disappearing companions

JunkyardWolf

OK this is getting annoying as ...well you know. Why do my companions keep disappearing? happens no matter what charactor i'm running, every 10-15 minutes i notice i have lost my companion......well not lost...i know where they are,according to my map they are with me,but i'l be dipped if i can see em. This keeps happening durring fights. And from what i see in chat i aint the only one. didnt happen until the last patch or 2. and ya i know "just dismiss them and then call em back". ya ya,i shouldnt have to keep doing that.

Yeah I have noticed the same thing began to happen to me after the last game update and it is annoying, but it doesn't only happen to my companions sometimes enemy NPC do it so they can fire at me but I sure can't fire back. Its like they just fall through the floor. I hope they fix this soon. Edited by Obi-Jon

OK this is getting annoying as ...well you know. Why do my companions keep disappearing? happens no matter what charactor i'm running, every 10-15 minutes i notice i have lost my companion......well not lost...i know where they are,according to my map they are with me,but i'l be dipped if i can see em. This keeps happening durring fights. And from what i see in chat i aint the only one. didnt happen until the last patch or 2. and ya i know "just dismiss them and then call em back". ya ya,i shouldnt have to keep doing that.

Perhaps you need to establish a dialog with your companions? Explain to them your needs in the relationship. Ask them about their needs and listen to them. Try not to judge, just listen to their reasons for leaving you that way and try to understand their motivations. A lot of times these kinds of behaviors are a result of misunderstanding of a companions motivations, not an intentional slight to you. Passive aggressive actions, such as leaving during a fight, can usually be traced to a defensive instinct, a desire to protect themselves or avoid conflict. Let your companion know how this makes you feel. You will likely find your companion much more reliable if you can communicate your emotional reaction to this abandonment.

Good luck to you! May the force be with you...:t_angel:

Yeah I have noticed the same thing began to happen to me after the last game update and it is annoying, but it doesn't only happen to my companions sometimes enemy NPC do it so they can fire at me but I sure can't fire back. Its like they just fall through the floor. I hope they fix this soon.

And here i am, decided to level an assassin a bit after a break... i guess my break has to last longer now, at least until the fix.

Edited by Trollokdamus

I haven't experienced the disappearing companion thankfully, BUT what I have seen a lot of, is when I am on my speeder and force leap to a mob, all of the buffs are gone from my companion. Gone.

So now, I have to dismount, wait 4 seconds for their buffs to appear, then engage in combat.

Would be nice if they can address the many companion issues, especially the one where if you're not the party leader, you have to keep re-summoning your companion every time you zone.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this will help:

If you do certain things, your companion disappears, as per game-design:

1) Using a taxi or your own speeder.

2) Changing instance in an area/planet.

**** This includes map-instances, some elevators/floors, some doors.

Now, if you are solo'ing content with your companion, there is an in-game-design command that automatically makes your companion reappear. It would be time-consumming, boring and absolutely not-fun to have to re-summon companions all the time.

The same is not the case if you are in a group with any other players, because the Devs correctly consider players more valuable to groups than companions. Therefore, the game-design tries to keep the spots open for new players in a player-group. Which then makes it time-consumming, boring and absolutely not-fun to have to re-summon companions all the time, if you are not solo'ing or in a full-group.

Is this tied to the bug where right click on current companion (lower-left picture) gives only option to invite to group?

Happens about once in month. The companion stays behind, don't participate and as said isn't really your companion anymore.

What I've had happen from time to time is even worse, a disappearing enemy. They keep hitting but I can't target them or fight back :eek: ... but my companion can you watch your companion battle an invisible foe. The companions disappear too but it isn't nearly as bad.