and looks down on Tier 3.
3- The Free 2 Play players- They just wanna play the damn game, stop hassling them, it makes you look like a self-centered [censored]-bag.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

JimG
12.11.2012 , 06:33 PM | #27
Kind of annoyed that pay2winners can get a gold STAP. When you seen one going by you knew right away they were collector's or DD players. Now I gotta take a closer look. I usually never complain about the game, but damn bioware..... Keep some items exclusive and stop handing out items that represented something. Another example would be the flight suits. Shame to all those who worked their butts off in space missions to get it and now pay2winners can buy it.
Agreed on the spaceship gear....but the STAP is a different color...it's not the same item. Besides, if you think people thought you were cool because you were riding around in that STAP, then only in your own mind. I'm so sick of seeing that STAP on all my alts, lol....kept using it because it was free.....glad to have other speeders to use on my toons now.

Alec_Fortescue
12.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #28
Not only CE stap model is no longer exclusive but the cartel pack ones are looking even more exclusive. The thing is... Golden :/

I got one...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.