Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Add a Pug ONLY option on Que's !!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Add a Pug ONLY option on Que's !!!!

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.08.2012 , 09:49 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Pmunro View Post
This is entirely your opinion. If you feel good about a rep team, pre-made, in all war hero gear coming into regular pvp the week before the expertise is going to change, wantonly killing everyone on the imp side,to get comms and an ego boost, then good for you. I enjoy pvp but it is very imbalanced. This is not some admirable, sportmanlike, gentlemanly conduct.

The people I play with are working on gear, we use ventrillo, and play strategically. I really think it is wrong when we cannot even leave the chute without being killed over and over again. Everyone I play with this week has given up on pvp and that's all we do.

So complaining that the 'good' pvpers are going to stop playing becasue there may not be pre-mades allowed in reg pvp is really just QQ. And as usual, can I have your stuff when you leave?
Ahahaha, oh the irony of this. So you just admit to being part of the problem that the OP is complaining about. You and your friends being on vent and going into regular WZs together = premade. Just because another premade is better than you, doesn't mean premades shouldn't be allowed. Grow a gosh darn pair.

OMG I can't stop laughing from the irony.

Pmunro's Avatar


Pmunro
12.08.2012 , 09:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Ahahaha, oh the irony of this. So you just admit to being part of the problem that the OP is complaining about. You and your friends being on vent and going into regular WZs together = premade. Just because another premade is better than you, doesn't mean premades shouldn't be allowed. Grow a gosh darn pair.

OMG I can't stop laughing from the irony.
Wait a sec. I said I would be in favor of not making a pre-made for regular pvp. I am in favor of removing the imbalance. Also, I cannot 'grow a pair' because I am a woman and find that sort of talk offensive. Also I have 8 charatcers that I play on both rep and imp side. I have pvped off and on since beta and i only slowed down when I was in a guild than ran ops. Yes, I would give up the option of making a pre-made and take my chances with my character going against a group that I also knew was not pre-made. Also we are a small group of 5 people and most are not on at the same time.

Learn to read for comprehension.

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
12.08.2012 , 10:03 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Pmunro View Post
This is entirely your opinion. If you feel good about a rep team, pre-made, in all war hero gear coming into regular pvp the week before the expertise is going to change, wantonly killing everyone on the imp side,to get comms and an ego boost, then good for you. I enjoy pvp but it is very imbalanced. This is not some admirable, sportmanlike, gentlemanly conduct.

The people I play with are working on gear, we use ventrillo, and play strategically. I really think it is wrong when we cannot even leave the chute without being killed over and over again. Everyone I play with this week has given up on pvp and that's all we do.

So complaining that the 'good' pvpers are going to stop playing becasue there may not be pre-mades allowed in reg pvp is really just QQ. And as usual, can I have your stuff when you leave?
Not sure where you got the QQ from as I don't think I gave that impression, I certainly don't feel that way. I also don't feel that we are driving good pvpers away I think you misinterpreted my comments as an endorsement of his comments. When in fact it was more in defense of his guild and the insults you threw at them.
Be that as it may here is what I think. So you and your team are gearing up I would assume you plan to be as geared as possible and eventually do rated maybe? What happens when you get there and have all the gear and are grouped together to boot? Now I am not saying that you will act in an ungentlemanly way however I do think you may cap 3 nodes and probably dominate a few Warzones. When you are fully geared you will probably but not certainly also group and do some regular Warzones if you are good you will dominate these Warzones as well leaving the other team with a loss maybe a humiliating loss. You will have Ventrilo, great gear and experience playing as a team these are all the aces that the other teams have. They are doing the same thing you are they want to pvp and max out comms for the new gear "not that the new gear will make much difference".
Now lets look at the premade vs solo que. First and foremost they have already said they will do nothing about this and that they are going to try to solve the problem by decreasing the stat difference between gear. Now I am glad to continue the conversation but understand that at this moment it is like arguing about whether I like the sky blue, nothing I say is going to change the matter. Personally when I only pugged I would swing between liking it and hating it all depending on whether I won or lost. Pretty simple I don't have issues with them as they are not all created equal some are great "Deadweight, Convenant come to mind" and others are barely better than pugs "i.e. any group I am part of lol".
Let me leave with this if you really don't have someone to group with I am on at night and would be more than happy to. But wins/losses come and go I have had weeks where me and friends have been on and lost almost every game and others were it was all wins sometimes you just hit rough patches.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

Pmunro's Avatar


Pmunro
12.08.2012 , 10:13 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldriq View Post
Not sure where you got the QQ from as I don't think I gave that impression, I certainly don't feel that way. I also don't feel that we are driving good pvpers away I think you misinterpreted my comments as an endorsement of his comments. When in fact it was more in defense of his guild and the insults you threw at them.
Be that as it may here is what I think. So you and your team are gearing up I would assume you plan to be as geared as possible and eventually do rated maybe? What happens when you get there and have all the gear and are grouped together to boot? Now I am not saying that you will act in an ungentlemanly way however I do think you may cap 3 nodes and probably dominate a few Warzones. When you are fully geared you will probably but not certainly also group and do some regular Warzones if you are good you will dominate these Warzones as well leaving the other team with a loss maybe a humiliating loss. You will have Ventrilo, great gear and experience playing as a team these are all the aces that the other teams have. They are doing the same thing you are they want to pvp and max out comms for the new gear "not that the new gear will make much difference".
Now lets look at the premade vs solo que. First and foremost they have already said they will do nothing about this and that they are going to try to solve the problem by decreasing the stat difference between gear. Now I am glad to continue the conversation but understand that at this moment it is like arguing about whether I like the sky blue, nothing I say is going to change the matter. Personally when I only pugged I would swing between liking it and hating it all depending on whether I won or lost. Pretty simple I don't have issues with them as they are not all created equal some are great "Deadweight, Convenant come to mind" and others are barely better than pugs "i.e. any group I am part of lol".
Let me leave with this if you really don't have someone to group with I am on at night and would be more than happy to. But wins/losses come and go I have had weeks where me and friends have been on and lost almost every game and others were it was all wins sometimes you just hit rough patches.
This offer is very kind of you. I am frustrated. I really enjoy playing with our friends. The best matches are when it's evenly matched and there is allot of good action going on. I did not realize this week was the week prior to the expertise stat change. This week we have been overrun in reg level 50 pvp with the elite war heros. My friends are all men and don't give up easlily but we have all stopped pvping for now. Thanks again and hopefully yhe new balance will work.

Tranduril's Avatar


Tranduril
12.08.2012 , 10:29 PM | #45
Okay let try to see the problem from an other angle. We all play to have fun right? Now that this is set let me try to elaborate.

Competitive peoples will form group (a.k.a. premade) to maximise the DPS survavibility and healing of said group. PvPing and winning is how they manage to get the fun of the game.

Casual people play from time to time. They can either PvE or PvP depending their priority of fun for the game. Being casual mean they probably wont play as often as they wish or could. So they log in to have some fun as well.

So everyone still following my reasonning so far?

So what happen when :

PUG versus PUG : Chaotic match, some random pug versus pug with here and there more experience people that can try to organise their side and type some information. So it going to be lose some win some so Fun for people in it.

Premade versus premade : Organise match, few pugs. and the premade have easy communication via ventrilo, mumble, TS or others. They are used to work with each other, assist each other. focus down target and switch when the main assist call a new target. Healer are protected and guarded and the guard can be switch on the DPS when it getting too hot. Huge adrenaline rush on either side. Win some lose some. result Fun going up. But some premade will lose more then they win.. so fun factor going down. which might lead to the next option.

Premade versus pug : Highly organise group versus chaotic group. premade have the advantage of the communication with voice 3rd party program versus a group that might or maybe wont type to call incoming or other. Group composition have a goos chance to be more imbalance on the pug side... no healer or no tanking tank or tank that have no idea what guard mean and wont have it on their hotbar. Most of the time that match will result in the premade literally farming the PUG that will come to them piece meal by piece meal after the initial wipe and the lack of communication to regroup at a point or node. After encountering the same preamde again and again. the pug fun factor is going down. For the premade that want to face a good opposition fun factor goes down as well. Now for the 2nd category of premade that i talk about earlier since they got rick rolled versus other premade. their fun factor will go up since they are winning.

Now that we have a glimpse of that fun factor up and down what will happen in the long run.

Premade are going to control most the WZ most of the time. Casual player will be playing less and less always facing a premade and getting faceroll is no fun. Which in return will result in less player queing for the WZ... increasing the time for the WZ. With fewer pug around to be farmed the sore loser premade are going to be the prey more and more and wont like it. The premade that like competition will be facing less and less opposition as well since less and less people will start doing PvP. And will take a break.

With less premade around some pug will start PvPing again and have fun. Premade will form or old group will reform. leading back to square one with a small hic... there will be less people PvPing each time that circle goes around.

Same thing happen in the nature. Premade = predator PUG = prey. With too many predator in one area the prey vanish, and the predator starve or move. the prey will reappear and the predator will come back.

Facing a premade whenyou pug is normal it part of the game. always facing a premade and always getting faceroll, bend over with or without lube is the problem. If the casual player are not having fun. they wont play. the new people trying out the PvP will often start as solo player some are going to make group most wont. Experienced player that pug might not want to group with newbie either. for reason X Y or Z or they are simply tired of trying to teach the basic of the PVP or it fine point.

All of this is only link to 3 simple things : F, U, N. If those 3 are not present the PvP wont survive in the long run.
Soyouz 50 (The Harbinger )
Maril 50 Morttiz 50 Nylvanis 50 (The Ebon Hawk )

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
12.09.2012 , 12:32 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Tranduril View Post
.
Dude, Tranduril? From ****in' Badlands server? Long-time no see my French Canadian friend. <Feared> Represent.

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.09.2012 , 01:21 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
In what dictionary is MMO defined as "have to premade to pvp"?
Very well put, the premades are running almost constantly now and the pvp ques are getting longer because some people are very discouraged about queing up. This game is great but what is essentially killing this game is BW. They are so stuck to what they want to do and will not listen to the community which are paying customers.

Best example of what i mean is this.

The customer walks into a restuarant and the waiter asks him what do you want to order and after you give him that order the waiter says no, you want this and thats what your getting. the customer says but i dont like this, its not even healthy to have that. the waiter says tough if you dont like it take your money elsewhere.

the morel of the story.... alot of BW's customers did just that, and any new potential customers they are trying to get via free samples will say hmmm ill go eat at another restuarant.

the pve in this game rules and i love it alot, the story is awesome, but what i like to do is pvp and what BW is doing is just strange.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.09.2012 , 01:52 PM | #48
Premades are not the problem here. The problem is pugs try to be 1v3 heroes and think they can do anything by themselves and NEVER use common sense. They over commit when they need to defend a point, they NEVER focus fire (even though there is a massive icon sitting right on top of a healer) and they spend more time deathmatching and caring more about their stats than trying to do the objective. If pugs would start using common sense they would actually do just fine against a "premade" of 4 people.

I have lost count of how many times I've been in a warzone and I'm the ONLY DPS attacking a healer. It's even worse when its a healer/tank combo as all I'm doing is just being a annoying to the healer. Even when I type in chat "focus the healer with the star icon", I'm still the only person attacking that healer. If people would pull their head out of their asses and listen, focus fire players and clear the area then life would be 10x better for them. Instead everyone is "1v1" their own target while being burned down because the healer is being left unattended and eventually everyone gets cleared out because they can't kill anyone.