Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

Yeochins
12.09.2012 , 12:36 PM | #41
Wow this thread again.

It will be interesting to pick it apart again. 3 months ago it was concluded it was the baddies that whined about people leaving their team left and right. Are these requests for quitter punishment requested by the terribads again? Who knows? Find out on this threads episode of "Deserters".

Darth_Acherus
12.09.2012 , 12:47 PM | #42
What about people who queue up and end up with someone's sloppy seconds.

I generally am not a fan of joining games where we are down 3-0.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

mrekxxx
12.09.2012 , 12:48 PM | #43
BW will separate baddies and good skilled players in their own queue in 1.7

Wainamoinen
12.09.2012 , 01:10 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeochins View Post
Wow this thread again.

3 months ago it was concluded it was the baddies that whined about people leaving their team left and right.
No, it wasn't. Though I do feel an ovewhelming sense of tedium, as though I'd opened a thread whining about people playing pvp in groups.

Rather that it was a variety of types who quit out, but that they had in common their willingness to screw their teammates for their own perceived benefit. You can argue over whether there is any actual benefit, I'd say no.

What *was* pretty much agreed is that any sanction harsh enough to stop people quitting will only make them afk in a warzone, which would be worse. I suggested giving people who backfill a reward so that they have an incentive to stay and something extra for being dumped in half a warzone.

Personally, I wouldn't group with people who have no problem quitting.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Siorac
12.09.2012 , 01:35 PM | #45
I was always against deserters. I always despised leavers. I always thought they were fickle idiots.

But now, when coming up against four Smashers, all stunbubbled, I have a strong urge to just quit immediately. Why bother? Let them farm some other permastunned soul or let the warzone end quickly.

Masarko
12.09.2012 , 01:42 PM | #46
If I dont want to play with Columi geared people , I shouldnt be locked out for leaving an already lost warzone.

So give us a gear checker because the PvE'ers are the main reason brah

SoonerJBD
12.09.2012 , 02:01 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
If I dont want to play with Columi geared people , I shouldnt be locked out for leaving an already lost warzone.

So give us a gear checker because the PvE'ers are the main reason brah
It's not just people in PvE gear. Recruit gear is laughable in warzones. If you go into a warzone and see several people in the group with 13k or 14k health, it's a lost cause before the match even starts. I'm hopeful that the new approach to gearing will help. The difference between the top and bottom gear right now is just too great. The problem is that you get a double whammy when you are undergeared. The better gear gives more stat boosts to main stat, power, etc., but the difference in expertise just magnifies everything by a lot.

I don't mind tiered gear. People need something to work towards. But if they aren't going to tier PvP queues so that lower geared people don't go into warzones against war hero groups, then the difference between gear tiers needs to be slight enough to keep matches somewhat competitive.