Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Re: Hood toggling - I found a headpiece that does it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Re: Hood toggling - I found a headpiece that does it

Master-Nala
12.10.2012 , 09:22 PM | #1
I apologize if this is known already. But like many, I have wanted a way to toggle off the hoods of various robes in the game. Recently my Jedi Guardian came across:

[Prototype] Elder Vindicator's Headgear as a random drop

The piece is a very large visor that wraps around the eyes. But surprisingly, it makes any hood disappear. I have tried it with a dozens hooded robes and it always works. I'm hoping that whatever is making it do that, will allow the devs to do that with all headpieces. I think the only problem is that you don't have a choice. If you show this headpiece, the hood will be removed.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infiltration

JPLaro
12.10.2012 , 09:25 PM | #2
Yeah there is a couple of headgears like this one that does that.

The problem now is that you dont see your eyes.

I loved this thing when I first got it (you can get 1 with legacy gear so you can hide the hood from lvl 10-50)

The problem is: you have to wear that visor if you want to hide the hood.

Plus would be nice if the hood was actually down and not just hidden.

Seravie
12.10.2012 , 09:26 PM | #3
Finally finds a piece of gear that does it.

BW:"You can now toggle hoods!"
Those who seek attention and post they are unsubbing are much like wailing babies wanting attention.

Nythain
12.10.2012 , 09:27 PM | #4
Is a nice discovery, especially for any of us that would rather look at a headpiece than have a hood up. As far as the tech/ability for devs to implement a hood toggle, they implemented hood down versions of all the robes a while ago, specifically to get around twi'lek lekku issues. If you play a twi'lek, any robe you wear will be head down. At that point it was clear they had the code and the secondary models/textures to do it... i was actually sad when i returned from a break to find they still haven't added that option.

Selvec
12.10.2012 , 09:29 PM | #5
Most of the sith headgear does this.
We want action regarding low player numbers on Oceania servers!
Sign this petition if you agree.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ea-b...mbers-problems

DarkDisturbed
12.10.2012 , 09:33 PM | #6
There are at least 2-3 headgears that do this with heavy, medium, and light armor.

Estelindis
12.10.2012 , 09:38 PM | #7
In terms of Republic appearances, quite a few circlets do the job. Synthwoven heavy level 31, medium 31, and light 19 all cover it. The same is true of random drops that use these models, e.g. guardian headgear from Athisss. These circets do not hide the eyes but still cause the hood to vanish (not go down, unfortunately).

Andryah
12.10.2012 , 10:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
In terms of Republic appearances, quite a few circlets do the job. Synthwoven heavy level 31, medium 31, and light 19 all cover it. The same is true of random drops that use these models, e.g. guardian headgear from Athisss. These circets do not hide the eyes but still cause the hood to vanish (not go down, unfortunately).
Yep yep.

Character preview while browsing the GTN, and you will see which do and which do not.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

LordArtemis
12.10.2012 , 10:25 PM | #9
They have a chest piece that is invisible. They could do the same thing for a head piece and place it in the store.

Lintman
12.10.2012 , 10:31 PM | #10
On my guardian I use Saber Initiate's headgear

http://www.torhead.com/item/7x4DSfL/...iates-headgear

Drops in Athis and on pub side it is a circlet that puts your hood down. I think their is a consular specific circlet that also puts your head down don't remember it's name just know that I have it on my consular. Basically if you want one that doesn't cover your eyes just go to the GTN and preview every custom circlet until you find one that puts your hood down.