Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, tanking in pvp is a useless endeavour...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, tanking in pvp is a useless endeavour...

Asvarduil
12.08.2012 , 09:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferkles View Post
Ranked WZs the tanks are the most valuable players.
I would argue in 10-49 queue this as well.

Yes, healers restore those HP bars. Yes, DPS remove the enemy's bars. Tanks are valuable because of the ability to make enemy DPS less-able to remove your guys' DPS bars.

Oh, and I typically get 3-4 MVPs everytime I do it well - healers love someone who protects them. So does the rest of the team.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

Macroeconomics
12.08.2012 , 09:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferkles View Post
Ranked WZs the tanks are the most valuable players.
Amen to that. An organized team can focus on an objective, a plan. Tanks are the best class in the game for objective based play. PUGS are too disorganized to mount a real plan. They just surge forward and hope to destroy the enemy. That's why they can't understand what a tank can do.

JP_Legatus
12.08.2012 , 11:20 PM | #13
Tanking is a useless endeavor for sins

^i fixed your text. Jugs do just fine, pts idk but tanking on a sin is terrible because of the ignorant design: dps bonuses all over the tank tree, no force/tech mitigation and dps bonuses on the tank sets. It's like they want us to be dps off tanks which I don't even like being. We need to be one or the other.

DarthRaika
12.08.2012 , 11:30 PM | #14
A well played (or well geared) tank and healer combo can do great things in pvp.

Phasersablaze
12.09.2012 , 12:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Tanking is a useless endeavor for sins

^i fixed your text. Jugs do just fine, pts idk but tanking on a sin is terrible because of the ignorant design: dps bonuses all over the tank tree, no force/tech mitigation and dps bonuses on the tank sets. It's like they want us to be dps off tanks which I don't even like being. We need to be one or the other.
Force shroud 100% to force/tech abilities
Isn't Deflection 25% force/Tech Reduction in addition to 50% mele attack dodge? I'm not on my Sin atm.

Sins can tank PVP just fine. In fact I would go so far to say that they are the best PVP tanks. Not to mention that the ones wearing dps Stalker gear can tank just as well and still put out as much damage as a dps class. I love PVPing on my Sin.

MasterFeign
12.09.2012 , 02:47 AM | #16
Deflection is only good for melee and ranged attacks. Something like dodging 50% of damage.

Yeah I'm not too sure why there are a bunch of DPS bonuses on the tank spec tree either... But it does go along with the whole set of war hero gear where there's a much different willpower to endurance ratio than its battlemaster counterpart.

I could certainly understand a tank being valuable in pvp but unless if a healer is focus healing a tank, force and tech attacks will still kill it just as fast, making a dps wearing tank specced tankassin more valuable.

Glower
12.09.2012 , 04:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
Unless if you're wearing dps gear and tank specced that is!
LOL! You are not a real (Jugg/Guardian) tank, and you're wrong.
... But (my) Vanguards/Powertech tanks is just shielded meatbag with a cannon!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

NoTomorrow
12.09.2012 , 05:15 AM | #18
This is my reaction to asassins complaining about anything in PvP, including tanking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0&sns=em
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Vladnar
12.09.2012 , 05:24 AM | #19
as always in pvp my friend, THE HEALERS ARE THE TANKS, we attract them like flies to dirty business and they avoid you heavy wearing armour guys like the plague.

We should have taunt making them focus on you instead so they just have to switch back AND our cloud mind, sorcs, have them lose their air/focus on us so they have to refind and click on us.

Used to say that in wow too, nobody cared lol.

Ta
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Wainamoinen
12.09.2012 , 05:57 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
This is my reaction to asassins complaining about anything in PvP, including tanking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0&sns=em
Having that link.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)