Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

Missandei
12.08.2012 , 04:33 AM | #1
Thats just stupid. The same moment enemies take 2 turrets or score the first ball 3-4 people leaving the WZ.
What is the point to play WZ then?
Bioware should not simply declare that they «listening to the community», but must do something to fix this pathetic situation
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

AmenoN
12.08.2012 , 04:37 AM | #2
I couldn't agree more. I suggest a deserter debuff that would not let them join another wz for 1 hour and that would increase with each desertion to 2, 3 hours / day.

Veniras
12.08.2012 , 04:43 AM | #3
That could be a fun experiment. I doubt it would help.

Belly
12.08.2012 , 04:43 AM | #4
One hour is entirely too long. Sometimes people have legitimate reasons for leaving. If this MUST happen, i'd say fifteen minutes tops.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Raynezazki
12.08.2012 , 04:49 AM | #5
You do realize you'll just end up with leechers right? They'll be even worse than the deserters. Least when the deserters leave you get a chance of getting someone who can turn the game around.

Kintaroshi
12.08.2012 , 04:51 AM | #6
I agree that one hour is entirely too long. I would just make it fifteen minutes like wow. Also, something that I'm not a big fan of is how you are removed from the game if you get momentarily disconnected. If you get disconnected in wow during a battlefield you are allowed to continue once you are back in.
Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Feared Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Missandei
12.08.2012 , 05:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
You do realize you'll just end up with leechers right? They'll be even worse than the deserters. Least when the deserters leave you get a chance of getting someone who can turn the game around.
Deserters are making our team be shortened in manpower for at least 2-3 minutes.. And IF a good player joining such a WZ he usually just leave it the moment he joins it.

Accumulative deserter debuff is a great idea.
If someone have left WZ for the first time - 10min debuff.
leaved for the second time - 15min
third time - 30min

Or as an alternative - the option to leaving WZ is to be allowed only BEFORE the match is started. After the start there should be no possibility to leave WZ.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Belly
12.08.2012 , 05:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Deserters are making our team be shortened in manpower for at least 2-3 minutes.. And IF a good player joining such a WZ he usually just leave it the moment he joins it.

Accumulative deserter debuff is a great idea.
If someone have left WZ for the first time - 10min debuff.
leaved for the second time - 15min
third time - 30min

Or as an alternative - the option to leaving WZ is to be allowed only BEFORE the match is started. After the start there should be no possibility to leave WZ.
The issue with that alternative is people with either force log, or be AFK, with no possibility of a backfill.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

TonyDragonflame
12.08.2012 , 06:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Thats just stupid. The same moment enemies take 2 turrets or score the first ball 3-4 people leaving the WZ.
What is the point to play WZ then?
Bioware should not simply declare that they «listening to the community», but must do something to fix this pathetic situation
You prefer, what those who wanna leave, now will be /sit on the goalline or on respawn, for fast ends, if they cannot leave without deserter?
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Twin
12.08.2012 , 06:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AmenoN View Post
I couldn't agree more. I suggest a deserter debuff that would not let them join another wz for 1 hour and that would increase with each desertion to 2, 3 hours / day.
Sure im all for that, as long as you explain how you're gonna do that without punishing ppl who leave for legit reasons. Oh and also, i am fully opposed to this entire idea unless we can chose which WZ we wanna join, or at the very very least have the ability to deny 1-2 warzones that we dont wanna join.

I would also expect that a simular punishment gets installed at the same time, punishing teammembers that dont use OPS to call Incs and those who simply will not read whats being said on OPS and dont try their best....because really, those ppl are FAR worse then someone leaving the WZ. ...And more often then not, they are the sole reason.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln