Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A few questions


Ulfrik_Wulfgar's Avatar


Ulfrik_Wulfgar
12.07.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1
I'm new so I hope people will bear with me.

1. How does Valor work? I've engaged in a few successful PvP 1v1s but it still shows Valor 0.
2. How do you get PvP commendations?
3. How does Strength equate to Damage?
4. Same for Endurance vs. Armour rating.

Xiahoufig's Avatar


Xiahoufig
12.07.2012 , 09:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfrik_Wulfgar View Post
I'm new so I hope people will bear with me.

1. How does Valor work? I've engaged in a few successful PvP 1v1s but it still shows Valor 0.
2. How do you get PvP commendations?
3. How does Strength equate to Damage?
4. Same for Endurance vs. Armour rating.
1. Valor increases as you PvP, and you will get far more valor from doing warzones than you will just killing people out in the world. It's only important until you hit 40, at which point you can spend ranked warzone comms. After that, it's largely a bragging thing. (Also get titles every 10 valor levels)
2. You get them from completing Warzones, as well as from the PvP daily/weekly from the PvP terminal on the fleets.
3. Strength (assuming you are a sith warrior/jedi knight) increases your melee damage and crit chance if you are one of the two mentioned classes. (This includes their sub-classes) strength is largely useless to the other classes.
4. Endurance increases your health by 10 per 1 point of endurance (past the base endurance) and armor reduces weapon and elemental damage taken from attacks by x%.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
12.07.2012 , 09:16 AM | #3
1. How does Valor work? I've engaged in a few successful PvP 1v1s but it still shows Valor 0.
The game doesn't award us anything for killing players in open world pvp. To get valor you'll need to join PVP warzones. There's a little Republic or Imperial symbol on the bottom right of your minimap on your main HUD screen. Right click it, then queue for warzone.

2. How do you get PvP commendations?
Only by competing in PVP warzones.

3. How does Strength equate to Damage?
What class or advanced class are you playing? Sith Assassin for example...

4. Same for Endurance vs. Armour rating.
Basically endurance increases your health pool, armor increases your protection from attacks. There are more in-depth guides if you google.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Ulfrik_Wulfgar's Avatar


Ulfrik_Wulfgar
12.07.2012 , 09:27 AM | #4
Thanks for the replies but you've both misunderstood the last two questions. I know what Strength and Endurance do, what I want to know is how Strength relates to Damage and Endurance to Armour. For example, if I have a Weapon that carries 1 less Strength what is the damage rating needed to produce the same DPS? Similarly, if I have armour that reduces my endurance by 1, how much extra armour rating do I need to provide the same level of survivability? I understand what each rating does, just not the correlation between each one in this game.

Also, how do I compete in PvP Warzones and what level is recommended/needed for them, please?

Ulfrik_Wulfgar's Avatar


Ulfrik_Wulfgar
12.07.2012 , 01:57 PM | #5
Anyone, please?

Jason_T's Avatar


Jason_T
12.07.2012 , 02:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfrik_Wulfgar View Post
Anyone, please?
I think you're looking at STR and END the wrong way. STR doesnt directly equate to the weapon rating nor does END relate to armor rating. You can see how each stat affects your character by opening the character window and looking at the lower section. Hover over each item there and it gives a break down of all the things that affect those areas.

Ulfrik_Wulfgar's Avatar


Ulfrik_Wulfgar
12.07.2012 , 02:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jason_T View Post
I think you're looking at STR and END the wrong way. STR doesnt directly equate to the weapon rating nor does END relate to armor rating. You can see how each stat affects your character by opening the character window and looking at the lower section. Hover over each item there and it gives a break down of all the things that affect those areas.
I know that. Endurance = more Health. Armour = Damage reduction = less health loss = more Health. They equate to the same thing indirectly. Same with Strength. Strength indirectly equates to the damage potential. The weapon may not hit as hard like for like but your additional strength makes up for that. But without knowing what each equates to I'm unable to make a decision on whether one piece of equipment is better than the other.

Mayeh's Avatar


Mayeh
12.07.2012 , 02:37 PM | #8
To compete in warzones you click on your faction icon in the bottom right corner of your minimap and join a queue. There is one queue for level 10 - 49 characters and all your stats are buffed to what they would be at 49. The second queue is for level 50 characters only. There are also ranked warzones for full groups of 8 level 50 characters. Basically you only need to be level 10 to take part. If you are unsure what to do in a warzone, please ask. There are guides including in the PvP section of these forums but sometimes things may not be clear, so ask. The first time you load into a Huttball warzone you will get a new ability "Pass Huttball" take a second and keybind it.

Ulfrik_Wulfgar's Avatar


Ulfrik_Wulfgar
12.07.2012 , 02:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mayeh View Post
To compete in warzones you click on your faction icon in the bottom right corner of your minimap and join a queue. There is one queue for level 10 - 49 characters and all your stats are buffed to what they would be at 49. The second queue is for level 50 characters only. There are also ranked warzones for full groups of 8 level 50 characters. Basically you only need to be level 10 to take part. If you are unsure what to do in a warzone, please ask. There are guides including in the PvP section of these forums but sometimes things may not be clear, so ask. The first time you load into a Huttball warzone you will get a new ability "Pass Huttball" take a second and keybind it.
Do I need to be part of a guild?

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfrik_Wulfgar View Post
I know that. Endurance = more Health. Armour = Damage reduction = less health loss = more Health. They equate to the same thing indirectly. Same with Strength. Strength indirectly equates to the damage potential. The weapon may not hit as hard like for like but your additional strength makes up for that. But without knowing what each equates to I'm unable to make a decision on whether one piece of equipment is better than the other.
I don't know the exact formula, but you'll always want to wear the armor rated for your class. I.E. don't wear marauder gear as a jugg, even if the stats are better since it isn't heavy armor. Armor rating on moddable gear is determined by the armoring in them, so higher level armoring should have better stats anyway. For the most part, I haven't noticed non-moddable gear that had a significantly higher armor rating with reduced stats (maybe reduced tank stats for higher DPS stats) unless it was a different armor type (heavy vs. medium). Either way, you won"t have the problem at end game and as long as your gear is within 5 or so levels of your character, you really won't have any problems running any content while leveling.
I have opinions and stuff