Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If Lightside Revan is canon...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
If Lightside Revan is canon...

LegendaryBlade
12.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
best only because of stats

i personally thought visually it was not that great and never used it
I thought it was the best looking set in the game.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Airmo
12.07.2012 , 05:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Glaring plotholes? I wouldn't say so, but then that's probably me just being ill informed... I must admit though, I was not impressed by the whole Revan goes home, gets married, rejoins the Order, meets Canderous in a cantina... it all seemed a bit, ordinary considering the massive events that had just occurred. But plotholes? I'm not too sure.
I liked the bits with him and Bastila.. but I'm a sucker for those kinds of things.. and Canderous was a bro in that novel.

Don't let 'them' get started about Meetra!
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

LegendaryBlade
12.07.2012 , 05:28 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I liked the bits with him and Bastila.. but I'm a sucker for those kinds of things.. and Canderous was a bro in that novel.

Don't let 'them' get started about Meetra!
Oh dear yes, we certainly wouldn't want to have a conversation on the forums
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Airmo
12.07.2012 , 05:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
Oh dear yes, we certainly wouldn't want to have a conversation on the forums
I wouldn't exactly call it a 'conversation' and I think you might have been taking what I said seriously.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Rayla_Felana
12.07.2012 , 07:11 PM | #15
Glaring plotholes? I wouldn't say so, but then that's probably me just being ill informed... I must admit though, I was not impressed by the whole Revan goes home, gets married, rejoins the Order, meets Canderous in a cantina... it all seemed a bit, ordinary considering the massive events that had just occurred. But plotholes? I'm not too sure.
You need to replay the games and then read the book again, they are pretty obvious.

Beniboybling
12.08.2012 , 09:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
You need to replay the games and then read the book again, they are pretty obvious.
Lol, I'd rather just be told. TBH all I can see people getting angry about it how the characters were potrayed... but then again they had never been portrayed before so how can we disagree? But now I think about it there is the whole Ebon Hawk thing... I seem to recall Traya saying he left the Hawk behind. But I may be wrong and that's pretty dumb anyway as last time I checked Revan hasn't learned how to hyperspace jump with the Force yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
I thought it was the best looking set in the game.
Well, its a matter of opinion. But I think using his other armor was a better idea because the whole mask and robes get up is pretty iconic.

Rayla_Felana
12.08.2012 , 10:04 AM | #17
Lol, I'd rather just be told. TBH all I can see people getting angry about it how the characters were potrayed... but then again they had never been portrayed before so how can we disagree? But now I think about it there is the whole Ebon Hawk thing... I seem to recall Traya saying he left the Hawk behind. But I may be wrong and that's pretty dumb anyway as last time I checked Revan hasn't learned how to hyperspace jump with the Force yet.
The Jedi order has 10,000 members, apparently, yet that flies in the face of all the sources created in the entire Old Sith Wars era, especially the Great Sith Wars when the masters state that there are around 3,000 Jedi before the war starts, a war which was meant to kill off a ton of them, then the Mando Wars which killed even more, then the Jedi Civil War which kills even more of them.

Then Karpyshyn writes that the true Sith had the same lightsaber forms as the Jedi, even though they had vanished before three of them even existed and the rest were redesigned.

Let's not forget that apparently the Jedi council hated Revan, despite throughout the entire first game, only Vrook seems to dislike Revan and the rest of them all saw him as the ultimate champion, then after the game, they ALL hate him and want to kick him out? in the second game, only Vrook and Atris speak out against Revan, the rest don't care.

I could go on, but I am only going off of memory, or perhaps I am repressing the awfulness.

Beniboybling
12.08.2012 , 10:17 AM | #18
The Jedi order has 10,000 members, apparently, yet that flies in the face of all the sources created in the entire Old Sith Wars era, especially the Great Sith Wars when the masters state that there are around 3,000 Jedi before the war starts, a war which was meant to kill off a ton of them, then the Mando Wars which killed even more, then the Jedi Civil War which kills even more of them.
I agree, this is the only thing I didn't like about this book. How he portrayed the Republic, it all seems very back to normal when the Jedi are meant to be shattered and broken.

Quote:
Then Karpyshyn writes that the true Sith had the same lightsaber forms as the Jedi, even though they had vanished before three of them even existed and the rest were redesigned.
This is a bit nitpicky. We're talking about the Sith Empire, who until SWTOR didn't even exist in Star Wars canon. For all intensive purposes they were destroyed in the Great Hyperspace War. So while the forms may have vanished from the known galaxy, they could have easily remained in practice within the Sith Empire - which nobody knew existed anyway.

Quote:
Let's not forget that apparently the Jedi council hated Revan, despite throughout the entire first game, only Vrook seems to dislike Revan and the rest of them all saw him as the ultimate champion, then after the game, they ALL hate him and want to kick him out? in the second game, only Vrook and Atris speak out against Revan, the rest don't care.
Jedi don't hate, they don't love either. So what ever feelings they have towards Revan are nothing to do with personal prejudices, I think wanting to remove him from the Order is the only logical. After almost he fell to the darkside and brought the galaxy to its knees, they are going to be wary.

Rayla_Felana
12.08.2012 , 11:17 AM | #19
This is a bit nitpicky. We're talking about the Sith Empire, who until SWTOR didn't even exist in Star Wars canon. For all intensive purposes they were destroyed in the Great Hyperspace War. So while the forms may have vanished from the known galaxy, they could have easily remained in practice within the Sith Empire - which nobody knew existed anyway.
I don't think you get it, most of the lightsaber forms didn't exist until AFTER the Hyperspace War, but apparently, that fact doesn't matter anyway as they know everything about main Jedi fighting styles: Ataru, Shien, Niman and Juyo, that weren't developed till after the war.

Jedi don't hate, they don't love either. So what ever feelings they have towards Revan are nothing to do with personal prejudices, I think wanting to remove him from the Order is the only logical. After almost he fell to the darkside and brought the galaxy to its knees, they are going to be wary.
I am stating that most of the council seemed to back Revan and his rise as the Champion of the order against Malak's faction. Yet in the book they all seem to dislike him, don't care about his redemption and want to banish him anyway, which is rather contradictory.

Beniboybling
12.08.2012 , 11:19 AM | #20
I don't think you get it, most of the lightsaber forms didn't exist until AFTER the Hyperspace War, but apparently, that fact doesn't matter anyway as they know everything about main Jedi fighting styles: Ataru, Shien, Niman and Juyo, that weren't developed till after the war.

Ah I see, but stuff like this happens all the time. You just gotta take it with a pinch of salt.