Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Re: Hood toggling - I found a headpiece that does it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Re: Hood toggling - I found a headpiece that does it

Andryah
12.10.2012 , 10:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
They have a chest piece that is invisible. They could do the same thing for a head piece and place it in the store.
Excellent idea!

They would sell a truck load of those. 'course they will be sneaky about it and put it in the packs. But at least I can buy off the GTN then.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

erei
12.10.2012 , 11:11 PM | #12
BW said the hood toggle is not in game beacause it's difficult to code. However, there is several items already ingame which remove the hood. They probably fired the people responsible for those items, and don't know how to do it again I suppose.
Joke aside, as I said the hood toggle is already ingame and active with some helmet. Why not available for all of them ?

ConradLionhart
12.10.2012 , 11:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
BW said the hood toggle is not in game beacause it's difficult to code. However, there is several items already ingame which remove the hood. They probably fired the people responsible for those items, and don't know how to do it again I suppose.
Joke aside, as I said the hood toggle is already ingame and active with some helmet. Why not available for all of them ?
They probably want to do a proper hood toggle where if you toggle it off, it will be folded nicely behind you or something.

Right now what the headpiece does is remove it totally.

But I can live with that. I don't really need a proper hood toggle. This can be something they can code just to tide things over till we get a proper one.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

erei
12.11.2012 , 12:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
They probably want to do a proper hood toggle where if you toggle it off, it will be folded nicely behind you or something.

But I can live with that. I don't really need a proper hood toggle. This can be something they can code just to tide things over till we get a proper one.
They can add the remove all hood toggle, and work on the folded hood. Hood toggle is better than none, even if you have to wait for the folded hood.

ConradLionhart
12.11.2012 , 12:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
They can add the remove all hood toggle, and work on the folded hood. Hood toggle is better than none, even if you have to wait for the folded hood.
Yeah there's a reason why I have a hairstyle. I want to show it.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

LordArtemis
12.11.2012 , 01:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Excellent idea!

They would sell a truck load of those. 'course they will be sneaky about it and put it in the packs. But at least I can buy off the GTN then.
Thanks Andryah. Even if they put it in packs I still think it would be a good deal. After all, people will buy the packs and perhaps put them on the GTN, so other folks will still be able to get them

Polebreaker
12.11.2012 , 01:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post

Funnily enough, this is something that was suggested rather a few months ago not long after the last information we got about it was posted by a former employee....

Alec_Fortescue
12.11.2012 , 03:38 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I apologize if this is known already. But like many, I have wanted a way to toggle off the hoods of various robes in the game. Recently my Jedi Guardian came across:

[Prototype] Elder Vindicator's Headgear as a random drop

The piece is a very large visor that wraps around the eyes. But surprisingly, it makes any hood disappear. I have tried it with a dozens hooded robes and it always works. I'm hoping that whatever is making it do that, will allow the devs to do that with all headpieces. I think the only problem is that you don't have a choice. If you show this headpiece, the hood will be removed.
Honestly... /facepalm
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Master-Nala
12.11.2012 , 09:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
They have a chest piece that is invisible. They could do the same thing for a head piece and place it in the store.
Agreed. And if they made it reasonably priced it might lead folks to have some patience while waiting for a permanent solution.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni, Hard-Top, Arbaaz & Psionicist
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami (BH), Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thefia, & Chisami (IA)

Alec_Fortescue
12.11.2012 , 09:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Agreed. And if they made it reasonably priced it might lead folks to have some patience while waiting for a permanent solution.
Why not just place robes with hoods down? This is ridiculous. They're actually putting robes with two hoods right now. Look at Revan's and Pathfinder chestpieces from the cartel market.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware