Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If Lightside Revan is canon...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
If Lightside Revan is canon...

RafSwi
12.08.2012 , 04:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I don't think you get it, most of the lightsaber forms didn't exist until AFTER the Hyperspace War, but apparently, that fact doesn't matter anyway as they know everything about main Jedi fighting styles: Ataru, Shien, Niman and Juyo, that weren't developed till after the war.
We should not forget that the Sith were infiltrating Jedi Order and the Republic by centuries. Some of them ( like Barel Ovair) become Jedi scholars. They probably had access to Jedi teachings and knowledge.

However, I do not know exactly when their espionage operations has started. That is why I can not confirm this or deny it for 100% sure. So far it is the most logical explanation of events for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I am stating that most of the council seemed to back Revan and his rise as the Champion of the order against Malak's faction. Yet in the book they all seem to dislike him, don't care about his redemption and want to banish him anyway, which is rather contradictory.
I thought, that the main reason behind Jedi Council "change of heart" were Revan's "heresies" and fear that he will turn many young Jedi against old tradition of the Order, like he did during Mandalorian Wars.

SnoggyMack
12.09.2012 , 12:14 PM | #22
The book states that Revan is not popular with the council. That most of them dislike his involvement with the order. But it does state that some still like and support him. It doesn't go into specifics beyond his scene in the archives with one particular jedi who holds one particular grudge. Other than that it's just nebulous "they don't like him being part of the order" type stuff.

So I wouldn't say that they "all" hate him or anything like that. The book states that his return to the order is not popular. Which makes a certain amount of sense considering his actions and philosophy. The book also spends a lot of time harping on how popular he is with the republic because of how he saved everyone and how much of a hero he is.

So the author is trying (and maybe to some readers he failed), to illustrate that Revan is both really popular because he was a champion who saved the day, and really unpopular because of the hard choices and bad deeds of his past.

I'm liking Deceived a lot more. It focuses on the trailers from SWTOR before the game's release. Though it's relegation or lowering of Malgus' status in the empire is annoying considering how many times he gives me a Flashpoint mission in the game.

Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"