Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreadtooth - Why should we Bioware?

BrianDavion
12.10.2012 , 09:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Well, #4 sounds like you just have jugg tanks or something. The other two types won't lose aggro very frequently. Jugg tanks probably need another threat buff. One thing they can do, though is get an on-use power relic and pop it at the beginning of the fight, then on cooldown anytime they're main-tanking (and yes, I know that's not ideal).

Edit: what I'm saying is threat loss isn't really a problematic boss mechanic. It's a problematic class mechanic.
the fact that a year after launch Jugg and guard tanks STILL don't produce eneugh damage to keep threat is dischourageing to say the least

Ansalem
12.10.2012 , 10:28 PM | #22
Just got done watching MOX on our server wipe to DT for hours on 5 stack. They had a 24 man raid w/ some outside healers assisting and still wiped to the insane dmg. Seems like bioware might have overtuned this encounter a bit. Really not worth all the wiping for old tier of gear.

AshlaBoga
12.10.2012 , 10:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Just got done watching MOX on our server wipe to DT for hours on 5 stack. They had a 24 man raid w/ some outside healers assisting and still wiped to the insane dmg. Seems like bioware might have overtuned this encounter a bit. Really not worth all the wiping for old tier of gear.
5 Stack isn't designed for 24 People in Augmented Dread Guard, let alone Campaign. That's why so many people hoped the Mask had some sort of shield effect, but it's not been shown to reduce damage at all. It looks like there's a hidden mechanic for 5+ stacks. I've heard it's been done by having 48 people tackle it, but that means only 1 group gets credit for the kill, how can that be working as intended
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JDotter
12.11.2012 , 12:10 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Damage is indeed OD, still doable, mistakes can't happen or you fall behind and healers can't heal after 50%. Majority of the time you have to have a perfect pre 50% phase or you die shortly after to screech.

The combined factors of move out of the spikes, screech, and lag makes the after 50% phase terrible.

Fight is very doable, we got to 22% of three different occasions. Trick is staying alive after 50% and healing through screech/ not dying during dps down phase due to lag. I at times on a gaming computer would drop to 10 FPS and would cringe when I saw screech.

IrishTR
12.11.2012 , 01:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
the fact that a year after launch Jugg and guard tanks STILL don't produce eneugh damage to keep threat is dischourageing to say the least
Mine and other Jugg tanks have zero threat issues in EC HM, TFB HM and NiM EC, I have only done 3 stack of Dreadtooth and no problems there either. I will say Jugg Tanking is not the easy mode the other 2 provides, you have to work at it and be competent to perform vs the other two leave some room for marginal error/lessor skill (I have 50s in all 3 and do all raiding with them all so I think I have a good grip on their strengths/weaknesses). And IMO Hybrid Spec is the better route to take for Jugg tanking (overall better mitigation and agro holding). But this isn't the topic to debate this in.

Sorry OP to interrupt original topic. I do agree some changes should be considered to this Worldboss. My vote is for instanced area for boss but thats not going to happen, I think its ridiculous to have a PVP scenario infesting a PVE one (this coming from a PVE server I choose because I am not a PVP fan/person) If I wanted to deal with the pitfalls of World PVP I would have joined a PVP server and expect that but it should not be a forced matter for those that choose not to.

That and the debuff mechanic is buggy as balls without the intervention of griefers!

thasensei
12.11.2012 , 08:58 AM | #26
With regards to the griefing...would it help if the debuff was only triggerable if the pull was initiated by a group of 4+ people?

I'm not sure what other kinds of problems this might cause, but it seems like it would make it a lot more difficult for that type of griefing to happen.

ElitehunterDS
12.11.2012 , 11:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by thasensei View Post
With regards to the griefing...would it help if the debuff was only triggerable if the pull was initiated by a group of 4+ people?

I'm not sure what other kinds of problems this might cause, but it seems like it would make it a lot more difficult for that type of griefing to happen.
I think the boss should only be tauntable by anyone currently in the group currently fighting it, with a debuff or another buff.
(thats only a fix to same faction griefing and doesnt fix the issue about the other faction trying to kill you during the fight..)

P.S. to Bioware: World Boss suck, it always did and will ever be an issue in a any game. Stop wasting resource on it and make it instanced.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Lejune
12.11.2012 , 02:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Ok, my bad, I misunderstood. I thought you meant why should you bother doing a hard boss for no reward.

Well, everyone has an opinion. Speaking of which, you're the first person to not like my sig!
A forum apology? I think that is a first for me. Thank you for the reply to him. And I don't think he did not like your sig...It just didn't fit well with your reply at the time

ExarKunxx
12.13.2012 , 09:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Those conditions are intended and that's additional mechanics if you think about it. It's a World Boss for a reason, you are MEANT to be griefed, and yes you are MEANT to have some environmental lag. Also Your #4 reason is completely up to your group, if you don't want boss to go here and thee give tank some time to generate threat.
We used a sin tank on 3 stacks the other day with 20 seconds to buil aggrieved an he still was Gavin aggrieved problems

Mugen_no_Jidai
12.14.2012 , 05:33 PM | #30
So what does the boss even drop at 3-4 stacks and how many items, out of curiosity?