Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor sorcerer Class balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Inquisitor sorcerer Class balance

Dagi
12.07.2012 , 01:31 PM | #1
I keep whining and whining un-till my voice is heard. I keep fighting for the Inquisitor rights to be balanced class.

Its incomprehensible how EA does not get the SWTOR classes to any balance! Just how hard can it be? I simply cant understand how come .e.g hitting with rifle (Commando/BH) does more damage than Thunderingblast/Turbilence. I can hit 2.5k and I have resived 4k hits from rifles on melee hit. Or in any case when e.g Inquisitor as caster does about 2.5k to 3k crits with full Battle master gear and Commando/BH does more in Healing spec, -Do you think its fair to give healer the same DPS?.. I dont even want to think those 5-10k smash hits from warriors. Whats the idea of the PvP when you are dead in 1.5 secs!

All of you who are now about to type l2p or reroll. To l2p I have played enough to know what is going on with the class. I have played most of the classes on 50. And I do not want to re-roll I want to play this class. The Inquisitor sorcerer has been out of balance for years!

I miss that good Bioware before EA-games.
Dagi Betu,
Server: The Progenitor
RETKU Community

Kilikaa
12.07.2012 , 01:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dagi View Post
I keep whining and whining un-till my voice is heard. I keep fighting for the Inquisitor rights to be balanced class.

Its incomprehensible how EA does not get the SWTOR classes to any balance! Just how hard can it be? I simply cant understand how come .e.g hitting with rifle (Commando/BH) does more damage than Thunderingblast/Turbilence. I can hit 2.5k and I have resived 4k hits from rifles on melee hit. Or in any case when e.g Inquisitor as caster does about 2.5k to 3k crits with full Battle master gear and Commando/BH does more in Healing spec, -Do you think its fair to give healer the same DPS?.. I dont even want to think those 5-10k smash hits from warriors. Whats the idea of the PvP when you are dead in 1.5 secs!

All of you who are now about to type l2p or reroll. To l2p I have played enough to know what is going on with the class. I have played most of the classes on 50. And I do not want to re-roll I want to play this class. The Inquisitor sorcerer has been out of balance for years!

I miss that good Bioware before EA-games.
Keep in mind you are wearing LIGHT armor. That makes Sorcs very squishy. I have a Sorc myself so I know it can be frustrating to be melted down in two seconds. Pvp in this game is more about burst damage over sustained damage. The whole expertise thing is crap, also, but I won't get into that.

I don't know how you play, but if a rifle strike does more damage thanTB/Turb then you are doing something wrong. Rifle strikes do not hit me that hard at all.Are you sure it was a Commando and not a Vanguard, which are built more to be in your face? I have never seen a Commando dish out a 4k hit from bashing me with their weapon. The thing about a Commando doing more damage as a healer, are you sure they are not a hybrid spec?

Remember, you are one of the squishiest classes in the game. You are going to take more damage per hit from any source. You have to accept that and learn to keep away from Melee as best you can. It's hard with all the damn pulls and root leaping that goes on, but you do have Force Run. Use it wisely.

Jadescythe
12.07.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3
The Inquisitor sorcerer has been out of balance for years!
Tempted to put this in my sig.
I have opinions and stuff

NairoUnruhig
12.07.2012 , 02:01 PM | #4
I mean, the game is not perfect. However, you must also realize that yes, Bioware is still making the game, don't put the blame on EA, they just own the company now and thats also where Bioware gets their funding. EA isn't sitting in their HQ, saying - "keep things imbalanced - we want this game that we've spent millions on to fail." Its just not a good business decision. They have come a long way since launch and they are trying to make things better.
However. With the way things are - there are plenty of sorcs that thoroughly enjoy their class. They play them differently though I'm sure. Maybe thats something to look into. Gearing up, changing some things in your skill tree and changing your rotation. There is a great deal of skill to this game, don't let that beat you!

Kanonier

RazielHex
12.07.2012 , 03:50 PM | #5
out of balance for years!
Game is less than one year old.

-IceHawk-
12.07.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
While the Sorcerer's DPS in PVP is clearly not fine I would question the logic of your current Spec, Build, and Play-style.

First, why are you attempting to run a Lightning build in PVP? Moreover, why are you stacking extra Surge?

You are more than likely well into diminishing returns on Surge and should be stacking Endurance and Willpower. Perhaps this is one reason you are having survivability issues.

As for the build, you cannot port our PVE builds into PVP and assume they will work.
On a pure DPS scale, sure, 3/31/7 slightly out performs 1/12/28; in situations where mobility is a major factor (IE: Everything but defending an objective) Madness and the Hybrid are quantitatively superior.

Furthermore, why is your Thundering Blast not breaking 3.2-3.5k?
This is likely because you are missing out on as much as 252 Will Power thanks to your ill-advised stacking of surge.

Yes, Sorcerers are at an extremely disavantaged state in PVP.

This however is a Learn-to-Play issue.

Sorry.

VR60 Hybrid (1/12/28) Sorc

Dagi
12.07.2012 , 04:28 PM | #7
Lucky me, that now the respec is free. Gosh I have spend millions for respecs. Im Playing with madness atm, still the point is that what is this thunderingblast used for 2sec cast for 3kdamage 9sec cd? And that is the ultimate-last thing you get?

I wish to stay on inquisitor topic but that is only 1% how this game was bashed out for mainstream wow clones. And if someone says now here that its not gone bad, it did I did go bad the day it where set as free to play. Free to play was the last despred shout from EA to get ppl playing it.

I waited so long for this. What did we get? World of StarWars with less classes and more buggy engine with empty worlds.
Dagi Betu,
Server: The Progenitor
RETKU Community

DarthBloodloss
12.07.2012 , 05:07 PM | #8
Or in any case when e.g Inquisitor as caster does about 2.5k to 3k crits with full Battle master gear and Commando/BH does more in Healing spec, -Do you think its fair to give healer the same DPS?
Can I take credit for this?

Sometimes when I get bored during a non-close game, I switch to being a healer (Full Pyro build with 2 points to lower heal casting time).

I'll be healing for a few minutes and then someone takes notice of me, they start heading my way at which point they eat an Incendiary Missile, Thermal Detonator, Railshot, and instant cast Fusion Missile. A few seconds later they should realize I'm not a healer, but not all do.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

NoTomorrow
12.07.2012 , 05:12 PM | #9
The problem with TB is its basically free crit. Because its so easy to crit with it, its base damage is complete crap.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Kaane
12.07.2012 , 05:20 PM | #10
I saw some sorcs do over 1million damage in a WZ, so stop complaining and start learning to play.

Most sorcs are just super bad, they sit there and shoot their lightning at the Marauder while face tanking gored ravage and wonder *** just happened....
Lokaar - Powertech