Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gaining affection with your ally's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Gaining affection with your ally's

Roughneck
12.11.2012 , 02:55 AM | #1
I'm raising a Light side Shadow. and currently use my Healer pet, but every lightside choose I have made, I loss affection with him. Whats the best way to gain affection whit him and the other ally's of the Jedi Counselor?
Embrace the Dark Side:

Chars: Kor'anor: LVL 55 Lighting Sorcerer: http://http://www.torhead.com/skill-...rrdRbcorsZfM.3

jypsostarchaser
12.11.2012 , 04:10 AM | #2
Healer as in the C2 droid?
The Starember Legacy

Roughneck
12.11.2012 , 04:19 AM | #3
no I mean Therax, the one you get on Nar Shaddaa
Embrace the Dark Side:

Chars: Kor'anor: LVL 55 Lighting Sorcerer: http://http://www.torhead.com/skill-...rrdRbcorsZfM.3

Kitru
12.11.2012 , 04:55 AM | #4
Gifts, specifically Luxury and Technology gifts. Barring that, you've got to remember that Tharan is a coward, has a great distaste for the Force or destroying any kind of technology, whether it could be used for evil purposes or not. To keep Tharan happy, you've pretty much got to abandon the persona of the Jedi Mystic and become something closer to the pragmatic, scientific mind that Tharan espouses. If you don't wanna do that, just bribe the bejeebus out of him with the aforementioned companion gifts (that's what I did).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

jypsostarchaser
12.11.2012 , 11:52 AM | #5
Tharan also loves it when you flirt with women if you're a male character, but if you're a female character, just be extra nice to the other lady NPCs you meet and he'll approve.

He also likes it when you accept rewards, not because he's greedy but because he likes good deals. If you get someone to give you a reward without actually helping them, he loves that too.
The Starember Legacy

Sylvatica
12.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #6
Is the droid a good companion for healing? Let's say I don't want to use Therax, can I use the droid of my ship for healing? =)
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

Kitru
12.11.2012 , 06:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvatica View Post
Is the droid a good companion for healing? Let's say I don't want to use Therax, can I use the droid of my ship for healing? =)
No, he's not. Even if you gear him up, he can't equip a weapon or offhand item, which means that he's missing a *massive* amount of tech power so his heals will always be worse than what they should be, not to mention that it's almost impossible to find gear for him from quests after Taris, made even more annoying by the fact that, as a droid, a vast majority of the gear you *do* see for him will be itemized for a tank, rather than a healer.
My New Class Idea

Sylvatica
12.12.2012 , 03:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
No, he's not. Even if you gear him up, he can't equip a weapon or offhand item, which means that he's missing a *massive* amount of tech power so his heals will always be worse than what they should be, not to mention that it's almost impossible to find gear for him from quests after Taris, made even more annoying by the fact that, as a droid, a vast majority of the gear you *do* see for him will be itemized for a tank, rather than a healer.
So Therax is the healer companion for the Shadow/Sage? Bleh, he doesn't fit my story at all, being a coward, accepting rewards and such ><

Thanks for the reply mate!!
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

Kariella
12.12.2012 , 12:23 PM | #9
dismiss your pet before turning in the quest?
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

Kitru
12.12.2012 , 12:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kariella View Post
dismiss your pet before turning in the quest?
Actually, you have to dismiss your companion before doing any conversation that could drop their affection and, even then, I've experienced situations where, even when dismissed, the companion you had active previous counts as being there even if they were dismissed. The only way to assure that the relevant companion doesn't get counted is to summon a different companion that doesn't have a problem with your choices.
My New Class Idea