Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

If Lightside Revan is canon...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
If Lightside Revan is canon...

LegendaryBlade's Avatar


LegendaryBlade
12.06.2012 , 08:44 PM | #1
How come he wasn't wearing the Starforge robes when we find him in SWTOR?

Why would he ever discard such powerful robes?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ForgeRobes.JPG
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
12.06.2012 , 09:19 PM | #2
Because the Star Forge robes were game mechanics, nothing more - plus, when he was captured and put in stasis, it was at least 4 years post-KOTOR. Even if he did have them, hypothetically, they tend to stand out. Most of the novel he was trying to fit in - first on Coruscant, then among the Mandalorians, and finally on Dromund Kaas.

But yeah, game mechanics of the original game. Do you think Revan would really pause on a mission that important as killing Malak, only to make himself some clothes? Nah. He wore what was on hand - and the reason he was wearing his "classic" outfit in TOR is probably because, non-canon wise, it is his most widely-recognized outfit, and canon wise, Scourge brought Revan and Meetra changes of clothes - and Revan's robes seem to be Sith style, even three hundred years later. Look at all of the Inquisitor robes you can get in-game that are recolors of his robes - whether red or blue or black. Where do you think Revan got those robes in the first place, as a Sith? He was corrupted by the Emperor on Dromund Kaas, and he was probably given new robes to wear in honor of his 'Darth' title - though he kept his mask from the Mandalorian Wars.

And besides, I am not a giant fan of the Star Forge robes, so I wouldn't have wanted to see him wearing those anyway.

LegendaryBlade's Avatar


LegendaryBlade
12.06.2012 , 09:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Because the Star Forge robes were game mechanics, nothing more - plus, when he was captured and put in stasis, it was at least 4 years post-KOTOR. Even if he did have them, hypothetically, they tend to stand out. Most of the novel he was trying to fit in - first on Coruscant, then among the Mandalorians, and finally on Dromund Kaas.

But yeah, game mechanics of the original game. Do you think Revan would really pause on a mission that important as killing Malak, only to make himself some clothes? Nah. He wore what was on hand - and the reason he was wearing his "classic" outfit in TOR is probably because, non-canon wise, it is his most widely-recognized outfit, and canon wise, Scourge brought Revan and Meetra changes of clothes - and Revan's robes seem to be Sith style, even three hundred years later. Look at all of the Inquisitor robes you can get in-game that are recolors of his robes - whether red or blue or black. Where do you think Revan got those robes in the first place, as a Sith? He was corrupted by the Emperor on Dromund Kaas, and he was probably given new robes to wear in honor of his 'Darth' title - though he kept his mask from the Mandalorian Wars.

And besides, I am not a giant fan of the Star Forge robes, so I wouldn't have wanted to see him wearing those anyway.
I don't think the Starforge robes can just be written off as game mechanic. The Star Forge makes thes robes for you, they're entirely unique, and they are the most powerful lightside robes in the game. They aren't an in game secret or anything, they're practically part of the path through the Forge.

I loved the Star Forge robes and, since the whole reason they included Revan in the first place was for us to fanboy over him, I think it would of been pretty cool to see him wear them.

I haven't read the book, I've heard it's pretty bad so I keep procrastinating on it.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
12.06.2012 , 10:02 PM | #4
The book is one of my favorite SW novels - but it's bad mostly for people who favor the Exile over Revan, since Drew pretty much gives her the job of not-so-perky sidekick. Which does annoy me, but I prefer Revan.

As the the SF robes, according to a comic made a few years back, Revan was actually wearing the Qel-Droma robes during the fight with Malak - robes you find on Korriban. So no, he definitely did not wear the SF robes in canon, though I suppose I can see why you'd want them - like I said, they're not my favorite, but they're definitely cool. I like the Tython commendation Jedi Consular shirt specifically because it resembles the SF robes, in color at least. In fact, my Consular will be wearing nothing except the moddable version of those robes.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.07.2012 , 12:22 PM | #5
I'm not sure if those robes are actually canon, I think this is canonically what Revan looked like when he struck down Malak. And this is what he looked like when he faced the Emperor.

LegendaryBlade's Avatar


LegendaryBlade
12.07.2012 , 12:29 PM | #6
So what you're telling me is.

Canon has no love for the best armor in KOTOR?

I am sad.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
The book is one of my favorite SW novels - but it's bad mostly for people who favor the Exile over Revan, since Drew pretty much gives her the job of not-so-perky sidekick. Which does annoy me, but I prefer Revan.
You mean for anyone who actually respects the KotOR series and sees the glaring plotholes and cotnradictions made by the book compared to BOTH games.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.07.2012 , 12:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
So what you're telling me is.

Canon has no love for the best armor in KOTOR?

I am sad.
I wouldn't say best, personally I preferred Revan's original gear - but BioWare kinda ruined it. :P

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
You mean for anyone who actually respects the KotOR series and sees the glaring plotholes and cotnradictions made by the book compared to BOTH games.
Glaring plotholes? I wouldn't say so, but then that's probably me just being ill informed... I must admit though, I was not impressed by the whole Revan goes home, gets married, rejoins the Order, meets Canderous in a cantina... it all seemed a bit, ordinary considering the massive events that had just occurred. But plotholes? I'm not too sure.

diogovn's Avatar


diogovn
12.07.2012 , 01:08 PM | #9
I never liked that robe. The black one is way cooler.

gpgtx's Avatar


gpgtx
12.07.2012 , 04:58 PM | #10
best only because of stats

i personally thought visually it was not that great and never used it