Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

CaptainApop
12.08.2012 , 06:23 AM | #11
I like the cumulative idea.

A reset every day.
> First time you leave early, no penalty. **** happens. Cat's on fire w/e
>Second time locked out 5/10 minutes
> Increase this on a curve not linearly. If you keep repeatedly leaving it becomes a long *** timer.

We don't need need a heavy penalty. Just "A" penalty. Losing already gives 70/80% as many comms as winning with 8 medals. People are already encouraged to keep playing to the end.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Kalfear
12.08.2012 , 07:03 AM | #12
as said by others

You put a penalty in and those leaving will just find a safe spot to sit out remainder of game and your still short the numbers anyways

Said it before and say it again

This issue remains a issue until the REASONS FOR THE ISSUE are addressed
not the result of the issue

To stop most of this all thats needs to be done is

1) Pug vrs PUG, Pre Made vrs Pre made ques
2) Ratings via gear score/valor ranking so a player in recruit never faces a player in elite war hero
3) Ignore lists eliminate players on ignore when PUGing (like it does for FPs and OPS). Person on your ignore list never gets into a match or que with you. Sooner or latter the habitual quiters will all get ignored and you will never have to deal with them again.

3 simple steps to drastically lessen the amount of War Zone quitters

But long as pugs can be rolled by pre mades, recruits get rolled by elite war heros, and ignoreing an idiot doesnt stop you for being qued up with said idiot

Long as those exist,
War Zone leavers will also exist and no debuff will change that fact of matter.

Also being able to choose what War zones you wanna que for would help
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

mitrikzoltan
12.08.2012 , 07:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Thats just stupid. The same moment enemies take 2 turrets or score the first ball 3-4 people leaving the WZ.
What is the point to play WZ then?
Bioware should not simply declare that they «listening to the community», but must do something to fix this pathetic situation
I just rage quit my last 3 warzones. In alderaan, 6 people run to snow, and cant cap because of 1 enemy. And I had really horrible groups for days. It is not bearable. A debuff for this? No way.

I don't mind losing when my enemies are good. But losing because my team is made up of frickin morons, over and over again? Of course people quit on you.

mitrikzoltan
12.08.2012 , 07:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AmenoN View Post
I couldn't agree more. I suggest a deserter debuff that would not let them join another wz for 1 hour and that would increase with each desertion to 2, 3 hours / day.
People would still get frustrated. They quit out of frustration. If tere is a debuff, or wz ban for an hour, they would just camp, on be in the wz but not fight. This is not the solution.

Maybe an ingame warzone tutorial, that you HAVE TO complete, before actually playing a warzone? Explaining basic tactics and what not. That might help.

mrekxxx
12.08.2012 , 08:03 AM | #15
yes deserter buff is retarded idea, those ppl wont quit just camp all one turret
is it still fun to stay 10 mins near turret?

remember you play for fun, a lot off ppl dont need any comms, hundreds ppl play
for fun in full BiS gear...

DarthMaulUK
12.08.2012 , 08:24 AM | #16
ANOTHER one of these QQ threads. People quit warzones for a variety of reasons. Maybe if you played better, watched out for others and used your brain, people may not quit.

Why should I stay in a warzone where people don't watch nodes, call inc, or anything else that mounts to being stupid?

Maybe the answer is to create a Warzone Lite, for people who are completely stupid to run around and look at bright colours......
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

CaptainApop
12.08.2012 , 08:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
yes deserter buff is retarded idea, those ppl wont quit just camp all one turret
is it still fun to stay 10 mins near turret?
People are doing that anyway.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

mitrikzoltan
12.08.2012 , 09:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Maybe the answer is to create a Warzone Lite, for people who are completely stupid to run around and look at bright colours......
LOL this crcked me up
But this might not be such a bad idea

Crogi
12.08.2012 , 09:20 AM | #19
When Pvp'rs are pathetic, ruining the PvP badly, I Desert.

Twin
12.08.2012 , 09:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
ANOTHER one of these QQ threads. People quit warzones for a variety of reasons. Maybe if you played better, watched out for others and used your brain, people may not quit.

Why should I stay in a warzone where people don't watch nodes, call inc, or anything else that mounts to being stupid?

This ^ ...and the ability to chose which warzone to queue for would eliminate all reasons to leave a warzone. It's quite obvious to me that you can not punish players for not having fun in a group of tools, or in a warzone they hate.

So yeah, you got my vote for the installation of SWTOR Tardzones™ !
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln