Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Add a Pug ONLY option on Que's !!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Add a Pug ONLY option on Que's !!!!

Helig's Avatar


Helig
12.08.2012 , 06:37 AM | #11
Premades, by definition, are a part of competitive PvP playstyle. Competitive PvP should be competitive (ergo ranked), casual PvP should be kept casual. Simple as that.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
12.08.2012 , 11:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
so if enough people start playing again odds are they wont get into the same game... Bioware could easily program it so it doesn't allow more then 2 people of the same guild in the same match.
You aren't very good at math; This second statement is untrue.

Masarko's Avatar


Masarko
12.08.2012 , 11:34 AM | #13
Were playing the same game?

Last time i checked this was a MMO not SPRPG
Raptorem / Imimba
Impulse / Coral
I know it's your opinion, but you're wrong!

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
12.08.2012 , 11:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
Were playing the same game?

Last time i checked this was a MMO not SPRPG
In what dictionary is MMO defined as "have to premade to pvp"?

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
12.08.2012 , 12:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
Were playing the same game?

Last time i checked this was a MMO not SPRPG
It seems I have to clarify something for you:

When you hit the solo queue button, you will end of playing with 7 other PEOPLE as part of a TEAM, playing against an opposing TEAM. If that's not MULTIPLAYER for you, I don't know what is. All I want is that if my team composition is based on a random number, then have the opposing team fight by the same rules of engagement.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Helig's Avatar


Helig
12.08.2012 , 01:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
It seems I have to clarify something for you:

When you hit the solo queue button, you will end of playing with 7 other PEOPLE as part of a TEAM, playing against an opposing TEAM. If that's not MULTIPLAYER for you, I don't know what is. All I want is that if my team composition is based on a random number, then have the opposing team fight by the same rules of engagement.
I concur. Rules of engagement, it is.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
12.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Unless you want PvP to completely die on the PvE and PvE RP servers due to PvP ONLY Guilds running premades on these servers 24/7 you need to add a Pug only option when que'ing....

Casual PvP'ers are just quitting warzones all together... When F2P players see how miserable it is going up against fully geared premades there not going to be buying weekly pvp passes....
If you take away people's ability to play together, these 'PvP ONLY' guilds will just stop playing. Either there are a ton of them, and THAT will kill the game. Or there aren't that many, and you have no reason to complain to begin with.

Either way, please don't tell me how to play the game. Or ask Bioware to tell me how to play the game. You have the option to group up with other players, for whatever reason, you do not take advantage of that option. That is your choice, but both options are available to you. I DO take advantage of that option. That is my choice. You are trying to take that option away from me. Of the two stances, only one is trying to take away options from other people. Don't be that guy.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
12.08.2012 , 01:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Premades, by definition, are a part of competitive PvP playstyle. Competitive PvP should be competitive (ergo ranked), casual PvP should be kept casual. Simple as that.
Hate to be sarcastic but...

Translation: 'Casual' players would like 'competitive' players to be separated so they have a better chance of being competitive. Casually, of course.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
12.08.2012 , 02:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Unless you want PvP to completely die on the PvE and PvE RP servers due to PvP ONLY Guilds running premades on these servers 24/7 you need to add a Pug only option when que'ing....

Casual PvP'ers are just quitting warzones all together... When F2P players see how miserable it is going up against fully geared premades there not going to be buying weekly pvp passes....
I had a nice thread going with how to fix solo queuing as an intermediary solution but sadly Bioware wasn't amused by my findings

Helig's Avatar


Helig
12.08.2012 , 03:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Hate to be sarcastic but...

Translation: 'Casual' players would like 'competitive' players to be separated so they have a better chance of being competitive. Casually, of course.
So one (perfectly valid) playstyle must be punished to nourish the other (also perfectly valid) playstyle?

Unless of course *you* want to pull players to play with *you* by *your* rules, essentially forcing *your* playstyle on them.
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
You are trying to take that option away from me. Of the two stances, only one is trying to take away options from other people. Don't be that guy.
Premades already take the "option" of a fair fight and, in many cases, enjoyment from other people. Having fun at the expense of other people isn't really a path to a healthy community.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie